Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mayweather vs. Canelo- September 14,2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Exactly. If all you love are all-out brawls, you are a fan of brawls, not boxing. It is called the sweet science for a reason. The entire point is to hit and not be hit. It isn't, "Let me see if I can hit harder than you... Now, just stand there... Don't move."
    Disagree, you can dislike a certain aspect of boxing and still be a fan of it. What if a boxer just run away the whole fight and just do the bare minimum jabs to ensure a victory? Clearly it's a good, safe strategy and he's displaying awesome footwork but what a boring fight that would be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    First off, you're an idiot. 145lbs is 65kg. 152lbs is 69kg.

Second of all, they'd demolish you.
    I'm 6'2 and 215lbs, fought amateur fights at 225lbs, and I have no doubt I'd get schooled by them, and possibly knocked out, even with the 2 years or so I've been practicing boxing.
    I accidently did 2.5 conversion instead of 2.2. Not quite as small then.

I would take them down with my Ju-Jutzu and massive weight advantage. I could easily take a few of their kitten paw punches until then. I'm exaggerating but whenever I see these little guys fight I think of cute things like kitten and puppies. i can't help it when i watch them fight. it's not even fighting but more like dancing...

I imagine real fights and what I think they could do to me. i want to see guys fight that could seriously hurt me quickly. So i'm not interested in watching them fight with strict rules against each other. it just does nothing except for making me think of cute kittens and puppies.

maybe we could put two of them together against a big guy and make it interesting. otherwise
    Last edited by K; 05-30-2013 at 03:43 AM.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

[quote=K

Floyd by unanimous decision. I just don't think Alvarez mixes up his punches enough to be able to bother Floyd. As we saw in the last fight Floyd's hand speed and movement are still elite, even if not like he was in his prime. The only problem I foresee is how Floyd's hand heals up, if he breaks it early in the fight Canelo will have a chance to steal this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz
    152 is fine. I give Floyd credit for making this fight happen.
    152 is a good weight to fight at for both parties. Making Canelo drop weight would make everyone cry out that he wants to take away Canelo's power, but fighting at a higher weight so soon after his last fight and winning this fight especially will silence all his detractors.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Why is Mayweather only fighting twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    in the last 7 years he's only fought twice in a year once.

twice a year is an improvement.

he has a history of breaking his hand so fighting any sooner than 6 months wouldn't give him much time to rest and start/complete his training regimen.

I just don't see how Canelo poses a challenge for Floyd. You aren't going to one hit ko Floyd and Canelo doesn't have the gas tank to out work Floyd for a decision or finish him with flurries. The only way this is even close is if Floyd gets old overnight. That said props to both men for making the fight people want to see. Floyd is a fairly tough negotiator and Canelo is so beloved he could have easily waited and made this fight a year or two later when Floyd is older while making money fighting relatively easy fights but he agreed to the catchweight and made it happen. Floyd could have continued making 30 mil a fight to fight people no one wanted to see but he took a fight with what is at least perceived as a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    I just don't see how Canelo poses a challenge for Floyd. You aren't going to one hit ko Floyd and Canelo doesn't have the gas tank to out work Floyd for a decision or finish him with flurries. The only way this is even close is if Floyd gets old overnight. That said props to both men for making the fight people want to see. Floyd is a fairly tough negotiator and Canelo is so beloved he could have easily waited and made this fight a year or two later when Floyd is older while making money fighting relatively easy fights but he agreed to the catchweight and made it happen. Floyd could have continued making 30 mil a fight to fight people no one wanted to see but he took a fight with what is at least perceived as a challenge
    With his size advantage alone he will give Floyd problems. The guy comes in close to 170, Floyd comes in at 154 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri
    With his size advantage alone he will give Floyd problems. The guy comes in close to 170, Floyd comes in at 154 max.
    It would be a mistake to come in quite that heavy. Rehydrating that much takes a ton out of you cardio wise and his cardio sucks anyway.

To maximize his earning potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri
    It would be extremely stupid to come in at 170.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

show [B]K

152 is not ideal but we gotta live with it, and it has the potential to make for a better fight. Canelo seems to have cardio problems, so hopefully he will control his between fight ballooning and start training camp a bit further out and at a lighter weight and put in the extra roadwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    It would be extremely stupid to come in at 170.
    No it won't. Canelo isn't quick anyway. His style relies on explosive power and baiting.

Floyd is best at what he does. He's trying to keep this record going.