Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: Orange County Register - Lakers' Odom tries on role as aggressor

Source: Lakers' Odom tries on role as aggressor

Quote:

EL SEGUNDO - Lamar Odom started the season with a star shaved into the back of his head, a supposed hint at his intention to become an All-Star for the first time.

He now sports a cut that required four stitches to close Friday, the result of an elbow from the Dallas Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki.

The latter marks a willingness to be an aggressor who can occasionally carry a team as the No. 3 option in the Lakers' new dynamic, which Coach
Phil Jackson thinks can be stretched even further.

“We think there's a lot more than he can flesh out as he becomes more and more comfortable finding his spot, finding his territory in which to do things,” Jackson said Saturday.

That assessment might raise eyebrows to those who thought Odom couldn't have done much more after a season-high 31-point outburst against Dallas.

But this season has been an evolution for Odom, who benefited from the emergence of Andrew Bynum earlier this season and has thrived with Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant receiving most of the defensive attention from opponents.

Odom has averaged 16.1 points on an eye-popping 58.8 percent shooting, along with 12.0 rebounds and 1.6 blocks since the All-Star break.

If Friday was his statement game of the regular season, the inevitable question was posed to him Saturday:

Why can't he be that aggressive more often?

“Maybe I need to get hit in the head more,” Odom said.

Odom then pointed to others who have implored him to exploit his skill set as a 6-foot-10 player with guard capability.

“I guess they beat it into me,” he said. “Just take the ball to the basket as much as possible. That was my focus.”

In addition to his aggressiveness, the left-handed Odom unleashed two right-handed layups against Dallas, including a pretty-ball fake that evoked Magic Johnson.

“I'm trying to water it every day,” Odom said of his right hand. “I'm trying to help that plant grow.”

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:42 AM   #2
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default Re: Article: Orange County Register - Lakers' Odom tries on role as aggressor

I was lovin' his game last night.. I was also shocked at the fact that Kobe, Odom, and Pau all had 20 + pts.... wow
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation
Default Re: Article: Orange County Register - Lakers' Odom tries on role as aggressor

Dude Odom has great f*cking quotes/one-liners.

“I'm trying to water it every day,” Odom said of his right hand. “I'm trying to help that plant grow.”

and

“Maybe I need to get hit in the head more,”

Does he have staff writers? I love it when he does on-air interviews too, because although it appears that he's pretty uncomfortable he really doesn't give 2 sh*ts about it. He says whatever comes to mind. Have not always been happy with his sub-par play, but love his personality.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #4
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love L.O. as a person, he is a class act...

But as a player he has dissapointed much...

Yet at this present time I am so happy that he is elevating his game. Regardless of what we have felt "Before".. now is the time that it will count for something... now that the team holds the true talents of Pau and Bryant... and then when including L.O. its not even funny how much richness in talent they hold..

If L.O. can be smart and find his way... this team will be fine....

Because Bryant will always find his way.. and Pau is infinately better than Kwame.. and then you add the versitality of L.O. ... oh forget about it..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As long as we are garunteed to keep Bynum, Kobe, and Pau for the next 5 years....I wont Mind having Odom here until he retires.

with the roster we have, if we were healthy, is the type of roster that teams would be afraid of. Aside from the obvious core we have of Kobe, Pau, and Drew....Odom is the x factor guy that would probably surprise people if we were to make it to the finals and win it all.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:04 AM   #6
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

His role of an aggressor was solid today. He drove to the basket and was hustling on the boards
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:38 AM   #7
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
His role of an aggressor was solid today. He drove to the basket and was hustling on the boards

I love it how ppl are giving lamar his props.
boy is tearin it up...
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #8
~LA's finest~
I hit open 5-footers

~LA's finest~ has an OK reputation so far

I don't know, I'm starting to believe overall Odom is more important then Gasol. If he continues to play with such swagger, he can defend, rebound, pass, and score...Gasol can't do all those things as well as Odom.

We better re-sign him, he'll be even more of an impact at the 3.
~LA's finest~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #9
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

The man has been filling out the stat sheets as of late! We gotta remember the man has been injured the last 2 years, had the death of his son hanging on him, we may just be starting to see the real Lamar now. If this is any indication of how he will continue to play, we should all be happy as Laker fans for our franchises future
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's been very good as of late. It is awesomw to finally see him put it all together. He is exceling at his role as 3rd option and doing the things we have wanted him to do this whole time. Rebounding, postings, driving in the lane...doing all these with excellence. With LO playing the way he is, we will be a very dificult team to handle in the playoffs
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:05 PM   #11
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

I was a Lamar fan. Then through the first part of this season and parts of last i was sat there thinking why is this versaltile 6-10 point forward only scoring 4 points? i was on the bandwaggon to rid him of laker land, definatly for the shawn marion trade. however i would issue an appology if i was to meet him tomorrow cos since the all-star trade DAMN!!! this guy has been doing his stuff up there with the best of them. 2 20-20 games in a row, 31 against dirk, plus all the 18ish-15 games hes been having in between. Now having been able to watch far more laker games than ever before i can really understand what this guy brings to the court. Im thinking boards, blocks assists all the little things. with odom as an aggressor along with kobe, pau, bynum i'd ask anyone to give me a team who could stop those 4
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: