Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Has a Dislocated Shoulder

Hopefully he's ok and doesn't hurt him too much.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    how does it explain his shooting troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Melo injured his shoulder in game 5 and was left bent over in pain in game 6 from the same injury.

In the press conference follow tonights game Melo revealed his shoulder was dislocated temporarily before he popped it back in.

Really explains Melos shooting troubles.

Regardless of the fact that the shoulder popped back in, when that occurs ligaments and tendons stretch and become more lax. This is a problem that will not be resolved during the playoffs. In fact continuing to get hit there could eventually cause a torn Rotator Cuff and/or other structures in the shoulder which, if not corrected by surgery could effect his ability to score for the rest of his career. Melos boxing doesnt help this either...

Hopefully this doesnt grow into a larger problem...

This is why you dont let series go longer than they have to. Unexpected injuries occur....game 5 and 6 didnt need to be played, we couldve rested this week and Melos shoulder couldve been fine.

SOURCE: so you guys stop annoying the sh1t out of me here:

This was Melo saying it from his mouth, not some report.

Where did i hear it?

Goto the NBA GAMETIME APP and goto the game videos, then goto "Press Pass: Anthony and Felton"

from the 40 second mark he begins to talk about his shoulder. When he mentions it popped out is about at the 1 minute 15 second mark.

Not sure where NBA GAMETIME APP gets their content but im assuming its probably also on NBA.com
    No it doesnt.... Carmelo will & has shot around this % millions of times and even worse, especially in the playoffs (take a look at his % last few playoff runs)..... its not a shooting struggle for him, its just the average day for a Carmelo in the playoffs.... he just... is this good/bad.... Carmelo shooting anywhere near 50% or over is him being on nasty fire or playing a horrible opposing defense or a combination of both....
    Last edited by pauk; 05-04-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    No it doesnt.... Carmelo will & has shot like this millions of times, especially in the playoffs..... its not a shooting struggle for him, its just the average day for a Carmelo in the playoffs.... he just... is this good/bad.... Carmelo shooting anywhere near 50% or over is him being on nasty fire....
    So let me get this straight...playing with a dislocated shoulder doesn't explain shooting troubles?

Ask your boy D whistle how his dislocated shoulder felt, it's a miracle that he's walking again

Last edited by kNicKz; 05-04-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    So let me get this straight...playing with a dislocated shoulder doesn't explain shooting troubles?

Ask your boy D whistle how his dislocated shoulder felt, it's a miracle that he's walking again

So you think D-Wade is pauk's boy?

He's gotta be careful with an injury like that. All I see is Avery Bradley "popping it back in" repeatedly in the 2012 playoffs so he could play and he ended up destroying both shoulders before surgery was needed.

Teams know this and are gonna make as much contact with him as possible.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Really explains Melos shooting troubles.

Ahh so this is why he's a career 42% shooter in the playoffs, he's been playing with a dislocated shoulder for 10 seasons.

man.. another man lies down to make the path for lebron to the asterisk

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    So you think D-Wade is pauk's boy?
    Pauk is a one man woman.

he blames wade for 2011 Finals
    talk about standing by your man

I bet the Pacers try and destroy his shoulder.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsGame
    I bet the Pacers try and destroy his shoulder.
    damn you must be very scared of us

OP elevated an injury Melo says is literally no problem at all to a career affecting injury.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm going to be "that guy" for a minute...

But when did he dislocate it and pop it back into place? Because if it was tonight, it really doesn't explain his awful shooting in the other 5 games where he shot 39% (54-of-137).

Hope it's not too big of an issue next round, though, because I'm really looking forward to that series.
    It's pretty clear when. On the KG pull. Someone post video - I can't remember if it was this game, last game or even game 4 . However the moment I saw it I thought dislocated Shoulder.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    No it doesnt.... Carmelo will & has shot around this % millions of times and even worse, especially in the playoffs (take a look at his % last few playoff runs)..... its not a shooting struggle for him, its just the average day for a Carmelo in the playoffs.... he just... is this good/bad.... Carmelo shooting anywhere near 50% or over is him being on nasty fire or playing a horrible opposing defense or a combination of both....
    (i) You're a ****ing idiot. (ii) Melo has been playing fantastic defense. (iii) He's missed his last 20? from 3 - that does not happen to him without injury. Not in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm going to be "that guy" for a minute...

But when did he dislocate it and pop it back into place? Because if it was tonight, it really doesn't explain his awful shooting in the other 5 games where he shot 39% (54-of-137).

Hope it's not too big of an issue next round, though, because I'm really looking forward to that series.
    He didn't shoot awful in all 5 games he only shot bad in two of those 5 games