Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-23-2007, 02:31 PM   #16
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: HMMM....Maybe The Genius Dolan Acted Too Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Who remembers this thread?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...343#post664343

Still agree?

Me and you still agree.

Curry can leave with Isiah. If Isiah leaves...Curry isnt going anywhere. He has a contract. He will stay in NY. If he stops playing b/c hes mad Isiah gets fired, he'll get fat just sitting there.

Isiah was a great player, but when it comes to GM and arguably coaching, he just sucks. Nobody will give him a job once hes gone from here. I cant believe I'd rather have Scott Layden.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i dont think he acted quickly. the main reason they have been losin is because offensively they have been struggling. isiah deserved this extension. the team is on a losing streak now people want to dis him now. the guy took a team who had one of the worst seasons in nba history to a team who is battling for a playoff spot.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:42 PM   #18
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
Nobody will give him a job once hes gone from here. I cant believe I'd rather have Scott Layden.

NO! don't say that name...

Isiah Thomas needs to step back from coaching and hire a coach like JVG. I think that even Rick Adelman would be good for this team. What we need is a coach with experience who doesn't make stupid mistakes. Sadly Isiah is the opposite type of coach.

I'll be perfectly honest, right around the time that Isiah got resigned we were on an upswing and I was in a good mood and decided that it was a good move. I've changed my mind.

I also agree with someone up there that we should give Patrick Ewing a coaching job (probably assistant coach to start). The only problem being is that Ewing had a warrior mentality as a player and so did Isiah so I have no idea how that would work out...we'd have to hope that Isiah was a fluke
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #19
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
Me and you still agree.

True that man. We weren't fooled for a second.

Curry is extremely overrated. He can get out of NYC tomorrow for all I care. Tonite was pitiful at best.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #20
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
True that man. We weren't fooled for a second.

Curry is extremely overrated. He can get out of NYC tomorrow for all I care. Tonite was pitiful at best.

how can u call curry overrated. the only way u can stop curry is by double and triple teamin him. the cavs played him man to man and he had 27. players who get that much attention on the court arent overrated.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #21
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
how can u call curry overrated. the only way u can stop curry is by double and triple teamin him. the cavs played him man to man and he had 27. players who get that much attention on the court arent overrated.

He is absolutely overrated. If you don't play good man defense then you better be a good weak-side defender. Curry is neither. He can't block shots, only pulls down the easiest of rebounds and is a one trick pony on offense. Nate Robinson scored 31 points and he's 2 feet shorter and 100 pounds lighter than Curry. So of course Curry should get 27 points. The only way I'm ok with him being on this team is if he consistently scores 27 points a night. He's a liability everywhere on the court except 2 feet away from the basket with the ball in his hands.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:11 PM   #22
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

He couldn't handle Magloire. They should have won that game. He only gets stopped by being double teamed, right? If he was as good as people say he is then he'd dominate the double team like Shaq or Yao. He wouldn't turn the ball over so much. I wouldn't run plays through him after seeing him blunder the ball so many times against Portland. Overrated. And if he wants to leave, DUECES!!!! I won't miss him at all. A lot on this board won't either.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #23
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We don't have anyone to make the opposing team pay when they double Curry. Right now the team spacing is so bad on the floor Curry gets caught holding the ball. He may be an bad passer/average rebounder but I may be one of the few that thinks he will get better. he used to couldn't stay on the floor. This is his figurative "rookie" season.

But back to the thread.....

When Zeke first got here he projected a five year plan. Time is up. The team we want to see will be next year. I didn't think Dolan should have gave him a multi-year deal though. he should have recieved a yearly one year deal to keep things honest. Zeke knows his team is severely flawed. If they get 35 wins this season, that's where most of us put them at anyway, it would be successful considering what we have.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #24
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

True Knickscity, it's just dissapointing because we know what the Knicks are capable of and 35 wins isn't it
Old 03-24-2007, 07:22 AM   #25
TheOakman
I hit open layups

TheOakman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
When Zeke first got here he projected a five year plan. Time is up. The team we want to see will be next year. I didn't think Dolan should have gave him a multi-year deal though. he should have recieved a yearly one year deal to keep things honest. Zeke knows his team is severely flawed. If they get 35 wins this season, that's where most of us put them at anyway, it would be successful considering what we have.

Knickscity you are dead on. The Knicks will win about 35-36 games this season and that is about where most people put the team this year. So it's not like he has really overachieved.

Zeke has been here for quite some time now, and he has rebuilt and torn down the whole team more than once already and we are still a mediocre team at best. It was time to move on. But giving him a 4 year extension in the middle of the season for both jobs was ridiculous. What if the Knicks really collapse and win 3 more games, would a 33 win season really be "significant progress".

BTW do you remember when Thomas said he would never have gotten rid of Keith Van Horn, without getting Nazr Mohammed, because Mohammed is going to be the centerpiece of the Knicks for years to come. Yeah Thomas had his chance to rebuild.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 AM   #26
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOakman
What if the Knicks really collapse and win 3 more games, would a 33 win season really be "significant progress"
The collapse already happened, the question is how ugly is gonna be.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:43 AM   #27
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I think the team has improved in certain places and regressed in others.

Marbury has bought into the correct way to play the PG position and Curry has blossomed into a true Prima Donna center but without the complete set of skills.

Great!!!!!!

Frye has gone from a good looking PF who everybody wanted to a soft 6''11" shooting guard who's afraid to make a mistake.

So we won a few more games. This is a better team than the one Larry Brown had.

I think the injuries really hurt us.

But those injuries showed the reality of our deficiencies.

Let's face it Dolan is a moron. What do people that are morons do? Things that are moronic, like signing Isiah to a new contract before the end of the season when it wasn't necessary to do so.

Isiah should have been let go, we should have hired Patrick Ewing for our head coach next year and a real GM who knows what he's doing. I do not know enough about the inner working of the NBA to make a recommendation but there has to be someone better than Isiah. Zeke does draft well but it's his overall body of work that's poor.

Granted he's better than Layton who was a complete incompetent. He was so bad it was scary, I know for a fact even I could have done a better job than Layton. His signings and drafts were on par with what a person just released from a mental health ward would do.

Zeke as a GM hired how many coaches and than fired them?

If Zeke is smart he will go back to being the GM and hire Ewing.

That's why he won't, because it's the right thing to do.

Ewing is a huge man who will be forceful with the likes of Curry and Frye. He also still wants a ring and if it's by being a head coach so be it. He also is from that Riley school and Van Gundy school. That means DEFENSE and good fundamental play.

I think Isiah probably talks too slow and the players tune him out.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #28
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I think the team has improved in certain places and regressed in others.

Marbury has bought into the correct way to play the PG position and Curry has blossomed into a true Prima Donna center but without the complete set of skills.

Great!!!!!!

Frye has gone from a good looking PF who everybody wanted to a soft 6''11" shooting guard who's afraid to make a mistake.

So we won a few more games. This is a better team than the one Larry Brown had.

I think the injuries really hurt us.

But those injuries showed the reality of our deficiencies.

Let's face it Dolan is a moron. What do people that are morons do? Things that are moronic, like signing Isiah to a new contract before the end of the season when it wasn't necessary to do so.

Isiah should have been let go, we should have hired Patrick Ewing for our head coach next year and a real GM who knows what he's doing. I do not know enough about the inner working of the NBA to make a recommendation but there has to be someone better than Isiah. Zeke does draft well but it's his overall body of work that's poor.

Granted he's better than Layton who was a complete incompetent. He was so bad it was scary, I know for a fact even I could have done a better job than Layton. His signings and drafts were on par with what a person just released from a mental health ward would do.

Zeke as a GM hired how many coaches and than fired them?

If Zeke is smart he will go back to being the GM and hire Ewing.

That's why he won't, because it's the right thing to do.

Ewing is a huge man who will be forceful with the likes of Curry and Frye. He also still wants a ring and if it's by being a head coach so be it. He also is from that Riley school and Van Gundy school. That means DEFENSE and good fundamental play.

I think Isiah probably talks too slow and the players tune him out.

I agree with all of it.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: