Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: Nets, Lakers, Rockets 3 way trade going down...

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Sasha V and a 1st rounder is a lot to give up for Joe Smith!
    I agree. Sasha aint fantastic but Joe Smith isnt really going to be a contributor for the Lakers at all.

Sasha's still a good lockerroom, practice player, and his FT shooting and defense (at times) can still be valuable to this Laker team. Guess the acquisition of Blake and emergence of Shannon Brown made him expendable.

High School Starter

Nets also sending 2 future 2nd record picks. I think Nets got a steal out of this

I think it works for everyone

Decent college freshman

smart deal if true. Lakers needed to dump Sasha's salary, as he has no use behind Brown and Barnes off the bench. Joe Smith gives them a little more vet depth up front if worse comes to worse and Bynum and/or Ratliff are hurt. They don't want the 1st rounder anyways most likely, as it's guaranteed salary and they ahve their roster pretty covered.

Houston, smart as always, uses it's available assets to add a very talented, albeit troubled young player. TWill could help Brooks a ton by running th epoint at times.

NJ dumps a guy that wasn't buying in to the program on a young team trying to establish itself. They get Sasha, who may even play a little for them and 2 first rounders. Not bad. Smith was out of the rotation with Humpries and Favors playing well and Murphy around.

Serious playground baller Arroyo8's Avatar

whats the guard rotation in houston now?

aaron brooks
    kmart
    lee
    twill
    ?who am i forgetting?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo8

aaron brooks
    kmart
    lee
    twill
    ?who am i forgetting?
    Lowry with a little Budinger in there. Taylor to Sactown

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo8

aaron brooks
    kmart
    lee
    twill
    ?who am i forgetting?
    Forgot our best point guard Kyle Lowry and third string Ish Smith

Default Re: Nets trade Terrence Williams to Rockets; Nets get Sasha Vujacic, Lakers get Joe Smith

Trade became official today (Wednesday)

The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Joe Smith from the New Jersey Nets in a three-team trade, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. New Jersey will also send the Lakers Golden State

Default Re: Nets trade Terrence Williams to Rockets; Nets get Sasha Vujacic, Lakers get Joe Smith

Sasha is gone, so does Sharapova...

More info from NJ's end:

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/12/15/...trade#comments

--The Rockets first round pick in 2012 is lottery protected 1-14 until 2016 and then it rolls into a second round pick in 2017.

--The Lakers pick in 2011 is protected 1-18 until 2016 and than rolls into an unprotected pick in 2017

--The Nets are now over the salary cap by $45,000 which permits the team to use the 25% "cushion" in trades. The Nets can now trade for a player whose contract is 25% more than the contract(s) being sent out. The Nets can also sign players to MLE and LLE contracts to facilitate trades.

--The Nets have renounced their Bird Rights to Jarvis Hayes.

Learning to shoot layups Thumdar's Avatar

I just don't get the Lakers wanting Joe Smith, but who am I to second guess Phil & company? Glad to see Vuvu gone ~ he was a friggin' on-court liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumdar
    I just don't get the Lakers wanting Joe Smith, but who am I to second guess Phil & company? Glad to see Vuvu gone ~ he was a friggin' on-court liability.
    Lakers save money and they gain a trade exception worth about 5 million. This gives the Lakers a chance to sign a FA is one happens to come on the market and if not, they save about 10 million. They also get 2 second rounds and rights to a player overseas. So it's really more than just getting Joe Smith.

Sasha was never getting PT and was rotting away on the bench. They pick up a very elder veteran but he is a good locker room guy and I think he can help in very limited minutes if needed.

Lakers made a solid decision for the team personnel and financial state.

Heat fan since 2010

Lakers basically just throw all their trash to New Jersey.

Learning to shoot layups Thumdar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Lakers save money and they gain a trade exception worth about 5 million. This gives the Lakers a chance to sign a FA is one happens to come on the market and if not, they save about 10 million. They also get 2 second rounds and rights to a player overseas. So it's really more than just getting Joe Smith.

Sasha was never getting PT and was rotting away on the bench. They pick up a very elder veteran but he is a good locker room guy and I think he can help in very limited minutes if needed.

Lakers made a solid decision for the team personnel and financial state.
    Thanks for the informed reply. Good to know.

I've been watching the Lakers religiously since 1999 and have always been impressed with their management. They're in it to win it every year and that's impressive. There was a season or two when Sasha seemed to be a real contributor but that was ages ago. I was shocked to seem him make the roster the last two years. I hope he gets some playing time and that we never have to watch him cry again.

Default Re: Nets trade Terrence Williams to Rockets; Nets get Sasha Vujacic, Lakers get Joe S

We won in this trade.
    Wait, Kobe does his kinda pre-game ritual with Vujacic right? Sasha punches Kobe in the torso right? Who do it now to Kobe?
    Last edited by d.bball.guy; 12-16-2010 at 04:39 AM.