Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 11-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Maybe Avery Johnson should just use last year's starters

and keep it that way.

Thoughts?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Maybe Avery Johnson should just use last year's starters

well, it worked pretty good with Terry coming from the bench the first games. I would give it at least i try again.
Maybe not every game, but in certain games it may work again.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation
Default Re: Maybe Avery Johnson should just use last year's starters

To be honest so far this year Avery has baffled me with some of his moves. I know his big thing is to watch minutes and keep players fresh for later in the season. But some of the combinations he's put out there make no sense. And he seems to be using small ball way too much.

Right now he says Terry is starting while Jones and George are getting healthy. Will he get Jet back on the bench when that happens? I hope so. For all of his offensive prowess, Jet is a terrible defender. He has trouble guarding pg's, much less trying to cover a sg when he's in with Devin. I thought Hassell was starting to come around before Jet got the start last game. And wonder why Trenton got a DNP. Except for the 4th quarter against the Bucks, he's been shooting like crap for 5 games. That may tell more of the story than who's starting. He and Stack have been off and when you don't get that bench scoring you are counting on, it makes you think about juggling the lineup. They won they last game, but it was more that they played the Wolves than juggling the starting lineup. They let a 20 point lead get whittled down. Jet was under 50% and really missed some shots he should make. Stack stunk again. And Josh joined them with a bad shooting night.

Even though Jet isn't starting, he's getting starters minutes. And they should have enough offense with Dirk, Josh and Devin in the starting lineup. I prefer to see Jet in the 6th man role. That way he can just score and doesn't have to run the offense.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: