Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #16
Butters
Speed Demon

Default Re: Most stupid NBA rule

Travelling,double dribble,carry,can all go.

There is no point to a rule every player breaks every game and is never called.

Thats right,i said it.
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive
No, because none of it actually happened

ROFL!
Too funny…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
shlver
코비=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arti
I hate it when someone throws up an airball 24 second violation and it's called a turnover/dead ball even if there is a defensive rebound. Stopping play robs them of any fast break opportunity.
^This
Stupidest **** in basketball...
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #19
dwermlakers24
Saw a basketball once

i believe it might just be the defensive 3 seconds in the lane rule...and the opposing team even gets a technical free throw.. i am just not in favor of this rule.
dwermlakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #20
DanielC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
LOL @ C-webb

Seriously though, is this his career defining moment?
It is his defining moment. Gave UNC the W
Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 PM   #21
tastystaci
Local High School Star

I really hate the rule that Stern implemented just this year.

Section 24L. "Lebron James cannot got to the rim without a foul being called. If the shoulder is lowered, knocking the defender over, it will be called a block. Only if he elbows the defender in the face will an offensive foul ever be called."

I really hate this one. They experimented with this rule back in the '07 ECF vs the Pistons. Apparently they thought it was a success, even though the Cavs/Spurs Finals was the worst in NBA history with the worst ratings in Finals history.

Stern
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #22
Sonics4Life
Decent playground baller

i really hate the taunting technical fouls. let the players taunt and celebrate a bit after a big dunk/block/shot. it's getting crazy when Dwight Howard just glances at a guy on the ground and gets a T (that was rescinded but still counted in the game).

remember the good ol days when you could do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI

also i hate all the ticky tack bullsh*t bump foul calls. basketball is a contact sport. bring back the handcheck on the perimeter and don't call a T every time a guy plays with a little emotion. these playoffs have been ridiculous with those whistle-happy refs.
Sonics4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #23
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

I think the dumbest rule is that the shotclock gets reset to 14 on a kicked ball. a kicked ball is a deflection and a GOOD THING to do if you're the defense, why should you be penalized?
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #24
cdbleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics4Life
i really hate the taunting technical fouls. let the players taunt and celebrate a bit after a big dunk/block/shot. it's getting crazy when Dwight Howard just glances at a guy on the ground and gets a T (that was rescinded but still counted in the game).

remember the good ol days when you could do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_PzNsUotVI

I knew it was going to be Shawn Kemp. That had to be the most embarrassing moment of Listers career, especially considering that it gets replayed on every "posterized" type video ever made for the NBA. Another thing I miss is the Mutombo finger wave, its just not the same without seeing it aimed right at the guy who just got rejected.
cdbleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
Sonics4Life
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I think the dumbest rule is that the shotclock gets reset to 14 on a kicked ball. a kicked ball is a deflection and a GOOD THING to do if you're the defense, why should you be penalized?

this ain't soccer. real men use their hands!!!
Sonics4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #26
tastystaci
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom

False. Kicking a ball is illegal, which is why it's a violation.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #27
fefe
Good High School Starter

The dumbest rule is "offensive interference" or whatever they call offensive goaltending.

It's so stupid, it doesn't even exist in FIBA.

Basically it means that if you tip in a ball that would be going in anyway, the basket will not count. How does that make any sense?

Especially in the NBA, where every rule is created to make the game more enjoyable for the fans.
Offensive goaltending putbacks and alley-oops are highlight plays. Why on earth does the NBA disallow them?
fefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #28
tastystaci
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fefe
The dumbest rule is "offensive interference" or whatever they call offensive goaltending.

It's so stupid, it doesn't even exist in FIBA.

Basically it means that if you tip in a ball that would be going in anyway, the basket will not count. How does that make any sense?

Especially in the NBA, where every rule is created to make the game more enjoyable for the fans.
Offensive goaltending putbacks and alley-oops are highlight plays. Why on earth does the NBA disallow them?

Maybe because the offense could just tip in any ball rolling around/near the rim while the defense would have to sit back and let them. Or are you actually suggesting they get rid of goaltending all together. Either way, fail. Watch FIBA if you like goaltending so much.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #29
fefe
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastystaci
Maybe because the offense could just tip in any ball rolling around/near the rim while the defense would have to sit back and let them. Or are you actually suggesting they get rid of goaltending all together. Either way, fail. Watch FIBA if you like goaltending so much.

have you ever heard of closeouts and positioning for rebounds? vow...
did you know that the defensive team has a better position to grab rebounds than the offensive team?

I do watch FIBA and NBA too, and i'm telling you that offensive interference is a stupid rule, that doesn't make any sense.
You are the one who watches only NBA and no FIBA, so you can not even compare...

What is your problem with the offense tipping in any ball rolling around the rim???
haven't you noticed that the NBA tries to do everything it can to make scoring easier for the offensive team??

please man, think before you post...
fefe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: