Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

Default Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!

Hubie Brown holds players to the proper standard while holding the legacy of previous legends to the proper standard. You gotta love the way he always mentions Michael Jordan and Oscar Robertson whenever LeBron James does something amazing. Hubie Brown's ability to keep historical perspective in today's media is hard to find.

Hubie Brown also analyzes the play on the court like no other. I also like Mike "the Czar of the telestrator" Fratello's abillity to dissect the action on the court but I think the combination of keeping historical perspective and the ability to dissect the action on the court puts Hubie Brown at the top.

Hubie also has such an easy to understand type style that he's able to educate the young fans on what to look for.

In today's hype driven sports media a Hubie Brown is hard to find. He's the polar opposite of the idiot Mark Jackson.
bruceblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Hubie Brown Is The Best In-game Analyst In The Nba!!! Period!

I don't mind any announcers in particular but I do like Hubie a bit more than most. He talks a lot about in game stuff moreso than other announcers and it comes off as if he's coaching.

But I don't mind Reggie Miller or Mark Jackson b/c there are a lot of times where you can tell that the refs made a crappy call and they point it out.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I prefer Van Gundy.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
I don't mind any announcers in particular but I do like Hubie a bit more than most. He talks a lot about in game stuff moreso than other announcers and it comes off as if he's coaching.

But I don't mind Reggie Miller or Mark Jackson b/c there are a lot of times where you can tell that the refs made a crappy call and they point it out.
OH, so your reason for wanting to keep Mark Jackson's dumbass around is because he calls out refs? Lame.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I prefer Van Gundy.
So you prefer stupidity over substance.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceblitz
So you prefer stupidity over substance.

Pretty much.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
indiefan23
Local High School Star

Quote:
Hubie Brown holds players to the proper standard while holding the legacy of previous legends to the proper standard. You gotta love the way he always mentions Michael Jordan and Oscar Robertson whenever LeBron James does something amazing. Hubie Brown's ability to keep historical perspective in today's media is hard to find.

Hubie Brown also analyzes the play on the court like no other. I also like Mike "the Czar of the telestrator" Fratello's abillity to dissect the action on the court but I think the combination of keeping historical perspective and the ability to dissect the action on the court puts Hubie Brown at the top.

Hubie also has such an easy to understand type style that he's able to educate the young fans on what to look for.

In today's hype driven sports media a Hubie Brown is hard to find. He's the polar opposite of the idiot Mark Jackson.

Except that Lebron would own the Big O if they played eachother. Its pretty obvious.
indiefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
bruceblitz
blitzsportsnetwork.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefan23
Except that Lebron would own the Big O if they played eachother. Its pretty obvious.
Why do you people always do this? You drive me crazy!

FACTS:
IF BIG O WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS LEBRON HE WOULD BE BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER, AND MORE ATHLETIC.

IF LEBRON WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS THE BIG O HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE A BASKETBALL PLAYER, LEBRON WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE MICHAEL JORDAN'S OF THE WORLD TO INSPIRE HIM TO BECOME A BASKETBALL PLAYER. LEBRON MORE LIKELY WOULD HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY JIM BROWN AND BECOME A FOOTBALL PLAYER OR MUHAMMAD ALI AND BECOME A BOXER.

Comparing players cross-eras is ridiculous. Disreguarding one of the best post scoring guards of all time is also ridiculous.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
konex
NBA All-star

He was on Rome's show the other day breaking down Magic/Cavs and it was tremendous...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
sixerfan82
College star

Hubie Brown is probably the saving grace for commentators.

Mike Brien, and some of the other commentators that are they simply to make fantastic calls do an ok job IMO. But Van Gundy and Jackson say the most stupid of **** sometimes

They fight too much on mic and generally sound like 2 bickering children half the time.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Quote:
Why do you people always do this? You drive me crazy!

FACTS:
IF BIG O WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS LEBRON HE WOULD BE BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER, AND MORE ATHLETIC.

IF LEBRON WAS BORN THE SAME YEAR AS THE BIG O HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE A BASKETBALL PLAYER, LEBRON WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE MICHAEL JORDAN'S OF THE WORLD TO INSPIRE HIM TO BECOME A BASKETBALL PLAYER. LEBRON MORE LIKELY WOULD HAVE BEEN INSPIRED BY JIM BROWN AND BECOME A FOOTBALL PLAYER OR MUHAMMAD ALI AND BECOME A BOXER.

Comparing players cross-eras is ridiculous. Disreguarding one of the best post scoring guards of all time is also ridiculous.

You having me on ignore is probably a good thing. That way you wont see how much of an idiot I think you are. Where the hell do you even get that logic from? The only reason LBJ plays ball is because of Jordan? Dude, you could probably be arrested for this type of fetish behavior.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
Vragrant
Decent college freshman

Hubie is the best. He just focuses on the game and what each team is doing or not doing correctly. He is very unbiased, and you can tell he just likes watching good basketball. Plus he even gets excited when he sees a huge play.

Doug Collins is great too.

Van Gundy, Jackson are biased and sensationalistic which for me detracts from the viewing experience.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #13
BRabbiT

HB is one of the best to ever do it. Doug Collins is a perfect example. He knows so much that he often sounds annoyed when players don't do things "correctly".

Brown is the opposite. He seems to appreciate that round pegs don't fit in square holes. He must notice all kinds of mistakes. Yet, keeps his focus on more interesting aspects of the game he's watching.

he deserves more appreciation
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
D-Rose
Da Mavs

Hubie and Fratello are my favorites.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
Masterz313
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT
HB is one of the best to ever do it. Doug Collins is a perfect example. He knows so much that he often sounds annoyed when players don't do things "correctly".

Brown is the opposite. He seems to appreciate that round pegs don't fit in square holes. He must notice all kinds of mistakes. Yet, keeps his focus on more interesting aspects of the game he's watching.

he deserves more appreciation

by far the best. brings such a refreshing perspective without the annoyance you mention with collins, and i feel like also with JVG.

wish hubie called every pro game. marv albert or gus johnson on play by play if im making the rules too.
Masterz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: