Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once JJordan3315's Avatar

Default Re: "Take a Hike Mike" thread

I get the bashing of D'antoni. Knicks fans miss the days where we had the best defensive teams in the league. I miss them! But defense has been better some games with less talented defensive players. Amare's pick-and-pop defense once again the true Achilles Heel. Mid-range jumpers are always left open for PFs. I am not saying he keeps his job but we would need to replace him with someone better. If we make second round I say keep him and give him another shot next season. Either way I am sure he's staying.

I dream about the day when will be announced that D'Antoni is fired.

That day should become a holiday in New York because Knicks will be strong again.

Right now we are playing hot and cold and I don't expect that anything will change until D'Antoni is gone.

Banned

I deletes your posts because once again, they are worthless.

Nothing worse than a troll hiding behind his original screen name because he hurt because the Knicks traded away his future baby daddy.

Keep it in the main board, it could get ugly in here.

Come back when u can add something useful.
    Last edited by knickscity; 03-20-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofey Mozgov
    Lol at this thread. If somebody made a "Take a hike Melo" thread, it'd be closed immediately and the poster would be banned for "trolling". But if it's the D'Antoni its OK. Go figure. That's knickscity for you.

This post will probably be deleted like all of the other posts he deleted because he couldn't argue against them.
    Are you a LastChanceToWin's relative ?

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Part of me hopes we keep losing because it'll force the Knicks to look @ firing Mike but part of me feels like they'll just find a way to blame our losses on Melo and Amare.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Part of me hopes we keep losing because it'll force the Knicks to look @ firing Mike but part of me feels like they'll just find a way to blame our losses on Melo and Amare.
    Yeah, you should never blame superstars for poor play. That's what scrubs and coaches are for. Melo and Amar'e in particularly are above reproach. Obviously.

Banned

Add something to the board and maybe it can stay.

Go troll on the main board.
    Last edited by knickscity; 03-20-2011 at 11:18 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

What do you guys think if we got a coach who ran the triangle offense? I think Carmelo and Amar'e would flourish with that offense, particularly Carmelo.

NBA rookie of the year

The Triangle relegates the point guard to little more than a spot shooter. Perfect for Chauncey, because he can't do anything else.

Made that high school varsity squad earlofupstate's Avatar

I heard Phil is not coaching in LA next year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    The Triangle relegates the point guard to little more than a spot shooter. Perfect for Chauncey, because he can't do anything else.
    On top of that, Carmelo in the high post and Amar'e in the low post would be really hard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Yeah, you should never blame superstars for poor play. That's what scrubs and coaches are for. Melo and Amar'e in particularly are above reproach. Obviously.
    Clearly you missed my point.I wasn't saying they are exempt from blame.I'm saying I'm not going to be the fool to blame them solely when they are also the main reasons why we win when we do.

Triangle isn't a bad idea at all.It's complicated but it's effective once mastered. You just have to be patient with it.I wouldn't mind us doing a little 1-4 high either.

Made that high school varsity squad earlofupstate's Avatar

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...hen&id=6246952

Here's a snippet of the whole article that interests me...

Privately, the Knicks question whether they should just run up and down the floor jacking up shots. They've wondered somewhat aloud whether the game should be slowed to let Stoudemire and Anthony operate in a more structured offense. Defensively, they're offended by the notion of that word and their team being mentioned in the same breath. They don't like being laughed at. And tension is elevating because of it.
    Down the hall, away from players, reporters are whispering about hearing assistant coaches worry that Anthony is going to get them fired. Anthony's mood and demeanor say he wouldn't mind that at all. Nobody's taking Stoudemire's compliments seriously because D'Antoni is connected to that $100 million check he's cashing.
    "It's bad over there," one Celtic, who's tight with several of the Knicks, told me after the game. "Right or wrong, they're not feeling [D'Antoni]. They just ain't."

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

We was talking about that article on the force today.

What's crazy about it is that it's highly believable.

The Players in reference most likely are KG and Chauncey, they are very good friends.

Even though I hold Chauncey in high regard, I don't think he is really buying in to this push the ball, run, run, run stuff.

Chauncey is a true pro, he clearly isn't regarding D'antoni at all.

One thing I can say about Melo, is that he wants to win.

But he isn't buying in to D'antoni's offensive schemes, and even though Amar'e made an attempt to call out players to buy in, Amar'e was talking primarily to Chauncey, but at the same time letting the coach know he doesn't like the offense going through Melo.

I do think Melo and Amar'e both need to grow up, but D'antoni, is not the guy for him.

I think he would improve if he brought in a defensive coach beside him, but these guys overall don't want him there.

Most notably Chauncey.