Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: can Biyombo still grow?

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    I really don't understand this kids hype. I would take Tristan Thompson, who isn't even an NBA level starter IMO, over this kid.
    Can't believe Cavs picked this guy

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    Can't believe Cavs picked this guy

Yeah, so you go SF/PF and PG. I'd think you'd be better off with Derrick Williams and Brandon Knight than Thompson/Irving. To me the gap is bigger between Williams and Thompson than it is between Irving and Knight. I could certainly be wrong, but even among the general consensus that seemed to be the case.

If they wanted to PG and a big, like Vessley, then Irving at one makes more sense.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    he's only 18...he's 6'9 now, maybe he can top out at a few more inches? anyone know of any players coming out of high school that grew while on an nba roster?
    I am sure Durant grew two inches since he was 19. I have a friend that grew 3 inches after 19 years of age and it seemingly had to do with stretching and nutrition. If his growth plates are still open it doesn't necessarily mean he will still grow in height, but it does mean the potential is still there.

As Blacknapalm wrote his timing is what separates him from others or makes him like prime Ben Wallace. Biyambo also jumps very quickly which will help offensively. In the NBA very few centers have an offensive game so if you can get one that is defensively above the others you are still ahead of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Biyombo has never played a single game in the Euroleague genius.
    you'll have to excuse us, it's pretty difficult to differentiate between the dozens of low quality leagues in europe that can only be described as a glorified NBA developmental league