Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 ... LastLast
    Stern+refs=fail

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

If Dyess negotiates a buyout and comes back to the Pistons than this is an awesome deal. Otherwise, I don't like it so much. But.....

-______/Brown
    -Maxiell/Amir
    -Prince/Herrman (if he resigns, otherwise sharpe)
    -Hamilton/Afflalo
    -Stuckey/Bynum

+34 mil =

So I don't think this "the missing piece" but it makes the team a lot younger and a lot richer for the future. Don't forget the second rounders from Toronto and Minnesota that will fill up the roster spots and add some youth and potential. Yup, the future looks bright.

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    why not? the nuggets with chauncey are better than the pistons with ai.
    Obviously he doesn't think so. I don't think most others think that's true either.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    He's never suiting up for the Nuggets; he'll just retire as someone already said.
    Do the Nugz have to pay out this contract if he retires?
    Because I dont see McDyess throwing away those dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
    They should have just took Kwame Brown.
    Kwame is not eligible for trade until some time in December

just seems a bit b!tchy by McDyess.
    Why not go to a talented Denver team with Chauncey and try to make a run at it? I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Why not go to a talented Denver team with Chauncey and try to make a run at it? I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad.
    In a way it kind of is… but maybe McDyess is already settled in the area (Detroit) and was looking to finish his career here. He may have some future with the Pistons front office possibly too? Only Antonio knows and understands his intentions…

Players have force their hand many times:

Webber in Philadelphia
    Cassell in LAC
    Stoudimire in Memphis
    Elden Campbell in NJN

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    He has said he doesn't want to be a ring-chaser. And I think he felt comfortable in Detroit, it's where he revived his career and he just seemed happy here.

Larry Brown?

Where are you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsforthrees
    why not? the nuggets with chauncey are better than the pistons with ai.
    Don't be stupid, of course they aren't. Pistons actually play defense and now have a big time scorer to go along with very soild role players and good depth.

Local High School Star

Just on ESPN, McDyess will be back with the Pistons after his contract gets bought out.

Pistons get Iverson now, LeBron later?
    [QUOTE]Make no mistake: Detroit and Dumars are officially in hot pursuit of James

Saw a basketball once

its interesting to see where things will wind up at 2010

Detroit has very quietly gone 9-2 so far (6-2 pre-season) (3-0 season)...and no one has played big minutes.

I expect AI will average around 30 minutes most nights with Detroit...like everyone else.

He's going to have a role to play, in a much larger picture than he's used to, and that means his name, will not always be the first one up on the screen.

We'll have to wait, to see if he's up to being on a 10 headed team....I sure hope he is.

Banned

They traded Billups & McDyess for a scorer.

I would be surprised if Detroit is better because of it.

Decent college freshman

The eastern conference is getting stronger i think..Still the western is stronger tho..but not like last year.
    Philly with brand, toronto with jermaine oneal, miami & chicago had the first 2 draft picks..there has been more moves in the eastern teams then the western ones..

I guess Celtics last year upped the challenge...