Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #16
Prometheus
for your health
 
Prometheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,248
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Not sure if it changes how anyone views this, but my parents were never married or even really together. She got knocked up while they were still in the "feel this shit out" phase. As soon as he found out she was pregnant, she didn't hear from him again until I was born. At that point, he said to her "you have no idea how hard these last nine months have been for me" (!!!)

My mom then ran into his ex wife Wendy, who told her that motherf*cker had been desperately trying to crawl back to her the whole time.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #17
BarberSchool
Great college starter
 
BarberSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spelunking Luncheon
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Buncha homies of mine lived this exact same story. Easy assistance programs, the drug war (ex of mine's dad was "ghost" alexander cooper), and chronic unemployment, and last but not least, horrible decision making, have ruined many families I grew up around.

I respect when their sons I knew, made a very conscious decision to NEVER do the same thing, for ANY reason. Condolences for your childhood Prometheus, but props for vowing to NEVER repeat it.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:10 PM   #18
Prometheus
for your health
 
Prometheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,248
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberSchool
Buncha homies of mine lived this exact same story. Easy assistance programs, the drug war (ex of mine's dad was "ghost" alexander cooper), and chronic unemployment, and last but not least, horrible decision making, have ruined many families I grew up around.

I respect when their sons I knew, made a very conscious decision to NEVER do the same thing, for ANY reason. Condolences for your childhood Prometheus, but props for vowing to NEVER repeat it.

I feel you. None of those things apply to my pops though... he wasn't poor, wasn't on drugs, wasn't on welfare, wasn't a criminal... he was a normal guy who just said "eh, **** it. Let the kid grow up on his own." Pathetic.

And thanks, dude. I'm sure my kids will resent me at some point (most likely as teenagers) for being too present. I'll take it.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:38 PM   #19
BarberSchool
Great college starter
 
BarberSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spelunking Luncheon
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
I feel you. None of those things apply to my pops though... he wasn't poor, wasn't on drugs, wasn't on welfare, wasn't a criminal... he was a normal guy who just said "eh, **** it. Let the kid grow up on his own." Pathetic.

And thanks, dude. I'm sure my kids will resent me at some point (most likely as teenagers) for being too present. I'll take it.
Damn, nicca got no kind of excuse then.

TOO PRESENT. I like that.
My daughters ain't getting any dick until college, unless they want Dad to go to prison for murder.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:56 PM   #20
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.
 
stalkerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Posts: 25,794
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

I don't know what happened in your situation, but a lot of mothers are vile and use their children as weapons and bargaining tools.

It can get really bad.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #21
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.
 
stalkerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Posts: 25,794
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
stalker doesn't seem neglectful whatsoever... he's always there... but he does seem abusive, teaching his kids about how great Kobe was, etc...

Clear brainwashing going on in the forlife household.

stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #22
Prometheus
for your health
 
Prometheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,248
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
I don't know what happened in your situation, but a lot of mothers are vile and use their children as weapons and bargaining tools.

It can get really bad.

Yeah I know they do. My dad was actually a piece of shit though. It can go both ways.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 09:45 PM   #23
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker
 
egokiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11,068
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
From the time I was born, he visited me every Sunday.

One day when I was 2yo, he just stopped. I have no memory of those days, so to me it is like he never existed back then.

Growing up (with no memory of him from when I was a baby), I would often get confused and ask my mom "Other kids have a mom and a dad... do I have a dad?" She said yes, and had one picture of him she used to show me, but she would never explain it beyond "he's not here." I knew he wasn't dead, but I was confused.

One day, when I was nine, my mom told me to get in the car because I was about to meet my dad. Apparently he decided he wanted to be in my life again - at the time I was only confused and excited.

Now up to this point, you're probably thinking he moved far away. I come to find out he had been living three miles away for all those years. No one ever told him he couldn't come see me anymore. He just stopped.

Can you imagine letting your only son grow from ages 2 to 9, living three miles away the whole time, and missing all of it? His explanation is that "your mother and I didn't get along, and I didn't want to put you in the middle of that". How f*cking lame is that?

And get this. Years later, he actually admitted to me that it was only under pressure from his wife (now ex) that he even came back into my life at all. She found out AFTER they got married that he had a son living one township away. And she basically told him she would leave him if he didn't reach out and come back into my life.

Pathetic.

I don't have kids yet, but it's gonna be soon. Nothing is more important to me than making sure I am not like him - making sure I am there for my children to see them grow, and to help them in every way a father should. Even if, god forbid, things don't work out between me and the mother. Nothing will stop me from being in their lives and experiencing their childhoods.

Shout out to all the stand-up fathers on ISH. I admire you. Thank you for not doing what my pitiful father did.

Because a loser is a loser, period. Don't ever let someone tell you some bullshit like "we are only as strong as our weakest link". Fvck that noise. He was a loser, and you already know to not do what he did. Do you know what they call that?

WINNING

But then again, you already knew that and I'm just re-affirming what you already know.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #24
Prometheus
for your health
 
Prometheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,248
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Because a loser is a loser, period. Don't ever let someone tell you some bullshit like "we are only as strong as our weakest link". Fvck that noise. He was a loser, and you already know to not do what he did. Do you know what they call that?

WINNING

But then again, you already knew that and I'm just re-affirming what you already know.

I love you, dude. I hope we can meet each other some day. You're one of like four posters on here I would actually hang out with.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:49 PM   #25
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.
 
stalkerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Posts: 25,794
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
Yeah I know they do. My dad was actually a piece of shit though. It can go both ways.

But even if a mother does do that, a father should just let the court mediate.

However, I have heard a story from someone I know that a false molestation claim was made as a threat to get rid of a father.

Father was told to go away forever or they would coach the child and make these claims.

Women can be the most despicable people on the planet.

They are obsessed with control of children.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:57 PM   #26
Prometheus
for your health
 
Prometheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,248
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
But even if a mother does do that, a father should just let the court mediate.

However, I have heard a story from someone I know that a false molestation claim was made as a threat to get rid of a father.

Father was told to go away forever or they would coach the child and make these claims.

Women can be the most despicable people on the planet.

They are obsessed with control of children.

That's evil. Crazy.

Has nothing to do with me though. I think you want to believe that my mom is the one to blame here.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:00 PM   #27
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.
 
stalkerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Posts: 25,794
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
That's evil. Crazy.

Has nothing to do with me though. I think you want to believe that my mom is the one to blame here.

Not really.

Did your mom get married? Ever have BF while you grew up?
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:10 PM   #28
Prometheus
for your health
 
Prometheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,248
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
Not really.

Did your mom get married? Ever have BF while you grew up?

she had 2 relationships in my childhood, both of which failed after a few years. then when i was 13 she met the right one, they got married in 2005 and have been happy together ever since.

he's a dorky lil dude but my mom is a dorky lil woman so it works. they treat each other like gold and they're both boring as shit
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #29
stalkerforlife
Free the banned users.
 
stalkerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Posts: 25,794
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
she had 2 relationships in my childhood, both of which failed after a few years. then when i was 13 she met the right one, they got married in 2005 and have been happy together ever since.

he's a dorky lil dude but my mom is a dorky lil woman so it works. they treat each other like gold and they're both boring as shit

My mom had numerous boyfriends while I was growing up.

I used to fantasize about killing them when I was a teenager.

I'd hear them having sex and it made me hate her.

Come to find out, one of them that she was with for a long time was convicted of molestation and after they broke up, he was arrested for showing porn to his daughter's preteen son.

He had these pills that would knock you out and he said I could have them whenever I wanted them.

For some reason, I went to sleep for what seemed like days once and when I woke up, my ass was sore.

Not sure if anything happened, but it wouldn't surprise me.
stalkerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:35 PM   #30
Prometheus
for your health
 
Prometheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,248
Default Re: Why my dad is a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
My mom had numerous boyfriends while I was growing up.

I used to fantasize about killing them when I was a teenager.

I'd hear them having sex and it made me hate her.

Come to find out, one of them that she was with for a long time was convicted of molestation and after they broke up, he was arrested for showing porn to his daughter's preteen son.

He had these pills that would knock you out and he said I could have them whenever I wanted them.

For some reason, I went to sleep for what seemed like days once and when I woke up, my ass was sore.

Not sure if anything happened, but it wouldn't surprise me.



I'm sorry. You had it hard growing up. Very hard.
Prometheus is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy