Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #16
Lakers Legend#32
College superstar
 
Lakers Legend#32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Low Rent Dist of Raider Nation
Posts: 4,347
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Trump's most blatant obvious racist statement yet.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #17
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,957
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Pretty vile diatribe by Trump, but nothing particularly new or unexpected, unfortunately. Basically his logic is that criticizing him and the country as an American citizen is anti-American... forget that he heavily criticized the country and the previous President only a few short years ago.

His statements are being construed as racist because they're focused specifically on women of color, basically telling them to go back to their s-hole countries. Where is someone like Ayanna Pressley supposed to go; her family has been in the US longer than Trump's... likely dating back to the slave trade. Which terrible country should she go back to? Is Trump telling her to go back to Africa? Yeah...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #18
highwhey
tf
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,910
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Pretty vile diatribe by Trump, but nothing particularly new or unexpected, unfortunately. Basically his logic is that criticizing him and the country as an American citizen is anti-American... forget that he heavily criticized the country and the previous President only a few short years ago.

His statements are being construed as racist because they're focused specifically on women of color, basically telling them to go back to their s-hole countries. Where is someone like Ayanna Pressley supposed to go; her family has been in the US longer than Trump's... likely dating back to the slave trade. Which terrible country should she go back to? Is Trump telling her to go back to Africa? Yeah...
ding ding ding

trump supporters have low IQ unfortunately so they are unable to make that basic leap of logic to realize this, and those that realize this chose to ignore it bc "fvck liberals".

it's such a childish retort as well. "uhh i don't have anything intelligent to say so i will attack your background"

trump supporters swallow it like their daughters swallow bbc
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #19
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where The Slime Live
Posts: 20,465
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Being construed as racist and actually being racist are two totally different things, Alan.

You talk about Trump supporters having low IQ, but it’s the other way around if Trump haters such as yourself can’t tell the difference between an offensive comment and a racially charged one.

Last edited by Patrick Chewing : 07-15-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 04:32 PM   #20
Hawker
Repeal FATCA
 
Hawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 19,675
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Damn - so those times that I was told to go back to America by a white Australian, they were being racist?

Learn something new everyday. Highwhey getting triggered by Trump.

Even Nancy Pelosi is being called a racist.

I think Trumps end goal here is to make these four the face of the party (which they are) as they are viewed quite unfavorably by the swing voters apparently.

Last edited by Hawker : 07-15-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #21
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,957
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Being construed as racist and actually being racist are two totally different things, Alan.

You talk about Trump supporters having low IQ, but itís the other around if Trump haters such as yourself canít tell the difference between an offensive comment and a racially charged one.

A white person practically telling people of color to go back to Africa is both offensive and pretty racially charged. The real problem isn't with Trump supporter's IQ, though... it's with his. Seems that he is ignorant of the fact that critique of your country is one of the most patriotic things you can do as a citizen. He had to know he isn't going to win a twitter war with these individuals.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #22
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where The Slime Live
Posts: 20,465
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
A white person practically telling people of color to go back to Africa is both offensive and pretty racially charged. The real problem isn't with Trump supporter's IQ, though... it's with his. Seems that he is ignorant of the fact that critique of your country is one of the most patriotic things you can do as a citizen. He had to know he isn't going to win a twitter war with these individuals.


Why are you lying? He never uttered those words to go back to Africa or anything of the sort.


Those 4 individuals are as unpatriotic as they come. No one honestly thinks they have the best for this country in mind.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #23
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,957
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Damn - so those times that I was told to go back to America by a white Australian, they were being racist?

Well that's a laughably bad comparison.

Just to be clear, Trump is telling a bunch of minority women, all of whom are Americans, most of whom were born in the United States of America, to go back to the terrible countries from whence they came. Which country is Ayanna Pressley going to go back to? Is Trump telling her to go back to Africa even though her ancestors, likely brought over on slave ships, have been here longer than his family has?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #24
highwhey
tf
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,910
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Why are you lying? He never uttered those words to go back to Africa or anything of the sort.


Those 4 individuals are as unpatriotic as they come. No one honestly thinks they have the best for this country in mind.
this is where the outrage comes from.

ďhe never said go back to africa, he merely suggested itĒ



ok patrick zimmerman, whatever you say pal. just know the rest of the world isnít using mental gymnastics to interpret the words that come out of trumpís mouth, only his supporters are doing so.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #25
MaxFly
Stylin' on you
 
MaxFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,957
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Why are you lying? He never uttered those words to go back to Africa or anything of the sort.

I'm going to highlight it for you because reading is fundamental...

Quote:
A white person practically telling people of color to go back to Africa is both offensive and pretty racially charged.

Do you understand what "practically" means? Let's tackle the second part. When your ancestors are from Africa, and Trump tells you to go back to where you came from, even though you were born in the US and your family has been here for generations, where is he telling you to go back to?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:31 PM   #26
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where The Slime Live
Posts: 20,465
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I'm going to highlight it for you because reading is fundamental...



Do you understand what "practically" means? Let's tackle the second part. When your ancestors are from Africa, and Trump tells you to go back to where you came from, even though you were born in the US and your family has been here for generations, where is he telling you to go back to?


And you interpret this as racist? You interpret this as his disdain and hatred and superiority to any person who is not White? How has he managed to work with people of all races throughout his life and visit different countries if he’s a blatant racist? If he’s a racist, you would think he’d want nothing to do with these people. You guys are the race and racism experts so I would hope you could explain this to me.

So using your logic, he’s not racist had he just singled out Rep. Omar since she’s actually from that shithole called Somalia?
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #27
dude77
Very good NBA starter
 
dude77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,145
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

he said gtfo here if you hate this place so much .. nothing more nothing less .. if you think that's 'racist' that's on you .. dems try to make EVERYTHING a race issue .. everything .. you talk about donuts they'll find a way to make it about race ... people are sick of that shit
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:41 PM   #28
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where The Slime Live
Posts: 20,465
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Asked if she supports Al-Qaeda, Rep. Ilhan Omar declined to comment today.

Are you sure you Trump haters really want to stand behind this woman and defend her? You sure you want to take her side over the Presidentís?
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:41 PM   #29
highwhey
tf
 
highwhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,910
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude77
he said gtfo here if you hate this place so much .. nothing more nothing less .. if you think that's 'racist' that's on you .. dems try to make EVERYTHING a race issue .. everything .. you talk about donuts they'll find a way to make it about race ... people are sick of that shit
"if you criticize this country, you need to get out of the country"

so about that freedom of speech...
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #30
tpols
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,334
Default Re: Klans robes Donny at it again

This was a mass re-tweeted response to the don's decree

Quote:
And "nation" is a pretty European concept. But sure, racists are allowed to explain us all how things should be made.

It's not like they screwed it up in the process.



Have they heard of the asians?

or literally any other ethnicity to ever exist...

Liberals are full out arguing USA is not a country and anybody from anywhere should be able to cruise through because it was stolen from the indians.


tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy