Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #31
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Best Movie Villain of All-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk

He was better in Bloodsport.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

How can someone deny Bill the Butcher? I get it, Chigur makes you sleep with a night light on. But Bill the Butcher is worthy of greatest villain of all time mentions. Along with Darth Vader, Hannibal Lecture. He also delivered some movie quotable to boot.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #33
Segatti
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
The Raptors>T-Rex

Those f*ckers were too damn smart, figured out how to open doors and shit

They are smart, but the Rex pwned them at the end
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #34
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
Heath Ledger's Joker. End of discussion.
hannibal lecter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>joker.

joker has become so damn overrated here.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #35
ZeN
Stormblessed

My pick is The Joker

Hannibal is overrated.

Lol
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #36
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
hannibal lecter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>joker.

joker has become so damn overrated here.

Just Ledger's version. Jack don't get no respect.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #37
ZeN
Stormblessed

T.V. Hannibal may end up being even better than Hopkins.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #38
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Just Ledger's version. Jack don't get no respect.
true, i meant heath's version. granted it was a great performance, but it's not the be-all end-all
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #39
nightprowler10
Hold the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
T.V. Hannibal may end up being even better than Hopkins.
Is it that good? I watched one episode on vacation and it seemed interesting.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #40
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Is it that good? I watched one episode on vacation and it seemed interesting.
Yeah he is. Hannibal isn't featured in the first episode, so you have to watch a good few to get a feel for the character.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #41
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

Look, let's pretend Heath Ledger's the Joker is a real person. His combination of wit, charisma, and foresight would make him the most dangerous villain anywhere. U could drop him into the middle of a bloods vs crips turf war, and he would seamlessly bring order to it. Place him in the middle of Afghanistan, and the taliban becomes 10x more deadly. Neither of the former would question for long why their taking orders from a white man. He transcends cultures. Bill the butcher couldn't accomplish this. He could walk into the middle of a Mexican standoff, and singlehandedly defuse the situation. Or escalate it. And walk out unscathed. He's anarchy incarnate. Loki with a death wish in human form. He's not the most physically imposing, but his mannerisms threaten danger and when he moves he puts u on high alert, but ur too captivated to move. Like staring into the eyes of a cobra. And as great as he is

If the Joker were Leonardo's Michael, Anton Chigur was his first stick of dynamite. He's a force of nature. He absolutely terrifies u. Where the Joker threatens violence, he radiates it. Him being around u has the effect of a mike tyson staredown on ur psyche. When he walked up behind woody in that hotel, u could almost see him shyt his pants. He broke him down to the point of tears and you'd have thought they were discussing the weather.

I remember in Dracula 2000, before Drac gets ready to kill this doc he tells him "..Dignity, doctor" and the dr screams anyway.

Chigur reminds me of that. He's a boogeyman. If he were in a villa in Sicily, or a borough in the Bronx, little kids would tell stories about him. He's the closest thing to Luca Brasi I've seen since I read the Godfather. Going up against the Joker, eh if it's about money or drugs u think u have a chance. The thought of Chigur coming for u in ur sleep? U pack up and move it out of town.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #42
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.

And vader doesn't count. U could put tobey maguire in that same suit with that same voice and still have the same character. The character made the man, not the man made the character.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #43
nightprowler10
Hold the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
Look, let's pretend Heath Ledger's the Joker is a real person. His combination of wit, charisma, and foresight would make him the most dangerous villain anywhere. U could drop him into the middle of a bloods vs crips turf war, and he would seamlessly bring order to it. Place him in the middle of Afghanistan, and the taliban becomes 10x more deadly. Neither of the former would question for long why their taking orders from a white man. He transcends cultures. Bill the butcher couldn't accomplish this. He could walk into the middle of a Mexican standoff, and singlehandedly defuse the situation. Or escalate it. And walk out unscathed. He's anarchy incarnate. Loki with a death wish in human form. He's not the most physically imposing, but his mannerisms threaten danger and when he moves he puts u on high alert, but ur too captivated to move. Like staring into the eyes of a cobra. And as great as he is

If the Joker were Leonardo's Michael, Anton Chigur was his first stick of dynamite. He's a force of nature. He absolutely terrifies u. Where the Joker threatens violence, he radiates it. Him being around u has the effect of a mike tyson staredown on ur psyche. When he walked up behind woody in that hotel, u could almost see him shyt his pants. He broke him down to the point of tears and you'd have thought they were discussing the weather.

I remember in Dracula 2000, before Drac gets ready to kill this doc he tells him "..Dignity, doctor" and the dr screams anyway.

Chigur reminds me of that. He's a boogeyman. If he were in a villa in Sicily, or a borough in the Bronx, little kids would tell stories about him. He's the closest thing to Luca Brasi I've seen since I read the Godfather. Going up against the Joker, eh if it's about money or drugs u think u have a chance. The thought of Chigur coming for u in ur sleep? U pack up and move it out of town.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #44
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS BATMAN
And vader doesn't count. U could put tobey maguire in that same suit with that same voice and still have the same character. The character made the man, not the man made the character.

So you can see that the suit made Vader, but not that the make-up and script (as well as decades of literature) are what made the Joker good?

Put him in Nicholson's make-up, or alter history so that "The Killing Joke" was never written and Ledger bombs, everyone hates him.

Fvck if they had give Alan Rickman the part he would've murdered it.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #45
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Li'l Ze (City of God)

HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: