Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Magic The Gathering

It's no LOTV but he wont dip until rotation, he's played in legacy and modern, and a bit of vintage

RIP Christopher Rush, one of earlier artists for MTG. The art of one of most expensive cards was drew by him.

Banned

GOAT game is GOAT

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    flip jace is good but I don't think $100 great.
    what a foolish quote this was. flip jace is a beast. I made an EDH high tide deck with him as the general

what a foolish quote this was. flip jace is a beast. I made an EDH high tide deck with him as the general
    God I was considering sinking a grand into him a while back but chose sealed product instead, still made money, but I was gonna buy in at $30.

I don't think I'll play until Shadows, I never got to play the original Innistrad Block it was during a time I took a hiatus.

Banned

I just sold all my old eldrazi shit like eye of ugins and eldrazi temples for a playset of LED, it spiked $60+ each the week after I bought them

Standard is shit, modern has turned pretty shit, legacy and EDH still where it's at

Flip jace going over Jace the Mind sculptor now in price. The only one I have is one I opened. All of us are fools for not buying loads when they were $15-20 each but hindsight is 20/20

I took a hiatus during original Innistrad too, only came back for BFZ. From what it looks like the power level in SoI is pretty weak though. I'm hoping for some good aggro red one drops atleast. I haven't bought any Oath of Gatewatch except for Reality Smashers and Eldrazi mimics I bought when they were really cheap and have since sold off.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 02-17-2016 at 07:01 PM.

I just sold all my old eldrazi shit like eye of ugins and eldrazi temples for a playset of LED, it spiked $60+ each the week after I bought them

Standard is shit, modern has turned pretty shit, legacy and EDH still where it's at

Flip jace going over Jace the Mind sculptor now in price. The only one I have is one I opened. All of us are fools for not buying loads when they were $15-20 each but hindsight is 20/20
    Do you just play with friends or do you do Store events?

I have no one to play with since moving to Colorado but I find that 95% of the people who attend these events are weird as ****. I'm somehow the most normal person in the room.

Edit: Red has always been my color so the lack of viable burn in recent sets has really turned me off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Do you just play with friends or do you do Store events?

I have no one to play with since moving to Colorado but I find that 95% of the people who attend these events are weird as ****. I'm somehow the most normal person in the room.
    store events but not weekly, maybe once a month. Now that I have LED's I'm going to start going to a monthly legacy tournament near me where the winner gets a revised dual land.

Most of the people at these stores are f*cking weirdos and not pleasant to be around. There was one local store that was badass and we were allowed to smoke in the back and drink in the shop and the people were relatively normal, but it got closed down a few months ago. I have been playing less tournaments now because the other stores are full of weirdos and gamey asshole wannabe pros who throw tantrums when they lose.

Playing EDH with my friends is the best option.

I heard there are some good stores in Denver.

Red is my color too. I got pissed how shit and slow they made it in the new Zendikar block. I'm playing Blue Red prowess aggro right now in standard and it's pretty fast, but I'd rather do mono red. Magic design team is ****ing up with these shitty new sets.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 02-17-2016 at 07:06 PM.

store events but not weekly, maybe once a month. Now that I have LED's I'm going to start going to a monthly legacy tournament near me where the winner gets a revised dual land.

Most of the people at these stores are f*cking weirdos and not pleasant to be around. There was one local store that was badass and we were allowed to smoke in the back and drink in the shop and the people were relatively normal, but it got closed down a few months ago. I have been playing less tournaments now because the other stores are full of weirdos and gamey asshole wannabe pros who throw tantrums when they lose.

Playing EDH with my friends is the best option.

I heard there are some good stores in Denver.

Red is my color too. I got pissed how shit and slow they made it in the new Zendikar block. I'm playing Blue Red prowess aggro right now in standard and it's pretty fast, but I'd rather do mono red. Magic design team is ****ing up with these shitty new sets.
    Damn. I've wanted Duals for a long time solely for collection purposes. I collect moreso than play mainly due to your second paragraph. It's just not a pleasant experience most of the time.

I got back into it for RTR (the original was one of my favorites). Which was decent, but not enough in terms of impressive cards and very weak for flavor (to me). Theros was really the start of something awful. Power level has been depressing, and flavor hasn't been much better. Getting harder for me to justify purchases.

There are rumors with the upcoming Eternal Masters set that said to include Force of Will, Wasteland (those two are officially in), Jace the Mind Sculptor, Liliana of the Veil, Show and Tell, Sneak Attack, etc.

[CODE]Mythics (15):
    Force of Will
    Liliana of the Veil
    Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Stoneforge Mystic
    Snapcaster Mage
    Show and Tell
    Sneak Attack
    Umezawa's Jitte
    Kaalia of the Vast
    Mana Drain
    Karakas
    Grim Tutor
    Mana Crypt
    Batterskull
    Dark Depths

Rares (53):

Sensei's Divining Top
    Wasteland
    Verdant Catacombs
    Scalding Tarn
    Marsh Flats
    Misty Rainforest
    Arid Mesa
    Rishadan Port
    Vampiric Tutor
    Necropotence
    Phyrexian Altar
    Scroll Rack
    Damnation
    Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    Gifts Ungiven
    Life From the Loam
    Wrath of God
    Exploration
    True-Name Nemesis
    Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge
    Karona, False God
    Psychatog
    Maro
    Gamble
    Hymn to Tourach
    Lin-Sivvi, Defiant Rebel
    Counterbalance
    Land Tax
    Sylvan Library
    Mindslicer
    Ichorid
    Flusterstorm
    Goblin Recruiter
    Hermit Druid
    Birthing Pod
    Doubling Season
    Cursed Scroll
    Upheval
    Golgari-Grave Troll
    AEther Vial
    Green Sun's Zenith
    Teferi, Temporal Archmage
    Zur the Enchanter
    Jace's Archivist
    Windfall
    Oath of Druids
    Ancient Tomb
    Lotus Petal
    Cabal Therapy
    Terminus
    Past in Flames
    Glimpse of Nature
    Cavern of Souls[/CODE]

The suggested retail price is $9.99 per pack, which most local retailers will never sell at that price.

They absolutely need to print the Top again. Shit has an absurd price tag.

I'm not doing any investment until after the set is fully announced. Too many things will tank and rise.

Both FoW and Wasteland's prices start to dip btw.

I haven't checked, but I've been told the Duals are all rising on the chance this bumps interest in Legacy/Vintage play

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I haven't checked, but I've been told the Duals are all rising on the chance this bumps interest in Legacy/Vintage play
    Every major card on the reserved list that is played in Legacy is spiking in price and dealers are buying them out.