Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #511
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Dropped 30 points in one game on 70%+ FG shooting. Next game? 6 points on 1/7 FG shooting.

I think I'm just going to play in the easier difficulty levels until my player gets better. Still can't shoot worth shit. Only reason I dropped 30 in the other game was because it was against Earl Boykins, who couldn't stop my drives to the basket. Made it look easy.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #512
outbreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,398
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Does anyone else think consistency is bugged in this game, my centre was shooting 60%+ from the field and hardly ever missed a post shot (he's 90ins,90close,85 shot lot post,85 shot in traffic and 85 layup). His consistency was on whatever it started on (around 40 i think?), I just dumped points into it and bought it up to 70 now all of a sudden I'm missing easy post ups on point guards and my guy shimmy lay ups like a retard and ends up directly under the ring and just hitting the bottom of the ring. Never used to do this and he now ends up shooting like 40% from the field over the last few games taking the exact same post up shots.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #513
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

^^^Definitely noticed that. I feel as though now that my guy's midrange shot has been improved, I'm missing them more than I was before. Makes no sense to me.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #514
KG215
NBA Superstar
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,115
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Does anyone else think consistency is bugged in this game, my centre was shooting 60%+ from the field and hardly ever missed a post shot (he's 90ins,90close,85 shot lot post,85 shot in traffic and 85 layup). His consistency was on whatever it started on (around 40 i think?), I just dumped points into it and bought it up to 70 now all of a sudden I'm missing easy post ups on point guards and my guy shimmy lay ups like a retard and ends up directly under the ring and just hitting the bottom of the ring. Never used to do this and he now ends up shooting like 40% from the field over the last few games taking the exact same post up shots.

Haven't noticed it yet, but I dump a lot of points into consistency right off the bat, before I really concentrate on whatever shot attributes are best for my player.

Interestingly enough, I just all of a sudden got over the hump. I was 20 games into a My Player as a 6'5" athletic PG. I was averaging around 25/9/5/1 on around 45% shooting. I was missing more layups and close shots, though, than mid-range jumpers. It was getting really frustrating. I'd make a nice move, get to the rim, and then miss a semi-easy layup. Then, about five or six games ago, despite not making any drastic changes to any attributes, I had this enormous breakout game. I went off for 48 pts, 16 ast, and 13 rebounds on over 50% shooting, and my numbers have steadily improved in each game since. My best game so far I scored 67 points, had 18 assists, and 15 rebounds on close to 60% shooting. I started getting to the rim a lot easier for uncontested dunks and layups. I've also averaged close to 5 steals a game during this stretch. It was like kind of out nowhere the game just got considerably easier.

It was kind of fun having ridiculous triple-double games of 50-15-15 with 4 or 5 steals thrown in, but now it's grown stale, so I guess it's time to up the difficulty level to Superstar. I'm thinking about starting another one as a center or power-forward but I experimented with that a couple of months ago, and all I really remember is getting frustrated because I'd get in the game for 3-5 minutes at a time and maybe get 2 or 3 touches on offense, if that.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #515
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Dropped three 40 point games in my last 4 games on superstar difficulty. The last one that I played was against the Bobcats, and I was in foul trouble the entire game. Only played 28 minutes, and we went into 2 overtimes to win the game.
My player is at 66 rating with 99 passing, 67 inside scoring, 50 three-pointer shooting, 50 dunking, 75 lay-ups, 75 free-throw rating, & 65 consistency.
In last 4 games, I dropped:
40/1/10/3 on 50%
19/4/9/3 on 45% <<< terrible shooting game. Almost quit because I had 9 turnovers, but eh...
40/1/8/2 on ~55%
41/4/9/3 on 60%+

This game is extremely addicting. I think I'm spending too much time on it now. ~20 games in, and I've gotten Rookie of the Month, as well as Western Conference Player of the Week.

