Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Obama is First President Ever to Not See Single Year of 3% GDP Growth

The rate of real economic growth is the single greatest determinate of both America’s strength as a nation and the well-being of the American people. On Thursday the Commerce Department announced that the US economy expanded at the slowest pace in two years. GDP growth rose at an anemic 0.5% rate after a paltry 1.4% fourth quarter advance. Ronald Reagan brought forth an annual real GDP growth of 3.5%. Barack Obama will be lucky to average a 1.55% GDP growth rate. This ranks Obama as the fourth worst presidency on record. Barack Obama will be the only U.S. president in history who did not deliver a single year of 3.0%+ economic growth.
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016...le-year-3-gdp/

Default Re: Obama is First President Ever to Not See Single Year of 3% GDP Growth

Talk about cherry picking.

Banned

Default Re: Obama is First President Ever to Not See Single Year of 3% GDP Growth

Quote Originally Posted by I know you are
    Talk about cherry picking.

Which stat did I cherry pick?

Those stats are very important.

-Slowest pace in history. 2 years. Which is half the term of a presidency.

-Percent of economic growth for a President.

There is no cherry picking. It's like saying points per game is cherry picking.

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Two words

Double Ya

I'd blame your financial system, banks, real estate, and auto industry first.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I'd blame your financial system, banks, real estate, and auto industry first.
    We're working on it.

Something that Trump has addressed that nobody wants to bring up.

Banned

Weak

Hold this L, Flopbama STANS

I'm down with HRC

Ronald Reagan brought forth

Only took him 8 years.

I assumed he was one of the worst economic presidents before now.

For someone who had absolutely nothing to run on but 'hope and change', the only thing we've done is double our debt. And now the world laughs at us.

That's this presidency in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Which stat did I cherry pick?

Those stats are very important.

-Slowest pace in history. 2 years. Which is half the term of a presidency.

-Percent of economic growth for a President.

There is no cherry picking. It's like saying points per game is cherry picking.
    No, it is like saying Carmelo Anthony is a better basketball player than Duncan because Duncan never led the league in scoring and has a lower career scoring average. There is more to the game of basketball and there is more to being a good president.

I'm down with HRC

ProTip. Never quote "the dumbest man on the internet."

Also what was GDP under Hoover? He was a president wasn't he?

Since we just lived through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, perhaps you can tell me what was the GDP numbers under Hoover.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    ProTip. Never quote "the dumbest man on the internet."

Also what was GDP under Hoover? He was a president wasn't he?

Since we just lived through the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, perhaps you can tell me what was the GDP numbers under Hoover.
    According to: http://useconomy.about.com/od/GDP-by...DP-History.htm

1929: NA (stock market crashed this year)
    1930: -8.5
    1931: -6.4
    1932: -12.9

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

My favorite are the people that wasted 200k on an art degree from Syracuse. You gotta sell a lot of shit to pay that off. I took some classes and couldn't quite figure out why people paid for it. Not a whole lot of Rembrandts in there lemme tell you.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    My favorite are the people that wasted 200k on an art degree from Syracuse. You gotta sell a lot of shit to pay that off. I took some classes and couldn't quite figure out why people paid for it. Not a whole lot of Rembrandts in there lemme tell you.
    Says the unemployed shit poster

I'm down with HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kerry
    According to: http://useconomy.about.com/od/GDP-by...DP-History.htm

1929: NA (stock market crashed this year)
    1930: -8.5
    1931: -6.4
    1932: -12.9
    Yeah, seems like this might be worse.

Also even though we don't have data, there were several multiyear recessions before the great Depression including several that lasted more than 4 years.