Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Unregistered
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default James White is the steal of the century

I think you guys are all sleeping on the best player in this draft. Let me be the first to say it before all the rest of you get on the bandwagon. James White is the best player in this draft, and he is going to get stolen by the Los Angeles Lakers. This guy is a lottery pick that is going to slip all the way down to 26 because there is this misperception of him as just an athlete. Well, let me tell you, for the first 7-8 years of his career, MJ was just an athlete. He didn't really know the game of basketball until after his first retirement.

James White will go down in history as the biggest draft steal of all time. This kid is so good that he will be the starting pg for the lakers, and help this team go all the way to the NBA finals. The kid is that good, and you all are sleeping on him.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

wow

Saw a basketball once

Sleeping on him? Seriously? What did he do at Cincinnati? Has he developed an outside shot yet, or maybe a better question, has he improved from the line? He's just coasted on his athleticism to this point, and he'll be a welcome addition to an ABA roster.

dustinw2459

I'm probably the biggest Lakers fan in the history of the world, but even I know that a guy who wasn't even the best player on his college team will lead them to the NBA Finals..

dustinw2459

WONT lead them to the finals I mean..

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuj10
    Sleeping on him? Seriously? What did he do at Cincinnati? Has he developed an outside shot yet, or maybe a better question, has he improved from the line? He's just coasted on his athleticism to this point, and he'll be a welcome addition to an ABA roster.
    did u watch him at cincy, he had a decent outside shot, shoting about 37% and his free throw % was about 84%

Saw a basketball once

James White has been the " Ultimate " Enigma " since he arrived at Cincy. He is NOT an Athlete perse. He is more defined as a TRACK Athlete. Comparing him to MJ, HA, laughable. I think the NBA's best draft expert, Chris Monter said it best about White. He said that if he wasn't on a complete break by himself to the hoop, you would never notice this kid as any teams so-called leader. He's just way too passive Monter said. Also, unlike other shall we say at this time..." Slight of build " young kids in this draft, who are 19 to 20 years old and who need some muscle weight added on to their frames. Well James is already 23 years old. And he's skinney as a pole. He didn't even go to the Orlando Camp cause he wanted to avoid him being weighed and strength tested. I mean this kid will be 24 years old before he ever plays 1 minute of NBA Basketball, and the kid is less than 190 with a damn near 6ft 7 to 6ft, 8 frame ?

Give me a kid who is Raw yes, but excuse it with he is very young still. Well James White has ALL the Rawness of a 19 year old kid, but he's been in college for 5 years. 5 years and no serious attempt to ever lift weights and add the neccessary weight to get by in the Pros.
    5 years to work on his consistency for the game, and yet he is still as Inconsistent as they come. Oh if you are looking for a kid who can represent your team at the Dunk contest, well yes White is as good as they come. But if you are looking for a basketball player who has stilla very HIGH Ceiling...then James White is DEFINITELY not your man.

Best player in this draft,,,dude please,,,Drugs are a BAD thing :-)

Unregistered

Ok. You heard it here first. James White recently worked out for the lakers, and reportedly shot the lights out. Apparently this kid has a killer jump shot. Also, he was supposedly continuously dunking on every big man in the camp.

For those of you that want to say he is just an athlete, I will add that that is just enough to be successful in the NBA. If you know anything about basketball, you know that 90% of the players in the league are there because they are just athletes. How many of them really know the game of basketball? How many of them watch game tapes or read about the sport on there own? There are only a handful of players in the league that really know the game of basketball, and therefore they are the elite players in the league.
    The rest, can become solid ball players based solely on their athleticism.

Here are some examples: Vince Carter. Sure he has a respectable outside shot, but really the guy has no heart, plays no D, but he sure can jump (at least he used to). Allen Iverson. In the end, all that guy really has going for him is his blazing speed. Tony Parker. The same. Jason Richardson. Good foot speed, crazy vertical, decent jumper. Do I need to go on?

Athleticism is enough to have a good career in the NBA. It may not make you an all-time great, but it is enough to be excellent in the league. And, under the tutelage of Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant, this guy will become a beast. Look for him to be the starting point guard on the 2006-2007 western conference champions lakers squad.

Decent playground baller

Dude, what makes you think James White "knows" the game of basketball anyways. If he is "so good" I think we would have know by now. All of the greats show flashes in college, I haven't seen anything from James White yet.

Serious playground baller lowblok's Avatar

What was wrong with Smoosh Parker at the point?

Unregistered

Thumbs down Hes Not MJ!!

James White is an incredible athlete but don't compare him to MJ. Don't worry no one will be getting on the bandwagon just because he can put the ball threw his legs at the free throw line and dunk it. No doubt he will become one of the best dunkers of all time and win a few dunk contests but his game is not MJ material.

Saw a basketball once

Have you ever seen White dunk in traffic? No. That's because he never has. Have you ever seen him take off on a two foot jump, even in a dunk contest? No. That's because he can't. It isn't the national long jump association. Skinny and timid as he is he will end up doing a head stand in the third row if he tries that freethrow line dunk on anything but a breakaway.

Decent playground baller

He would be a nice fit for the Suns at 27. I mean who are you going to get a 27 that will actually be good anyways? You may as well take a chance on a guy that is a great athlete who fits your system well.

If James White knew anything about what was good for him he would've stayed at Florida and not acted up and then left for Cincinnati he would be more polished and also a national champion and a prime lottery pick and being taught B-ball by Donovan!

I want the Lakers to draft White. Not because he's good but because he's an incredible athlete and a dunker.
    Lakers always screw up their drafts. Their drafting history is terrible.
    At least White could be a crowd pleaser and a dunk champion. That's why I want him on the Lakers.
    Will he be good? IDK, I've never seen him play. But I do know that boy can dunk