Last edited by Scholar : 02-14-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 AM   #516
KG215
NBA Superstar
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,115
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Dropped three 40 point games in my last 4 games on superstar difficulty. The last one that I played was against the Bobcats, and I was in foul trouble the entire game. Only played 28 minutes, and we went into 2 overtimes to win the game.
My player is at 66 rating with 99 passing, 67 inside scoring, 50 three-pointer shooting, 50 dunking, 75 lay-ups, 75 free-throw rating, & 65 consistency.
In last 4 games, I dropped:
40/1/10/3 on 50%
19/4/9/3 on 45% <<< terrible shooting game. Almost quit because I had 9 turnovers, but eh...
40/1/8/2 on ~55%
41/4/9/3 on 60%+

This game is extremely addicting. I think I'm spending too much time on it now. ~20 games in, and I've gotten Rookie of the Month, as well as Western Conference Player of the Week.


Just wait until you get your three-point rating up, and you'll be dropping 50-60 points with ease. I got to the point where I was scoring 40-50 about every game with zero made three-pointers. Spent basically all of my points I earned over the next 7 or 8 games on my three-point rating, got it up to 80, and my scoring really took off. I've had some games since where I've gone like 2/6 or 1/5 from three but, about every other game, I hit 4-6 three-pointers and score 60ish points.

I hate how many turnovers you get as a PG in My Player. I've got my guy's ball security, off-hand dribbling, and passing rating up in the 80s and/or 90s and still average 4.5 turnovers per game. I've been very tempted to quit some 30/10/10 type games because I'll have 7 or 8 turnovers in the fourth quarter. The type that I get the most often that piss me off are stupid passes that I have no control over. I'll penetrate into the lane (I play for the Lakers) and will have two or three defenders converge on me. Instead of throwing the ball up around the rim to Gasol my guy will instead try to pass it through all the defenders and turn the ball over. I know I could just trigger the ally-oop animation but I'm afraid I'll turn it over doing that, too.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #517
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

I got my 3-pt shooting up to 60 now and I dropped 54 points on the Lakers, even while in foul trouble. I went 9/20 from the 3-pt line. It was kind of annoying to me that I was scoring so much because it really took the realism out of the game, but it was fun at the same time.

I noticed, though, that if I don't score 20+ points for my team, we always lose. In order for us to win, I have to lead the team in scoring.

I play 12 minute quarters every time, btw.



A couple more things worth noting are that in the "League Leaders" section, I lead the NBA in steals, but whenever a game is starting and they show my stats, it says I'm 4th in stealing.
Also, whenever my team's Conference record is shown, it lists us at #3 or #2 (we're tied with the Minnesota Timberwolves with the same record, and it doesn't seem like we can pass them or they can pass us), but Kevin Harlan will say something to the effect of, "The Suns have really surprised everyone this year. They're #5 in the Conference, but I'm sure they'd like to crack the top 3." We are in the top 3 in the Conference!
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #518
outbreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,398
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Just wait until you get your three-point rating up, and you'll be dropping 50-60 points with ease. I got to the point where I was scoring 40-50 about every game with zero made three-pointers. Spent basically all of my points I earned over the next 7 or 8 games on my three-point rating, got it up to 80, and my scoring really took off. I've had some games since where I've gone like 2/6 or 1/5 from three but, about every other game, I hit 4-6 three-pointers and score 60ish points.

I hate how many turnovers you get as a PG in My Player. I've got my guy's ball security, off-hand dribbling, and passing rating up in the 80s and/or 90s and still average 4.5 turnovers per game. I've been very tempted to quit some 30/10/10 type games because I'll have 7 or 8 turnovers in the fourth quarter. The type that I get the most often that piss me off are stupid passes that I have no control over. I'll penetrate into the lane (I play for the Lakers) and will have two or three defenders converge on me. Instead of throwing the ball up around the rim to Gasol my guy will instead try to pass it through all the defenders and turn the ball over. I know I could just trigger the ally-oop animation but I'm afraid I'll turn it over doing that, too.

I don't find turn overs to be an issue. I use icon passing 90% of the time for my passes. The only time it annoys me is when doing alley oops and the catcher has stone hands. Need to be careful on alley oops they work much better when i set them up myself by sending them to the top of the key then back in.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #519
Dukem
Learning to shoot layups
 
Dukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 77
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

I have two my players:
My first one was before the trading patch was out and he is a 3pt specialist Shooting Guard. I was drafted by the Pistons but i requested a trade to the New Orleans Hornets where we bet the Lakers in the first round of the playoffs in 7 games but then lost to the Rockets (don't ask me how) in 7 games. I then requested a trade to Chicago because they were last in the eastern conference.

My second one i literally just started and i'm a athletic Small Forward who was drafted by the Phoenix Suns. I prefer this one if i'm honest as dunking on people is quite fun.
Dukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #520
Whatfoul?
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Whatfoul?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 267
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Went for a 6,2 Point Guard, athletic type.
Did well in Rookie showcase 15 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, a steal and got draft interviews with Houston, Pacers and Knicks. Was a d1ck to Houston and Pacers and sucked up to the Knicks but Pacers took me.

Started off well coming off bench averaging 10 and 5 in about 24 mins(10 min quarters). Finally Collison moved out the way and i was moved to a starter role.
We were balling 2nd in league behing Heat with a 19-5 record and for some unknown reason we traded Granger for Roy and Batum, then Paul George for a pick....U friggin kidding me, Roy and Batum were awful so i demanded a trade and made Knicks my priority. Trade was made and now im balling for the Knicks. Played a few games and my assists have gone up massively with Melo and Amare, (Amare averaging 32 ppg and Melo 26!!)
Only annoying thing is they sometimes start Douglas then me s SG trying to guard people that are 6-6. Luckily my defence rating is pretty good so i can hold out most people, apart from Kobe and Wade who raped me by posting me up all the time!
Stats are 26-8
31 Mins, 18 ppg, 8 ast, 3 rbs, 1.4 stl, 0.9 blk. Turnovers tho at 3 a game!
Whatfoul? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #521
Mr. I'm So Rad
Banned
 
Mr. I'm So Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Searching...
Posts: 5,286
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Made a 6'11'' Faceup PF to play with D12 down in Orlando. I wanted my play style to be like an Amar'e Stoudemire in that I usually face up in the post (obviously) and blow past my defenders for easy dunks and finishes around the rim. I want to be a much better defender and rebounder than Amar'e though. In my last game against the Celtics, I lit them up in the 2nd half since D12 was on the bench. I finished with 29/16/4/1/5 (5 blocks).

Btw Dwight Howard is the best My Player teammate I've ever had. He rarely misses shots and he rebounds really well. He doesn't block shots like he normally does though. He's averaging 21/11/1 while I'm averaging 19/10/3/2. This is how it should be. We should be the most dominant frontcourt in the league.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #522
Mr. I'm So Rad
Banned
 
Mr. I'm So Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Searching...
Posts: 5,286
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

The only thing I don't like is that I play way more minutes than Dwight. Like he's only playing 36 minutes per game even though he doesn't get in foul trouble (he's only averaging like 2.8 fouls per game), while I average over 40 minutes per game. Even in blowouts, I'll play 42+ minutes. I thought they fixed that from last year.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #523
KG215
NBA Superstar
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,115
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
The only thing I don't like is that I play way more minutes than Dwight. Like he's only playing 36 minutes per game even though he doesn't get in foul trouble (he's only averaging like 2.8 fouls per game), while I average over 40 minutes per game. Even in blowouts, I'll play 42+ minutes. I thought they fixed that from last year.

Nope. I'm a PG for the Lakers and I'm getting 40-43 minutes per game while Kobe is getting 35-38 and Gasol gets about 32 or 33 per game.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #524
TMacsOneGoodEye
Great college starter
 
TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,541
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

I signed a fat contract with the Clippers (12 minute quarters, so it's taken awhile) and I'm an all-around PG, but I still have the plays from my old team. I was on the Sixers and now I can only call Sixers plays even though I am on the Clippers. Is there a way to change that? Games getting stale and a new playbook would open things up.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #525
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,811
Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

I just started a new player and hands down having most fun ever. 6'6 big PG who is a scoring PG that I'm trying to mold after Magic. So far I play like Derrick Rose with a better outside shot.... but eventually will be a pass first PG. I just need to keep scoring to keep my skill points coming at 3k+ a game.

A typical game for me is like 25-30 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block and a few steals on 50 percent shooting. That's on 5 minute quarters off the bench in a 6th man role so far for the Mavericks. I LOVE playing on the Mavs. I demanded a trade from Jazz because they benched me entire 4th quarters and played selfish.

On Mavs everybody shares the ball and the crowd loves me. Plus it's fun knowing that I can usher in the next dominant Mavs era and send Dirk off in a good way.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy