Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #31
NoGunzJustSkillz

Default Re: Who would be the favorites in a Lakers-Magic Finals showdown?

in vegas la will be the favs.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #32
All Net

If Magic had Nelson then this series could well go 7 games but he won' be healthly so lakers will be the favourites by many in 6 games but if Orlando are on fire from three they could cause an upset no doubt.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #33
RocketGreatness
Banned

Probably Lakers. Magic are not going to have Jameer Nelson playing with them who's pretty much the Laker killer especially this season. Not to mention when the Lakers were playing the Magic during the season they were starting Vlad and Luke Walton at small forward in each game instead of Trevor Ariza. They also didn't even have Shannon Brown at that time. Gasol's going to need touches for the Lakers to dominate the Magic though. Kobe also shot more than 25+ FGA against the Magic.
RocketGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #34
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
Probably Lakers. Magic are not going to have Jameer Nelson playing with them who's pretty much the Laker killer especially this season. Not to mention when the Lakers were playing the Magic during the season they were starting Vlad and Luke Walton at small forward in each game instead of Trevor Ariza. They also didn't even have Shannon Brown at that time. Gasol's going to need touches for the Lakers to dominate the Magic though. Kobe also shot more than 25+ FGA against the Magic.
no probably about it, it is def gonna be the lakers who are favored. cavs were favored by -500 against the magic. i expect a similiar line for lakers/magic.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #35
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

Lakers will be the favorites as they have HCA and a better team. Regular season is meaningless come playoff time. The Lakers killed the Rockets 4-0 regular season but got pushed to 7 games in the playoffs. Melo shot 29% against the Lakers regular season but lit them up most the 6 game series averaging 28 ppg. I could keep going...

Lakers cant stop Howard but we have enough big guys to throw at him including Mbenga and even Powell if needed for fouls. I dont think Howard will be nearly as effective with two 7 footers in and around the paint with him. Magic dont have anyone who can stop Kobe and all you have to do is look at this last series to know thats a very bad thing.

Bottom line is if the Lakers can hold Howard under or around 30, defend the perimeter and limit transition baskets, they should take this in 5-6 games.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #36
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Magic in 5. This team is quite similar to the 2003-2004 Pistons, only with a worse head coach. I can see the Magic blow out the Lakers in game 3 and game 5 to win their first NBA title at home.

Says the useless Laker hater who picked Houston and Denver to win in 5 as well Remind me never to go to Vegas with your loser ass
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #37
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Magic in 5. This team is quite similar to the 2003-2004 Pistons, only with a worse head coach. I can see the Magic blow out the Lakers in game 3 and game 5 to win their first NBA title at home.
WHAT?

Did you forget that team's defense? Magic have nothing on that Piston defense.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #38
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Magic will win in seven games.

The Lakers just don't look like a team that are mentally tough enough to win the NBA Championship.

They all basically takes games off (including Kobe) and the only time I notice Pau, Ariza and Odom get up for games is when Kobe is yelling at them.

I've loved what I've seen from the Magic and Stan Van Gundy. They've made great adjustments between games all playoffs long and they are also a match up problem for the Lakers.

Sure Ariza can cover Hedo or Rashard, but so can LeBron. Just like LeBron in the Cavs series, Ariza can't cover both guys. Pau isn't quick enough to guard the other and Kobe isn't big enough, plus if Kobe leaves Lee, Lee can easily get hot and burn the Lakers as easily as Hedo or Rashard can. Plus, Ariza is on the bench now, Odom is too lazy to chase around Hedo or Rashard Lewis although he could cut off the lanes for Hedo's pull up mid range shot.

Andrew Bynum hasn't shown anything to me this post season to say that he won't be in foul trouble against D-12. Pau will get abused because he's soft and not strong enough to contend down low with Howard.

These are also the same reasons why the Magic swept the season series.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #39
7sense
Saw a basketball once

Lakers
7sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #40
oh the horror
NBA Legend

I see a lot of Laker fans underestimating the Magic here.

Make no mistake, Orlando has the capabilities to take out LA, and handily.

This is going to be a massively tough series.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #41
Foster5k
NBA lottery pick

Lakers will beat both the Cavs and Magic in 6.. but I'll say 7.

Three headed monster - Kobe, Gasol, Odom

If Odom plays anything like he did in game 6, versus the Nuggets, they can't lose.

Throw in Ariza playing good. Bynum might have a great series.. Sasha might knock down some key 3s.. and Brown... and Luke?.. yeah Lakers got this. If they do lose, it's their own fault, they have the pieces to win a championship this year, no doubt.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #42
Son_of_Prince
Saw a basketball once

It will be a very even series but Lakers will be the favorites because of the home court.
Son_of_Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #43
Killbot
Banned

Favorites would probably be the Lakers, but I think the Magic will pull out the victory, if they advance to the Finals.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: