Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

Default BREAKING: Lakers Trade D'Lo

Lakers Trade Dlo, Mozgov to Nets for Brooks, 27th pick

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/2...-brooklyn-nets

reactions!

Default Re: Lakers Trade Dlo

My goodness, its been a few years for me, I just could not stomach the Jim Buss led Lakers.

Magic is back and working Magic. This has to be a precursor to a Paul George deal, regardless I like the deal a lot.

DLo I feared was always going to be a below average shooter with below average athleticism. I feared he was a starter at best. To turn him into the 27th pick, dump Mozgovs terrible contract, and get a legit starting center is a pretty good start towards rebuilding.

The Lakers get better immediately as Lonzo will replace DLo, Lopez will replace Mozgov, Paul George is about to be a Laker and you unlocked a ton of money over the next 3 years, thus making the future much brighter.

Lets get Paul George!

I rule the local playground

i still cant believe Mozgov and deng signing and how much it cost the lakers to get rid of the contract. i wouldnt have mind iff they were two year deals. i hope they can hold off trading for pg and have him just sign here.

whats the chance they keep lopez once the season is over?

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
    whats the chance they keep lopez once the season is over?
    Either way its a win. They can resign him or let him go and have enough room for two max salaires.

I think Lopez is under rated. players who can score 20 a game efficiently are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegod
    Either way its a win. They can resign him or let him go and have enough room for two max salaires.

I think Lopez is under rated. players who can score 20 a game efficiently are rare.
    What about his defense though? He is a defensive liability way too often and not a good rebounder.

I like his offense though. He is very efficient and effective on offense, and he has a fairly nice long jumper. He is trying to add a 3pt shot to his repertoire, but I don't think he will be very good there like Mehmet Okur or Porzingis or anything like that. It's fine bc 3pt shooting was never Lopez's game anyways

The trade became official tonight during the draft:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=20427

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    What about his defense though? He is a defensive liability way too often and not a good rebounder.

I like his offense though. He is very efficient and effective on offense, and he has a fairly nice long jumper. He is trying to add a 3pt shot to his repertoire, but I don't think he will be very good there like Mehmet Okur or Porzingis or anything like that. It's fine bc 3pt shooting was never Lopez's game anyways
    He's definitely not the best rebounder/defender, but they have nobody who can score right now. The rest of the team will have to help out with rebounding/defense.