Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #16
Butters
Speed Demon
 
Butters's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,434
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Travelling,double dribble,carry,can all go.

There is no point to a rule every player breaks every game and is never called.

Thats right,i said it.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains
 
Sonic R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Detroit…
Posts: 3,701
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive
No, because none of it actually happened

ROFL!
Too funny…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
shlver
코비=GOAT
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,366
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti
I hate it when someone throws up an airball 24 second violation and it's called a turnover/dead ball even if there is a defensive rebound. Stopping play robs them of any fast break opportunity.
^This
Stupidest **** in basketball...
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
dwermlakers24
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 15
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

i believe it might just be the defensive 3 seconds in the lane rule...and the opposing team even gets a technical free throw.. i am just not in favor of this rule.
dwermlakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
DanielC
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
LOL @ C-webb

Seriously though, is this his career defining moment?
It is his defining moment. Gave UNC the W
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,214
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

I really hate the rule that Stern implemented just this year.

Section 24L. "Lebron James cannot got to the rim without a foul being called. If the shoulder is lowered, knocking the defender over, it will be called a block. Only if he elbows the defender in the face will an offensive foul ever be called."

I really hate this one. They experimented with this rule back in the '07 ECF vs the Pistons. Apparently they thought it was a success, even though the Cavs/Spurs Finals was the worst in NBA history with the worst ratings in Finals history.

Stern
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #22
Sonics4Life
Decent playground baller
 
Sonics4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 331
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

i really hate the taunting technical fouls. let the players taunt and celebrate a bit after a big dunk/block/shot. it's getting crazy when Dwight Howard just glances at a guy on the ground and gets a T (that was rescinded but still counted in the game).

remember the good ol days when you could do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI


also i hate all the ticky tack bullsh*t bump foul calls. basketball is a contact sport. bring back the handcheck on the perimeter and don't call a T every time a guy plays with a little emotion. these playoffs have been ridiculous with those whistle-happy refs.
Sonics4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #23
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten
 
Lamar Doom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 6,744
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

I think the dumbest rule is that the shotclock gets reset to 14 on a kicked ball. a kicked ball is a deflection and a GOOD THING to do if you're the defense, why should you be penalized?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #24
cdbleb
...
 
cdbleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 461
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics4Life
i really hate the taunting technical fouls. let the players taunt and celebrate a bit after a big dunk/block/shot. it's getting crazy when Dwight Howard just glances at a guy on the ground and gets a T (that was rescinded but still counted in the game).

remember the good ol days when you could do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI


I knew it was going to be Shawn Kemp. That had to be the most embarrassing moment of Listers career, especially considering that it gets replayed on every "posterized" type video ever made for the NBA. Another thing I miss is the Mutombo finger wave, its just not the same without seeing it aimed right at the guy who just got rejected.
cdbleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
Sonics4Life
Decent playground baller
 
Sonics4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 331
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I think the dumbest rule is that the shotclock gets reset to 14 on a kicked ball. a kicked ball is a deflection and a GOOD THING to do if you're the defense, why should you be penalized?

this ain't soccer. real men use their hands!!!
Sonics4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #26
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,214
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I think the dumbest rule is that the shotclock gets reset to 14 on a kicked ball. a kicked ball is a deflection and a GOOD THING to do if you're the defense, why should you be penalized?

False. Kicking a ball is illegal, which is why it's a violation.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #27
fefe
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 929
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

The dumbest rule is "offensive interference" or whatever they call offensive goaltending.

It's so stupid, it doesn't even exist in FIBA.

Basically it means that if you tip in a ball that would be going in anyway, the basket will not count. How does that make any sense?

Especially in the NBA, where every rule is created to make the game more enjoyable for the fans.
Offensive goaltending putbacks and alley-oops are highlight plays. Why on earth does the NBA disallow them?
fefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #28
tastystaci
Local High School Star
 
tastystaci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,214
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefe
The dumbest rule is "offensive interference" or whatever they call offensive goaltending.

It's so stupid, it doesn't even exist in FIBA.

Basically it means that if you tip in a ball that would be going in anyway, the basket will not count. How does that make any sense?

Especially in the NBA, where every rule is created to make the game more enjoyable for the fans.
Offensive goaltending putbacks and alley-oops are highlight plays. Why on earth does the NBA disallow them?

Maybe because the offense could just tip in any ball rolling around/near the rim while the defense would have to sit back and let them. Or are you actually suggesting they get rid of goaltending all together. Either way, fail. Watch FIBA if you like goaltending so much.
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #29
fefe
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 929
Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastystaci
Maybe because the offense could just tip in any ball rolling around/near the rim while the defense would have to sit back and let them. Or are you actually suggesting they get rid of goaltending all together. Either way, fail. Watch FIBA if you like goaltending so much.

have you ever heard of closeouts and positioning for rebounds? vow...
did you know that the defensive team has a better position to grab rebounds than the offensive team?

I do watch FIBA and NBA too, and i'm telling you that offensive interference is a stupid rule, that doesn't make any sense.
You are the one who watches only NBA and no FIBA, so you can not even compare...

What is your problem with the offense tipping in any ball rolling around the rim???
haven't you noticed that the NBA tries to do everything it can to make scoring easier for the offensive team??

please man, think before you post...
fefe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy