Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #391
DevilsAssassin
Banned

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Damn the suns just traded Steve Nash + Aaron Brooks for Louis Wolliams and Evan Turner!!!
DevilsAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #392
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nah he's probably like in his 4th or 5th season now. He earned that $13mil after his 3rd season. I'm currently in my 3rd season now 21gms in. I'm playing just Key games and damn there are alot of them. Which I dont mind because I want to win MVP. I wonder what kind of deals I'll get offered. I might just stick it out with the Sixers.

Yup. As you get better key games jump. I went from 4 key games a year to 35-40!
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #393
G-train
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
Damn the suns just traded Steve Nash + Aaron Brooks for Louis Wolliams and Evan Turner!!!

Not sure if Philly would take that either in reality.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #394
nightprowler10
Hold the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Uploaded my first video on YouTube as a test.
Just realized I posted a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc3bukga-dM
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #395
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

A poster mentioned it awhile ago but I think there just may be a connection where simmin games is what spawns so many wacky trades. I've played a string of Key Games where I didnt have many regular games in between. I'd have back to back key games, a regular game, key game, two regular games, back to back key games. But I came over a stretch where there were 11 regular games before my next key game. Before I got to that point the lineups was pretty much the same players. I sim those 11gms tho and all of a sudden Manu Ginoboli, Wilson Chandler, Pau Gasol are on my team and I'm now the starting PG.

On the bench is Derozen and Kmart. I'm not complaining because my team before had Andray Blatche, Paul George, OJ Mayo (at PG). This team is much better but the changeover is mindboggling. I just wish they'd trade Speights man. He's been the one constant on my team since I was a rookie. Everyone else came via trade.

But back to the point and what the other poster hinted at. I do think simmin to Key Games spawns the wacky trades you see. My rookie season I played the majority of games and trades were limited. Only time it occured was when I simmed a couple games to reach All Star break.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #396
nightprowler10
Hold the door

Quote:
A poster mentioned it awhile ago but I think there just may be a connection where simmin games is what spawns so many wacky trades. I've played a string of Key Games where I didnt have many regular games in between. I'd have back to back key games, a regular game, key game, two regular games, back to back key games. But I came over a stretch where there were 11 regular games before my next key game. Before I got to that point the lineups was pretty much the same players. I sim those 11gms tho and all of a sudden Manu Ginoboli, Wilson Chandler, Pau Gasol are on my team and I'm now the starting PG.

On the bench is Derozen and Kmart. I'm not complaining because my team before had Andray Blatche, Paul George, OJ Mayo (at PG). This team is much better but the changeover is mindboggling. I just wish they'd trade Speights man. He's been the one constant on my team since I was a rookie. Everyone else came via trade.

But back to the point and what the other poster hinted at. I do think simmin to Key Games spawns the wacky trades you see. My rookie season I played the majority of games and trades were limited. Only time it occured was when I simmed a couple games to reach All Star break.
Yeah I noticed the correlation a few pages back. This makes me very wary of simming games again since I'm loving this Knicks starting line-up.

Oden
Aldridge
Melo
Me
Billups

We just cruised past the Pacers in the first round of the playoffs and about go up against the Celtics. Anyway, I'd be very disappointed if they broke up this team next season, which I'm sure will happen if I sim.

What's great is that I'm actually a 6'8" SF playing as a 2 guard since quick enough to guard other teams' 2s. This gives a great advantage on both ends of the court and allows me to shut down almost everyone. The only 2 guard I usually really struggle against is Ellis, and Rose whenever I have to guard him.

Last edited by nightprowler10 : 11-08-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #397
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Yo thats a sick starting 5 man. I'd be mad if they broke that up.

I mean if trades happen and you upgraded at PG? Fine, but that 5 is good to go. I cant say I've had a nice starting 5 like that ince I've started.

Right now its

Me
Manu
Chandler
Gasol
Speights

Like I said I'm not complaining but atleast with your 5 everyone plays their positions and its good across the board. Speights aint bad, I just dont like him.

I'm so not a PG. I'd love to have Melo at SF with me. We'd crush. Everytime I play the Knicks he owns. Not just shooting, he's tough as hell in the post.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #398
chips93
Very good NBA starter

any way to stop all os these crazy trades? or any patch oming out?

i havent started a my player yet, but i dont want to play with all of these crazy trades you guys are talking about.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #399
DevilsAssassin
Banned

I finally cracked into the starting line up after 20 games.

We traded Grant Hill along with a 2nd round pick to the Spurs for James Anderson and a 1st round pick
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #400
Fiasco
latsis4everô

If you guys don't want to see wacky trades AND you sim up to key games, my advice would be to turn off the CPU trading so you don't end up with a new team everytime you sim.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #401
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
any way to stop all os these crazy trades? or any patch oming out?

i havent started a my player yet, but i dont want to play with all of these crazy trades you guys are talking about.

Nope no patch. This has gone on in 2k11 all year.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #402
Clippersfan86
Banned

They promised a patch Chips and GOBB. It's coming soon. In fact they have mentioned it as their "Really big patch". Currently all they have sent out were 3 small patches to fix smaller issues.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #403
hops and stops
Not airballing my layups anymore

does anyone get an error whenever you exit the game on pc?
hops and stops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #404
DevilsAssassin
Banned

Just scored 51Points in my player mode!!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #405
nightprowler10
Hold the door

Quote:
Yo thats a sick starting 5 man. I'd be mad if they broke that up.

I mean if trades happen and you upgraded at PG? Fine, but that 5 is good to go. I cant say I've had a nice starting 5 like that ince I've started.

Right now its

Me
Manu
Chandler
Gasol
Speights

Like I said I'm not complaining but atleast with your 5 everyone plays their positions and its good across the board. Speights aint bad, I just dont like him.

I'm so not a PG. I'd love to have Melo at SF with me. We'd crush. Everytime I play the Knicks he owns. Not just shooting, he's tough as hell in the post.
Yeah Melo is ridiculous in this game. So many clutch shots, he's so good in the paint as you mentioned, and really good on D as well. There are games where I just focus on D and let Melo run amuck and we win easily. Its funny, I've always ended up in a team with Melo every time I play MP mode. I ended up on the Nuggets in both of my second seasons in 2k10 and 2k11, won the chip with Melo, Nene, Billups, JR Smith, and me as a 99 rated PF. Now I get drafted by Knicks after being a dick to everyone else in my interviews again.

That said, it has never been more fun playing alongside him. I had to do all the work in 2k10 and 2k11... except the finals where Melo took LeBron on iso on almost every possession.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: