Thread: pinball?

Banned

Default pinball?

anyone here play much pinball? If so what are your favourite tables?

   

Default Re: pinball?

i guess i wasn't around when this was posted. pinball used to be one of my biggest hobbies.

a few years back when i was living in a house, me and a buddy went to TNT (just above philly) and bought three broken electromechanicals. i was able to get 2/3 of them working, mainly by fixing contacts on the relays. a job requiring patience, tunes and beer.

i found it pretty amazing that fairly complex logic and 'programs' could run on what were essentially spools of wire with leaf switches sticking out. (pic)

the prettiest, most interesting machine was definitely atlantis, made by gottlieb in 1975. the criss-cross gate system on the right was pretty unique and ahead of its time IMO.

   

oh... i see the problem.

this needs to either be moved to the OCL or just restarted there.

not sure who the mods are for that, though.

Damn that Atlantis table is nice. Always wanted a pinball machine. Love playing it.

Banned

Don't think I've played atlantis. My favourite EMs are probably abra cadabra and jacks open (I played this the most growing up as a family friend had one).

At the moment I've got a ripley's believe it or not, space jam, comet and whirlwind. I'm looking at moving the comet to my dad's place so I can find room to add something else though.

It is pretty crazy how much is going on with a pinball machine that most people never realise. Most people who come to my place have never actually seen inside a pin, I'm not sure what they expect them to look like but they always seem so surprised by how much wiring and how many different things are going on. Crazy how much depth most modern rulesets have that a lot of players never actually understand or realise exist.