Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: eurobasket2009

Default Re: eurobasket2009

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Pelekanos is way better than Claver. And I will say flat out Claver will NEVER be as good as Pelekanos is now. You just better hope that Pelekanos and Vasileiadis are not on Greece's team this summer.

Actually, Pelekanos is one of the very elite Greek players there is. IMO he's better than Diamantidis.
    WTF?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    Paramount comedy time
    You obviously ONLY watch games involving Spanish teams. You are the comedy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    WTF?
    Diamantidis has not played well when it mattered in 2 years. He can't even stay healthy anymore.

Decent playground baller

You obviously ONLY watch games involving Spanish teams. You are the comedy.
    You were the spaniard no?

Diamantidis has not played well when it mattered in 2 years. He can't even stay healthy anymore.
    I don't agree with that, but it's just my 2 cent ..

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

How can be Rubio be overrated if he has been a 5th draft pick and you are already assuming that he can reach the level of Rajon Rondo?

Wouldnt Rajon Rondo be a legit 5th draft pick?

Isnt much more overrated Andrea Bargnani who was numer 1 pick?

Rubio is suppossed to perform according to his draft pick in order to succeed. That is, to be an allstar player, which Rondo is

If Rubio performs in NBA according to his draft pick, that is allstar potential level, he will not be overrated. If people were thinking him to be the next MJ, he would have be picked on numer 1 spot

However, for me is the most exiting project of PG ever in Europe along with Tony Parker. Dont talk me about Nikos Galis, no one is USA knows him, he played in a 2nd division basketball. Just as Bodiroga.
    bodiroga and galis where two of the best european players ever!! the fact that they don't know him in the US means nothing.They dont know who Oscar schmidt was ! and he was one of the best scorers ever in the world.
    Lakas you need to stop trying to make people see your opinions as facts! SF is one the more in demands position in basketball because frankly there aren't that many. Spain ,you are right don't have many sf,pure sf but pelekanos would not in my opinion start for Spain,I don't think he would make the squad,this is not saying Pelekanos is rubbish,before you misinterpret my words.Spain can play Rubio,Navarro,Fernandez. if they wanted a bigger sized back 3 then they would need to bring in mumbru or Claver which I don't think are anywhere near the standard of the rest of spain squad.I think Suarez from Estudiantes would be a better SF for Spain.I also think suarez is and if not will be better than pelekanos.
    As for you saying you better hope pelekanos and vasiliedis are not in the greek squad for the world champs,I don't know why. My country doesn't take part so I couldn't care less who wins,infact i like greece.If pelekanos is the best defender and vasiliedis is a near god for you then there is no doubt that they will be in the squad surely! yannakis is not that dumb is he?unless you overrate them.

Calderon/Rubio/Cabezas
    Navarro/Llull
    Fernandez/Suarez (or Mumbru)
    Reyes/Claver / (or Garbajosa)
    Pau/Marc/Vazquez

>>>

Spanoulis/Papaloukas/Calathes
    Diamantidis/Zisis
    Vasilopolous/Pelekanos (or Vassiliadis)
    Fotsis/Printezis/Kaimakoglou
    Bourousis/Schortsanitis

Spain is clearly the superior squad.

Banned

You were the spaniard no?
    For the tenth time I am BASQUE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Calderon/Rubio/Cabezas
    Navarro/Llull
    Fernandez/Suarez (or Mumbru)
    Reyes/Claver / (or Garbajosa)
    Pau/Marc/Vazquez

>>>

Spanoulis/Papaloukas/Calathes
    Diamantidis/Zisis
    Vasilopolous/Pelekanos (or Vassiliadis)
    Fotsis/Printezis/Kaimakoglou
    Bourousis/Schortsanitis

Spain is clearly the superior squad.
    And why would Calathes and Vasilopoulos make Greece's team? I don't think they will. Calathes is a great passer and creator but he can't shoot at all and his defense is too weak. There are also numerous Greek point guards that are better than him like for example Charalambidis, Papamakrios, Batis. Also Zisis can't play as a two guard, he's a pure PG so he should be the third guard and not Calathes, since Zisis is way better than Calathes.

Vasilopoulos is tremendously athletic and an amazing defender. He's big, versatile and a great outside shooter, but he can't dribble and he can't do anything on offense but shoot. He's like the Greek Battier. Vasileiadis, Pelekanos, Kaimaoglou, and Perperoglou would probably all be ahead of him on Greece's depth chart because they are more complete players.

Why would Mavroeidis not make it on Greece's team? He's one of the best centers in the Euroleague. There is no way Calathes should be on Greece's roster if there are not a bunch of injuries.

And in case you were unaware Pau said he is not playing this summer. Also, Navarro said he won't play if Pau does not play. So basically Spain's roster will be much weaker than the one you posted, and Greece's will be considerably stronger than the one you posted.

And for Spain they should not have players like Suarez and Claver in their team. Not good enough for their A team IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    bodiroga and galis where two of the best european players ever!! the fact that they don't know him in the US means nothing.They dont know who Oscar schmidt was ! and he was one of the best scorers ever in the world.
    Lakas you need to stop trying to make people see your opinions as facts! SF is one the more in demands position in basketball because frankly there aren't that many. Spain ,you are right don't have many sf,pure sf but pelekanos would not in my opinion start for Spain,I don't think he would make the squad,this is not saying Pelekanos is rubbish,before you misinterpret my words.Spain can play Rubio,Navarro,Fernandez. if they wanted a bigger sized back 3 then they would need to bring in mumbru or Claver which I don't think are anywhere near the standard of the rest of spain squad.I think Suarez from Estudiantes would be a better SF for Spain.I also think suarez is and if not will be better than pelekanos.
    As for you saying you better hope pelekanos and vasiliedis are not in the greek squad for the world champs,I don't know why. My country doesn't take part so I couldn't care less who wins,infact i like greece.If pelekanos is the best defender and vasiliedis is a near god for you then there is no doubt that they will be in the squad surely! yannakis is not that dumb is he?unless you overrate them.
    Well Kazlauaskas is Greece's coach. And he said that this last summer at EuroBasket he did not invite Pelekanos and Vasileiadis to the team because he did not know anything about them.

Decent playground baller

And why would Calathes and Vasilopoulos make Greece's team? I don't think they will. Calathes is a great passer and creator but he can't shoot at all and his defense is too weak. There are also numerous Greek point guards that are better than him like for example Charalambidis, Papamakrios, Batis. Also Zisis can't play as a two guard, he's a pure PG so he should be the third guard and not Calathes, since Zisis is way better than Calathes.

Vasilopoulos is tremendously athletic and an amazing defender. He's big, versatile and a great outside shooter, but he can't dribble and he can't do anything on offense but shoot. He's like the Greek Battier. Vasileiadis, Pelekanos, Kaimaoglou, and Perperoglou would probably all be ahead of him on Greece's depth chart because they are more complete players.

Why would Mavroeidis not make it on Greece's team? He's one of the best centers in the Euroleague. There is no way Calathes should be on Greece's roster if there are not a bunch of injuries.

And in case you were unaware Pau said he is not playing this summer. Also, Navarro said he won't play if Pau does not play. So basically Spain's roster will be much weaker than the one you posted, and Greece's will be considerably stronger than the one you posted.

And for Spain they should not have players like Suarez and Claver in their team. Not good enough for their A team IMO.
    Neither Navarro nor Gasol said they wouldnt play...

Banned

Neither Navarro nor Gasol said they wouldnt play...
    Gasol said it is virtually almost for certain that he will NOT play. Navarro also said that if Pau does not play that he will not play. With that being said I would not be surprised at all if Diamantidis does not play either.

Decent playground baller

Gasol said it is virtually almost for certain that he will NOT play. Navarro also said that if Pau does not play that he will not play. With that being said I would not be surprised at all if Diamantidis does not play either.
    Copy and paste where Navarro said that

Banned

Copy and paste where Navarro said that
    He said it in an interview I saw. I didn't read it, but I am sure you can find it from one of the Spaniards here.

Banned

The "joke scrub of a player" Vasileiadis got ACB MVP of the week again.