Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #46
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Default Re: Rambis was just on LA radio. Kobe was benched in the 4th for "disciplinary reaso

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
huh? i took jabs at kobes decision making. are you a ****ing retard?

People like him see Kobe homerism in every thread. Just as ignorant as the people they hate so much....
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #47
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Default Re: Rambis was just on LA radio. Kobe was benched in the 4th for "disciplinary reaso

I thought it was a good move by PJax to send that message to Kobe. I'm sure he has told Kobe, in games, in practices, etc to move the ball quickly. When Kobe tries to be the hero, the system brakes down and the Lakers become too easy to defend.

Hopefully, that drove it home.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #48
Diesel J
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Diesel J...you seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Enjoy talking to yourself

Haha..I only post facts man
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #49
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Serves Kobe right for being a ball hog. Why is there any argument here?
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #50
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

Default Re: Rambis was just on LA radio. Kobe was benched in the 4th for "disciplinary reasons"

No one noticed when Mike Breen mentioned that Phil was punishing Kobe and how it probably wasn't a good time for the lesson. I thought that was why all the laker fans were cursing Phil in the game thread. It was a pretty bonehead move. The power struggles between the two definitely hurt the team. When big egos collide...
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 AM   #51
hotsizzle
Superstar

I have no problem with Phil doing this because Kobe was taking some poor shots and needed to calm down a bit but considering that thats when the Cavs took the lead is what really bugs me.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:45 AM   #52
Force
National High School Star

didnt read this entire thread, but the paper today says that Phil noticed Kobe forcing things too much and said his "shot looked bad"...like he was tired..so he gave him rest so he could finish the game... kobe did look like crap in the 4th though
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #53
nba_on_nbc
Learning to shoot layups

Cavs taking the lead when Kobe was benched is kind of irrelevant. I'm sure Jackson anticipated that when he decided to bench Kobe.

It was Jackson's way of saying, "I won't let you play this kind of game and hurt the team. I don't care about losing this game or any game for that matter. "

Do I think Kobe will all of a sudden change his attitude because of this? No, definitely not. And I'm sure Phil knows it, too. But I think he also knows that he has to keep Kobe under control and show him who's the boss from time to time, even if it means losing a game or two.
nba_on_nbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 AM   #54
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: Rambis was just on LA radio. Kobe was benched in the 4th for "disciplinary reasons"

Well Phil, Kobe shared the ball like you wanted and look what happened... Walton doesn't even shoot... just throws the ball back to Kobe with no time left.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #55
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I watched the vid and LBJ scored 3 times on Kobe. Two nice drives and the last jumper to seal the deal. Not sure how many times Kobe scored on LBJ, but it was definately more than 3... and on one drive he blew by LBJ then posterized Gooden.

Anyway, Bron played better in the 4th and got the W, which is all that matters. Cavs seem to have the Lakers number.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:47 AM   #56
shadow
Laker fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
didnt read this entire thread, but the paper today says that Phil noticed Kobe forcing things too much and said his "shot looked bad"...like he was tired..so he gave him rest so he could finish the game... kobe did look like crap in the 4th though
Nope that is Phil's MO. He'll say the diplomatic thing in the media and let someone else leak the real/embarrassing reasons which in this case was rambis. Mind games. In any case I think almost every game vs Cavs Kobe seems to get caught up in the 1v1 match-up and we've lost 5 in a row. I don't think leaving Kobe in would have made a difference since he was playing bad anyway, so I'll side with PJ in terms of making a much needed point.
However phil was a retard for the line-up he put out for the final shot.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:32 AM   #57
BIGSHOT
Banned

Idiotic move.First if you are going to discipline hime then sit him out for the whole game. Not 1 minute, let the Cavs take the lead , and then put Kobe immediately in expecting him to save you. He just embarrased his star player on National TV and himself.What a joke.
BIGSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: