Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: **The finals** La Lakers V Boston Celtics What if?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Boston is not playing in this years finals, they get beaten by magic if they reach ECF, anyways and to do that i give them only 50% at max.

Just like how most of the members here predict that the cavs will sweep the Cs?

Lakers/Celtics would be great for L.A to get revenge and to have HCA and to maybe being able to win it at staples.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Celtics have the same lineup since 2008 finals.
    Lakers have a completely different lineup since 2008 finals.

Gonna be kinda... easy?

nope they do not have the same lineup.

First of all, everyone is older and the Big 3 are two years more in decline.

Moreover, where is James Posey to shut down Kobe?

Plus Bynum and Shannon Brown to the rescue!

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Lakers are a much different team this year from the 08 finals team.

They were a finesse offense orientated team. Now they are more of a physical defensive team. Gasol is a much better player now then he was in 08. He isn't going to get bullied like he did last time by Garnett and Perkins and Powe. Paul Pierce will be guarded Ron Artest instead of Vlad Radmonavich and Luke Walton.

But none of that even matters because the Lakers would have beat the celtics in 08 if Bynum was on the court.

Lakers are a better team this year, and the Celtics have regressed. They have an older big three, but rondo has improved. Powe is no longer coming off the bench, just Big baby, who the Lakers length will bother. Who knows what Rasheed will show up. Half the time he is hurting his team just by being out there. Posey is no longer there to guard Kobe either. Honestly I don't think the Celtics have enough offense to keep up with the Lakers. I think it would go 5 or 6 games. The only team that can beat the Lakers this year is the Magic. Magic are looking like the best team in the EC right now, so I think we are in for a great finals any way, either Lebron vs Kobe, Classic Lakers vs Celtics, or rematch of last year title with the Magic, who imo have the best chance at stopping the Lakers from repeating. Unless the suns win in some insane evil alternate reality that I do not wish to think about.
    Last edited by TheGreatDeraj; 05-12-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Saw a basketball once

If the celtics beat the cavs, their toughest matchup would be against the Magic not the lakers. If the celtics make the finals, they win easy. Probably 6 games since LA will have home court to start. And the only reasonb 6 games would be because i am sure the refs will get involved, and keep LA in the series.

the lakers will wilt like always. The formula is easy, just bang Pau and Kobe a little, and they start crying, Pau will start flopping to try and get calls, and the rest of the team will fold as they take their lead from them.

C's have no problem defending the Lakers length, as they are a long team themselves, they know how to D up Kobe, and the lakers do not have the defensive chops to stop Rondo or the vets. The lakers are a great matchup for the C's, the Suns present actual a greater matchup threat.

If the celtics beat the cavs, their toughest matchup would be against the Magic not the lakers.
    Correct.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore KB24's Avatar

Lakers in 5. Last time the lakers were a "soft" finesse team. You cant really call the lakers soft anymore after this and last season. Plus as great as the lakers were up till the finals that year, they were a pretty new team just started playing well together. Although the bench was much stronger that season, they were considered young. this current team probably wants it more.

Quote Originally Posted by nyccelticsfans
    If the celtics beat the cavs, their toughest matchup would be against the Magic not the lakers. If the celtics make the finals, they win easy. Probably 6 games since LA will have home court to start. And the only reasonb 6 games would be because i am sure the refs will get involved, and keep LA in the series.

the lakers will wilt like always. The formula is easy, just bang Pau and Kobe a little, and they start crying, Pau will start flopping to try and get calls, and the rest of the team will fold as they take their lead from them.

C's have no problem defending the Lakers length, as they are a long team themselves, they know how to D up Kobe, and the lakers do not have the defensive chops to stop Rondo or the vets. The lakers are a great matchup for the C's, the Suns present actual a greater matchup threat.
    Looks like somebody is living in the past, the Celtics will have ALOT of problems defending L.A's length. They simply don't have the defenders or quickness to bother L.A offensively. Artest will also be able to contain Pierce like Lebron has done.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Looks like somebody is living in the past, the Celtics will have ALOT of problems defending L.A's length. They simply don't have the defenders or quickness to bother L.A offensively. Artest will also be able to contain Pierce like Lebron has done.
    Rondo will tear up Fisher, it will be a huge disadvantage for the Lakers to have Kobe chasing Ray around on D, I don't really expect Perk to have anymore trouble with Bynum than he has had with Howard and Shaq in the past and KG is still a very good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Garnett_5
    Rondo will tear up Fisher, it will be a huge disadvantage for the Lakers to have Kobe chasing Ray around on D, I don't really expect Perk to have anymore trouble with Bynum than he has had with Howard and Shaq in the past and KG is still a very good defender.
    Just like Kobe will tear up whoever guards him, there is no James Posey anymore to help on him. Gasol will also have his way with KG.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Just like Kobe will tear up whoever guards him, there is no James Posey anymore to help on him. Gasol will also have his way with KG.

Paul Pierce does a decent job on Kobe Bryant. And I doubt Gasol can have his way against KG.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Paul Pierce does a decent job on Kobe Bryant. And I doubt Gasol can have his way against KG.
    KG is still a good defender but is simply overmatched against Gasol. back i 08 it was a comparable match-up.

College star

underrating of the celtics continue, they are healthy and playing with motivation again, they will beat the lakers.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Right now the Lakers are better at both ends of the floor. I'm expecting a sweep whether we go up against Boston or Orlando.

I hope we get Boston so we can get sweet revenge. The beatdown will be great. Kobe is so mad.

Good college starter Kevin_Garnett_5's Avatar

Just like Lebron was supposed to light us up for 50 every game of this series. With the Celtics it's not about 1 on 1 defense, it's the team defense that was the reason they won in 08 and is the reason we blew out Game 5.