Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
greatest:Wilt100
Learning to shoot layups

Default Truth: TD isn't the top 20 O.A.T, and i'm not a TIM DUNCAN'S HATER.

yes, some guys here have reasons, TD isn't the top 20 O.A.T.

Well, Iíve 2 reasons to prove that Duncan is not top 20 O.A.T.

At first, these players are better than Duncan.

1.Kareem (need no explanations )

2. Nate Archibald (His scoring average of 34 pts per game was, at the time, an NBA record for a guard. His 910 assists that season (11.4 assists per game) was also an NBA record at the time)

3.Charles barkley (1992, 1996 helped the USA to win gold medal, was top scorer in several Olympic games, no nba titles as played in MJís era )

4. Lary bird (need no explanations)

5. Wilt chamberlain ( n.n.e)
6. elgin Baylor: (Holds NBA Finals single-game record for most points (61) on April 24, 1962 against the Boston Celtics; 71 pts a game; Scored 23,149 points in only 846 games (27.4 points per game, fourth best all-time) and averaged 30 points or more three times (1961-63); Retired as NBA's third all-time leading scorer; Ranked sixth in NBA Finals all-time scoring (26.4 in 44 games); Ranked seventh in NBA playoffs all-time scoring (27.0 in 134 games).

7. magic johnson (need no explanations)
8. M. J (need no explanations)
9. hakeem (n.n.e)
10. shaq (n.n.e)

11. OSCAR ROBERTSON ( 1960 GOLD medal, He was the co-leading scorer with fellow NBA legend jerry lucas, as the United States team won its nine games by a dominating margin of 42.4 points per game. In his rookie season, Robertson finished with incredible all-around stats of 30.5 pts, 10.1 rebs and 9.7 assists (leading the league). he became the only player in NBA history to average a triple-double for the entire season, averaging 30.8 points, 11.4 assists and 12.5 rebounds per game)

12. david robinson ( well, he built the spurs, after he was drafted, spurs went from 20-62 to 56-26, and since, spurs was always one of the best team in the league, but heís not lucky, he faced the opponents like M.J. and ďDreamĒ, but he made spurs from a mediocre team to a very good team, also with 2 gold medal).

13. bill russel (n.n.e)
14. john stockton ( the PG of the dream team, Stockton also holds the record for assists-per-game average over one season (14.5 in 1990), On defense, Stockton holds the NBA record for career steals with 3,265, nearly 30 percent more than second placed Michael Jordan, no NBA title cause MJ)

15. Bob petit (defeated the Russels dynasty in 1958, average 29.2pt/game and 20.3 rebs/game, but could not win more rings faced the Russels dynasty and Wiltís team)

16. nate thurmond ( average 22 pt and 22 reb a season, feared and praised by legends including Bob Pettit, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Wilt Chamberlain. His nickname during his playing years was "Nate the Great").
17. jerry west (Heralded as one of the most legendary clutch shooters in the NBA's history, West averaged 29.1 points per game in 153 playoff games, including 40.6 in 11 playoff games in 1965, in 1969 he became the only losing player to win the NBA Finals MVP award. West had scored 25,192 points, averaged 27.0 points per game (the forth highest career average in NBA history), and made 7,160 free throws and 6,238 assists. During his career, West was named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team four times (the NBA All-Defensive Team did not exist until West's ninth season), to the All-NBA First Team 10 times )

and the above players are better than Tim duncan, yes, there arenít 20 players, but I think Lebron james, Kobe would be better than TIM DUNCAN, or sb can add some players are better than TD. and there are some great players may be compared to Duncan:
- pippen
- karl malone (has scored the second most points in NBA history, He scored 36,928 points (25.0 per game), second best all-time, on remarkable .516 shooting in the playoffs; 1992, 1996 gold medal).
- George mikan (inventor of shot block)
- patrick ewing;
- sam jones (Mr. clutch in the playoffs, with 10 titles)
- julius erving ,
- elvin hayes
- jerry lucas (1960 gold medal in olympic games, the greatest player in that time)

Second, T.D doesnít have a impressive stat. Okay, if stats means sh*ts, but David robinson built the spurs, and T.D. just benefitS so much of it. Since David rob. Was drafted, Spurs became a great team. And donít give me wrong, Duncan isnít a winner, if heís, so why the USA team had the WORST result in the olympic games in 2004!!! And the usa team was outplayed by GINOBLI, so tell me how can TD canít win other teams? Heís just lucky to have a good team, and he just canít be great without Pop and the spurs. Remember, when Duncan was out, Spurs still a good team, because, Pop built a solid team. And todayís spurs was better than Davidís spurs, when david rob. was out in 1996-1997, spurs went down to 20-62!!!!!!!!!

In 2003, David still had 17 rebs and 13 pts in his final game, and Ginobli was a surprise for the Lakers, he hit some clutch pts. So Duncanís 4 rings are not so much impressives. He will be on top 20, if he can win a gold medal in olympic games. But, Iím afraid that he couldnít play with other teams, cause, heís just great under Pop.
greatest:Wilt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Psileas
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Truth: TD isn't the top 20 O.A.T, and i'm not a TIM DUNCAN'S HATER.

Quote:
Second, T.D doesnít have a impressive stat. Okay, if stats means sh*ts, but David robinson built the spurs, and T.D. just benefitS so much of it. Since David rob. Was drafted, Spurs became a great team. And donít give me wrong, Duncan isnít a winner, if heís, so why the USA team had the WORST result in the olympic games in 2004!!! And the usa team was outplayed by GINOBLI, so tell me how can TD canít win other teams? Heís just lucky to have a good team, and he just canít be great without Pop and the spurs. Remember, when Duncan was out, Spurs still a good team, because, Pop built a solid team. And todayís spurs was better than Davidís spurs, when david rob. was out in 1996-1997, spurs went down to 20-62!!!!!!!!!

In 2003, David still had 17 rebs and 13 pts in his final game, and Ginobli was a surprise for the Lakers, he hit some clutch pts. So Duncanís 4 rings are not so much impressives. He will be on top 20, if he can win a gold medal in olympic games. But, Iím afraid that he couldnít play with other teams, cause, heís just great under Pop.

These cases are as generalized and flawed as saying that Duncan would have matched the other guys' stats if he took as many shots as them or if he didn't have all these players you mentioned on his team.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
John Starks
Local High School Star

I approve of this thread.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

some people believe that being in the top 20 oat includes winning accolades (rings, mvps, etc.). you clearly do not. difference of opinion.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
These cases are as generalized and flawed as saying that Duncan would have matched the other guys' stats if he took as many shots as them or if he didn't have all these players you mentioned on his team.

first , TD is not clutch player, and if he takes too much shots, he will be fired by POP, because, spurs is a TEAM just like Piston.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
some people believe that being in the top 20 oat includes winning accolades (rings, mvps, etc.). you clearly do not. difference of opinion.

ok, bro, just forget rings, so tell me why should TD be top 20??? the players above are just better than him. I'm curious why The USA team couldn't win in 2004 olympic games, and had a Worst result, outplayed by other teams???? and in 2000, they've won gold medal with KIDD and VC.
So why a great player like TD couldn't help the USA TEAM???
Old 01-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #7
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Damn since I made my thread a week ago this is what the 3rd copycat thread?
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Learning to shoot layups

just want to mention it: don't never never forget how great legends are!!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
Bulls08Champs
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Worst thread ever
Bulls08Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #10
John Starks
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatest:Wilt100
first , TD is not clutch player, and if he takes too much shots, he will be fired by POP, because, spurs is a TEAM just like Piston.

Can Pop fire people?

"TD,. you take too much shots - you fired"
"I've got a contract"
"doh!"
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #11
Psileas
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

1) That's your definition of a clutch player?
2) Same thing would happen if many legends played for the Spurs/Pistons and tried to take as many shots as they actually did.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

@ this thread
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
Bulls08Champs
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

This guy clearly has no idea what he's talking about
Bulls08Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #14
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
1) That's your definition of a clutch player?
2) Same thing would happen if many legends played for the Spurs/Pistons and tried to take as many shots as they actually did.

definition of clutch:
Legends: jerry west, jordan.

well, If those above legends played for the spurs, spurs could won the last 5 titles, from 2003-2007.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls08Champs
Worst thread ever
why??? so you don't find the 17 above players are better than TD??
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: