Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #16
yobore
Great college starter

Default Re: **** the *****ass jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
This Utah racism thing is getting old. Just because the Jazz don't draft or trade for tattooed thugs from the projects.
lol funny you say that cuz Deron and Boozer one of the most tatted duos in the league
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #17
SomeBunghole
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
lol funny you say that cuz Deron and Boozer are the most tatted duo in the league

Yet they're couple of the most clean cut players in the league otherwise. A neither of them try to "keep it real."
SomeBunghole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #18
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmr210x
utahs racism is so obvious. team and city

Really? Have you lived here? Do you know what you're talking about or are you just talking out of your stereotypical ass?
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:51 PM   #19
Bruinlove
Banned

I've lived in SLC for a year in rehab, but we went out in the city alot. Some samoan dudes I met were alright, but alot of the white mormans, like, they're cool dudes, good people and everything, just they'd say alot of racist things, I think without realizing it though. It's not like they're hateful people, just ignorant. What I thought was funniest was how all of them are afraid of going to Ogden because it's supposedly the "ghetto" it's nicer than nearly all of LA
Bruinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #20
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Bruin, everywhere you go you'll find ignorance and exceptions to the rule.

SLC is less than half Mormon BTW, has an extreme liberal mayor (Rocky Anderson), and is the brunt of a lot of unfair (but funny) jokes.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #21
Bruinlove
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
Bruin, everywhere you go you'll find ignorance and exceptions to the rule.

SLC is less than half Mormon BTW, has an extreme liberal mayor (Rocky Anderson), and is the brunt of a lot of unfair (but funny) jokes.
Yeh, that's true. But did you hear some of the stuff they were saying to Baron and Steven Jackson in the 2nd round? It's not every city you go you'll hear that **** in an NBA arena and the other fans don't call the prick fans out but instead support it. I think in Salt Lake they're an accepting people, alot of them just don't know any better and give in to bigoted stereotypes
Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
SomeBunghole
Banned

See, I've been to SLC, and I've lived in Oregon, and I've traveled around the US, and what I don't get is how people could possibly think Utah is more racist than other places.

I mean, the black population of SLC, and we're talking about 4-5 thousand people, live all over the city. In Atlanta, or Philly, or LA, there's still effective segregation. There's white parts and there's black parts of the city. And the racism just goes on after that. No one is ever going to burn a cross on your lawn in Orem or Provo. On the other hand, places like Charlotte, Atlanta, New Orleans are chock full of seriously biggotted rednecks. Most racism I've encountered in Utah was not of the hate variety, but pity variety. Keep in mind that the LSD Church until the 70s told their members that black people were marked by God and unworthy of priesthood.

Either way, all these NBA players complain about Utah and the possibility of living and playing there, but I have yet to see a single player who's played for Utah say anything bad about SLC or the state as a whole. Quite the opposite, most praise it.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #23
SomeBunghole
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Yeh, that's true. But did you hear some of the stuff they were saying to Baron and Steven Jackson in the 2nd round? It's not every city you go you'll hear that **** in an NBA arena

Newsflash, it is every city. Despite the NBA demographic, most fans are still white. I've been to many arenas around the country, and you hear that sort of stuff just about everywhere.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #24
xmr210x
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: I'm upset at the officiating in the Jazz/Spurs game

i appreciate the title change:)
xmr210x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #25
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinlove
Yeh, that's true. But did you hear some of the stuff they were saying to Baron and Steven Jackson in the 2nd round? It's not every city you go you'll hear that **** in an NBA arena and the other fans don't call the prick fans out but instead support it. I think in Salt Lake they're an accepting people, alot of them just don't know any better and give in to bigoted stereotypes

Maybe. But Utah/Mormons get looked at under a microscope, that is for sure. What about Larry Birds comments? Things like that get coverage, but they don't get turned into a stereotype, I guess cause there isn't anthing particular to link it to other than skin color. Hook that up with a religion, political party, or anything else that defines a region, and you can start to generalize.
Baron/Stephen Jackson have done their own. I like their basketball, a lot. My roommate and I always watch the GS games to see Davis. But they did some crazy crap on the court-taking out fisher (his old teammate). Nothing justifies racial slurs, but I really don't know what happened. I am sure it isn't exclusive to Utah.

Anyway, it is mostly sad that after a Utah win, everyone goes crazy on the fans/refs/anything other than gameplay.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:12 AM   #26
xmr210x
Saw a basketball once

they are a dirty team. everybody says the spurs are irty floppers blah blah. yeah ginobili flops and thats about it. Utahs entire team flops and plays dirty
Old 01-29-2008, 12:31 AM   #27
TheHonestTruth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBunghole
This Utah racism thing is getting old. Just because the Jazz don't draft or trade for tattooed thugs from the projects.

Word. People who say Utah is racist are racists themselves.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #28
NBABaller
Banned

Pathetic fools blaming the refs for their lousy play..

How about committing 20 turnovers 7 of them by robot Duncan?!

Typical spur fan excuses.
NBABaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #29
xmr210x
Saw a basketball once

i never once said anything about the refs.
the only questionable call was the tech on Ime at that point in the game
Old 01-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #30
Bruinlove
Banned

I'm a huge Jazz fan, I'm just trying to let it be known that in my opinion the whole Utah is racist thing isn't 100% baseless nonsense
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: