Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Harrison Barnes is coming back for sophomore season

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I like all of your points except Harrison's draft stock taking a major hit due to not getting enough minutes, leading to his numbers taking a hit. If Harrison plays at an All-American level all season long and UNC wins a national championship or makes a Final Four run, then he'll still be a top 5 pick in the 2012 draft.
    I don't know man, I remember Rashad McCants after his sophmore year was projected to go top 5 as he was averaging 20 points a game, he then came back to school and was on a STACKED UNC team, that won the title, you definitely recall so stacked Marvin Williams wasn't a starter, he was behind Jawwad Williams and Jackie Manuel. McCants minutes and ppg dropped, I believe he went to 15 ppg. He then was picked mid first round, and that was still considered a reach by many by the T-Wolves. This may not be the best example but it is my fear because I saw it happen to Rashad. At the same time Marvin didn't start for the Heels but went top 3... so you prolly are right.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    I don't know man, I remember Rashad McCants after his sophmore year was projected to go top 5 as he was averaging 20 points a game, he then came back to school and was on a STACKED UNC team, that won the title, you definitely recall so stacked Marvin Williams wasn't a starter, he was behind Jawwad Williams and Jackie Manuel. McCants minutes and ppg dropped, I believe he went to 15 ppg. He then was picked mid first round, and that was still considered a reach by many by the T-Wolves. This may not be the best example but it is my fear because I saw it happen to Rashad. At the same time Marvin didn't start for the Heels but went top 3... so you prolly are right.
    Barnes projects MUCH better on the next level than McCants ever did. I loved Rashad but he was a 6'4" SG who didn't show much interest in defense. Not to mention he was a bit of a head-case. I'm telling you, unless Barnes drops down to only 10-12 ppg on like 42% shooting, he'll still be a top 5-10 pick next year. Barnes is a 6'8" SF who can also slide over and play off-guard. He's got a smooth stroke from deep, nice mid-range pull-up jumper, and even a decent back to the basket game if he has a mismatch.

Marvin came out too early. However, you can't blame him. He cashed in on an excellent freshman season on a national championship winning team. But, like I said, Harrison's game projects much better on the next level than Rashad's game ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Barnes projects MUCH better on the next level than McCants ever did. I loved Rashad but he was a 6'4" SG who didn't show much interest in defense. Not to mention he was a bit of a head-case. I'm telling you, unless Barnes drops down to only 10-12 ppg on like 42% shooting, he'll still be a top 5-10 pick next year. Barnes is a 6'8" SF who can also slide over and play off-guard. He's got a smooth stroke from deep, nice mid-range pull-up jumper, and even a decent back to the basket game if he has a mismatch.

Marvin came out too early. However, you can't blame him. He cashed in on an excellent freshman season on a national championship winning team. But, like I said, Harrison's game projects much better on the next level than Rashad's game ever did.
    I think your right I think your right. Overreaction on my part, hopefully Harrison stays healthy now.