Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
spin57
I brick open layups

spin57 has an OK reputation so far
Default they dont need a dominant scoring big

They just need someone that can get a few buckets here and there,like Luke did,in the M.J. years there was never a dominant scorind big they had good spot up shooters and high energy guys down low,Cartright was old when he got to the Bulls he was not a dominant scorer any more,he would get a few touches early,but his main purpuse was to be a presence on D just sign a low post free agent who can get a few points of the bench,and keep everybody they will be in the finals
spin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: they dont need a dominant scoring big

I pretty much agree with you. I would love a pau gasol for Noc, Du, Noah and a filler, but with the current roster we have, i don't see how we can't make it to the finals if we play to our highest capabililties next year. Barring injuries, the bulls are set to go to the finals reguardless of what moves Pax makes.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

I agree with you guys I really like this team. A big that can score in the low post would help us a lot but this team can still get it done.
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

bullzballboy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I pretty much agree with you. I would love a pau gasol for Noc, Du, Noah and a filler, but with the current roster we have, i don't see how we can't make it to the finals if we play to our highest capabililties next year. Barring injuries, the bulls are set to go to the finals reguardless of what moves Pax makes.

you are a very dumb man. the whole goal is to win championships stupid. we can't do that with the current roster unless the other top teams miss the bus or get food poisoning the night before the game. paxson has to make a bold move and get a big man. why don't you go off and threaten some people now?
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #5
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Bullzaboy make sure your here at the end of next season, or 2 years from now when we are champs. Why is BULLZ in your name? Lakers fan.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #6
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

And clippers and pistons fans since your in the forums so much.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
spin57
I brick open layups

Ballboy is definitely not a Bulls fan!!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #8
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

mihm(pre-injury) will do. Also darko. Both of them have good hands so they can catch drop passes from the guards and they have some post game enough to give you atleast 10pts a game and keep the defense honest. they are also pretty good shot blockers. Maybe darko will accept a mle for 2-3yrs since he's running out of options now
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: they dont need a dominant scoring big

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin57
They just need someone that can get a few buckets here and there,like Luke did,in the M.J. years there was never a dominant scorind big they had good spot up shooters and high energy guys down low,Cartright was old when he got to the Bulls he was not a dominant scorer any more,he would get a few touches early,but his main purpuse was to be a presence on D just sign a low post free agent who can get a few points of the bench,and keep everybody they will be in the finals

They didn't need a dominant big man back then because they had MJ. We definitely don't have anyone that fits that billing on the team now. That's why we need a big man that can command the double team and score 20 points/game.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Mihm is a fairly good player but if we wanted him we could have kept his draft rights instead of trading him for Crawford. A dominant big isn't needed just someone to score 12-15 points and grab 7-10 boards a game. Tyrus Thomas might be ready to offer something like that this season but probably not.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #11
spin57
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
They didn't need a dominant big man back then because they had MJ. We definitely don't have anyone that fits that billing on the team now. That's why we need a big man that can command the double team and score 20 points/game.
They didn`t need a dominant big because they were a gaurd oreinted team that relied on getting easy bucks off there D. M.J. was just a special player who hit all the big shots,and the greatest G. of all time,but they were still a team built on D.and the make-up of the team was not built for a Big who got 20 shots a game,just like the bulls now they arent built for a slow down throw it to the post kind of team,if u want the bulls to get a great big that scores 22-28 points a game then u have to change the whole make-up of the team and get more 3 point shooting and better ball handling were a up and down team that hangs our hat on team d., easy bucks ,screen and roll,and drive and kick.They have Noc. and Kirt that are good spot up shooters from 3 thats it all the other G. are slashers even little Ben, he`s a shoot of the dribble kind of guy that once he`s on can spot up but only then.U get a big that can score a little here and there it will open things enought and u will see ben and Deng have alot easer time scoring they are going to be the main source of scoring they just need alittle help in the post!!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #12
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by spin57
They just need someone that can get a few buckets here and there,like Luke did,in the M.J. years

Ya that works ... when you have MJ
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:44 AM   #13
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Bullzaboy make sure your here at the end of next season, or 2 years from now when we are champs. Why is BULLZ in your name? Lakers fan.

and i'm still hoping TT can become our shawn kemp in the near future
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: