Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #31
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Default Re: Marvel Confirms Phase 4 Movies/Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
We don't know what direction they'll go. People are just assuming it'll be Jane Foster as Thor. Maybe it'll be Valkryie, maybe someone else. Maybe no one will be Thor since Thor is slated to be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and someone only temporarily has his powers.
I thought they already announced that Jane Foster will be wielding the hammer

Quote:
SYFY WIRE @ SDCC

Verified account

@SYFYWIRE
Follow Follow @SYFYWIRE
More
#MarvelSDCC OH HELL YES. Natalie Portman just walked on stage and will be a Female Thor! #SDCC
https://twitter.com/SYFYWIRE/status/1152751684206153728
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #32
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm
I thought they already announced that Jane Foster will be wielding the hammer

https://twitter.com/SYFYWIRE/status/1152751684206153728
I guess you're right. i want to say it's too obvious though. I don't feel it'll be permanent though.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #33
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Seems like people are in a rush to shit on a female thor reminds of captain marvel all these fools mad at a powerful female character. Mad because she was to powerful and will kill thanos easily then tuned out she was barely in endgame.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:15 PM   #34
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

I'm mostly looking forward to The Eternals, Doctor Strange 2 and Thor 4 in that order. I'm really interested in the new direction the MCU takes with the introduction of The Eternals.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #35
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Seems like people are in a rush to shit on a female thor reminds of captain marvel all these fools mad at a powerful female character. Mad because she was to powerful and will kill thanos easily then tuned out she was barely in endgame.
The comic was garbage, that's why they don't like it. Captain Marvel was also shoehorned in to be the strongest Avenger when she wasn't even there for 99% of the MCU, she's also very bland and unlikable.
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:26 PM   #36
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
Am I the only one who thinks nearly all of the Marvel movies suck dick? rdj is the only good thing about the entire franchise imo.
They don't suck, they're just not great. Essentially fun hollywood action flicks 7/10 that you never care about once you step out of the theater, with a connected universe.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:54 PM   #37
Facepalm
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I guess you're right. i want to say it's too obvious though. I don't feel it'll be permanent though.
Yup they are really gonna do it

Lagertha from Vikings would have made a much better female Thor

Old 07-22-2019, 06:01 AM   #38
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
The recent comics run that gave Thor's hammer to Jane was actually pretty good. It was dumb that Thor became her name though, as if it was a title. Portman is just too petite imo, they need a woman with more physical presence to play the female Thor, but she was already cast as Jane years ago so

Valkyrie should have been the female Thor if they wanted to go in that direction.

Thor kinda is a title though. Its a gods name....but in the comics the guy who is thor isnt always thor. Hes a doctor as I suspect you know. They just totally ignored that element aside from the first movie where they made that doctor Portmans ex boyfriend whos clothes she gave Thor to wear.

Thor is not a constant character on earth. The POWER of Thor is given to whoever is worthy as if it is a title. Its something to earn.

Between Donald Blake(traditional Thor), Cap, Storm, Foster, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Odin, Thing, Gamora, Luke Cage, Groot, and Rogue.....its clear you dont have to BE Thor to have the power of and be recognized as the current Thor.

Thor is like an abstract...mostly. Depends on which comic you mean. In some hes always thor...in others just his power makes whoever has the hammer Thor. He couldnt even put the hammer down and stay Thor for decades.

They have solid footing to make Thor whoever they want.

Though I agree that Jane will look weird.

Her being that strong just seems off....though logically just being musclebound wouldnt make you as strong as Thor is. Its clearly a magical/god thing so a female thor would still be strong....just not look strong. Like Spiderman I suppose.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:36 AM   #39
coin24
NBA Superstar

Why can't Wesley Snipes play Blade again? I'd love to see that. They better not make a pile of shit reboot like what happened with Hellboy

Can't say I'm interested in any of the next phase. Maybe guardians and doctor strange will be watchable, not sure about the direction Thor looks to be taking..
But tbh I've never been big on the tv series versions so doubtful I'd watch those anyway..

Does anyone think these will generate as big of an interest now that End Game and that phase is over?
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #40
Bawkish
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Why can't Wesley Snipes play Blade again? I'd love to see that. They better not make a pile of shit reboot like what happened with Hellboy

Can't say I'm interested in any of the next phase. Maybe guardians and doctor strange will be watchable, not sure about the direction Thor looks to be taking..
But tbh I've never been big on the tv series versions so doubtful I'd watch those anyway..

Does anyone think these will generate as big of an interest now that End Game and that phase is over?

rumors says that Snipes is an a$$hole to work with. The last Blade movie had tons of problems during production because of him
Bawkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:40 PM   #41
sammichoffate
Land o' Lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Thor kinda is a title though. Its a gods name....but in the comics the guy who is thor isnt always thor. Hes a doctor as I suspect you know. They just totally ignored that element aside from the first movie where they made that doctor Portmans ex boyfriend whos clothes she gave Thor to wear.

Thor is not a constant character on earth. The POWER of Thor is given to whoever is worthy as if it is a title. Its something to earn.

Between Donald Blake(traditional Thor), Cap, Storm, Foster, Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill, Odin, Thing, Gamora, Luke Cage, Groot, and Rogue.....its clear you dont have to BE Thor to have the power of and be recognized as the current Thor.

Thor is like an abstract...mostly. Depends on which comic you mean. In some hes always thor...in others just his power makes whoever has the hammer Thor. He couldnt even put the hammer down and stay Thor for decades.

They have solid footing to make Thor whoever they want.

Though I agree that Jane will look weird.

Her being that strong just seems off....though logically just being musclebound wouldnt make you as strong as Thor is. Its clearly a magical/god thing so a female thor would still be strong....just not look strong. Like Spiderman I suppose.
His name is literally Thor Odinson, it's not a title just because you wield the hammer. Yeah, you might have his power but he's still the God of Thunder. It works for other heroes who take the mantle of others' but not him because that's his actual name.
sammichoffate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #42
Levity
NBA sixth man of the year

man, catching up on/watching these marvel movies is such a daunting task.

the last one i saw was Logan (which doesnt even qualify i dont think), so i have so much more to catch up on, but god damn it doesnt seem worth the effort.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #43
Facepalm
Local High School Star

No mention of the new Captain America?

Between Black Cap and Lady Thor, the incels are going to have absolute meltdown
Old 07-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #44
highwhey
tf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus
Am I the only one who thinks nearly all of the Marvel movies suck dick? rdj is the only good thing about the entire franchise imo.
NAH, i'm with you on that.

they're cookie cutter movies. same corny jokes across the mcu movies. it's tiring. villains suck ass for the most part. thanos was the only that was good.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #45
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
His name is literally Thor Odinson, it's not a title just because you wield the hammer.

And yet....when other people have the hammer they have called them Thor. Jane foster was in fact called Thor. I think Rogue was too. Eric masterson was Thor. The comic with him was called the mighty Thor. Other people called him Thor.

When you have the power of Thor....you’re Thor. When the usual Thor isn’t being Thor....his name is Donald. The MCU just didn’t feel like complicating things.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: