Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #31
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN

Default Re: McDonald's workers in Denmark make 20 am hour but big Mac price nearly same

Wants his son to be homosexual, calls other people dumb. Lol ^^^^
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #32
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Default Re: McDonald's workers in Denmark make 20 am hour but big Mac price nearly same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
right wingers are so incredibly dumb, they go balls deep defending capitalism when they don't have a ****ing clue what capitalism is.

McDonalds workers are part of a corporation that makes 3 billions of profit every 3 months, WHO DA **** CARES THEY DON'T HAVE DIPLOMAS!

How much revenue do public schools do? THIS IS ****ING CAPITALISM, if you work on some corporation that makes MORE money you should be paid MORE.

But right wingers retards are the first in line against raises when it goes 100% against what capitalism is all about.

Seriously i would prefer my son to turn out gay then be a right winger.
Who is arguing about raises? Are you in the wrong thread?
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #33
SunsN07BookIt
Good High School Starter

2 pages and not one mention of the fact that Denmark's corporate tax rate is 23%(going down to 22% in 2016) while the the US's is 39%-55.9%. Denmark's payroll tax is also only 8% while the US payroll tax can be as high as 15+% for the big companies. Hmm I wonder if that might have anything to do with them being able to pay the workers more and not raise prices. But don't think the Denmark government is getting cheated out of taxes. The MINIMUM *individual tax rate is 46% after the first $7700(USD eq), so you ain't keeping that whole $20 hour bra. Oh yeah, did anyone mention that Big Mac has a 25% sales tax added on top of it.....

If you think McDonald's can pay workers the same as Denmark without raising prices or restructuring the corporate and payroll tax rate then I have a question?

*edit: sorry left that part out

Last edited by SunsN07BookIt : 09-12-2014 at 11:02 PM.
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 PM   #34
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
I didn't say no safety net. Just, you can't collect welfare if you have a job. This is exactly why McDonald's and Wal-mart are paying just exactly enough that their employees can collect from the government.

That needs to end. Tell these corporations "no more handouts. You wanna stay in business? Pay your employees out of your own pocket. You gotta spend money to make money. No workers, no business."

But would it work that way? Around the world when this has happened it only results in low paid workers with no benefits at all and no government safety net. This is why Latin America got fed up with it and embraced the pink tide and now quality of life has increase there.

Quote:
Sure there is. Right now, the system is based on corporations sponsoring politicians that will keep the policies that enable their market rigging in place. In an actual free market, there is no benefit to a corporation sponsoring one candidate over another. Government tampering with the market is exactly what gives corporations a vested interest in sponsoring the candidates that uphold the market tampering practices.

You are right in a true free market the government can't interfere with the market... But America once was like this where the government couldn't interfere with the market... And slowly but surely the big banks and corporations especially the federal Reserve bought off the politicians and the politicians started to abuse their powers in the interest of the corporations and banks. Money buys control even if it requires people to go against their countries laws to abuse power.

Also making it worse we have a private media that manipulates everyone's thoughts and it is owned by billionaires with an agenda. The big banking families that started the federal Reserve won the public over by buying the media, brainwashing everyone, and launching Woodrow Wilson to power who then created the federal reserve.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #35
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secund2nun
But would it work that way? Around the world when this has happened it only results in low paid workers with no benefits at all and no government safety net. This is why Latin America got fed up with it and embraced the pink tide and now quality of life has increase there.

You are right in a true free market the government can't interfere with the market... But America once was like this where the government couldn't interfere with the market... And slowly but surely the big banks and corporations especially the federal Reserve bought off the politicians and the politicians started to abuse their powers in the interest of the corporations and banks. Money buys control even if it requires people to go against their countries laws to abuse power.

Also making it worse we have a private media that manipulates everyone's thoughts and it is owned by billionaires with an agenda. The big banking families that started the federal Reserve won the public over by buying the media, brainwashing everyone, and launching Woodrow Wilson to power who then created the federal reserve.
There is one fail safe, cure all solution. What is it?

The public actually paying attention. Who people vote for is really all tht matters. Unfortunately, people don't seem to really care about corruption. There's no downside to being a corporate owned politician. The public isn't paying attention, so they won't even know that you work for (insert corporation) instead the public.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #36
cuad
kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Unions are corrupt and greedy. Corporations should be left unchallenged since they make the best decisions for their employees.
Agreed 100%. That's what I love about America.

cuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #37
Rizko
Celtics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Sadly in America nowadays it's "every man for himself". People don't realize they are part of society, too busy fighting among themselves on racial or social issues while the guys up top just laugh and watch the wealth/income inequality grow.
Exactly. What you guys fail to recognize is the fact that the labor force is needed just as much as the employer to make the money. Its a fallacy that's been perpetuated in modern America that the laborer has no value in comparison to the corp they work for.

When I worked at a relatively slow McDicks I saw a financial statement. They paid non management employees 14 grand in a week. 10 grand to management employees and 20 grand in overhead. that's 44 grand. They pulled in 64 grand. meaning 20 grand when up to corporate. This McDonalds was part of a chain in my area that included like 6 others. So if we assume everything to be the same that means corp. gets 120k in profit per week.

I have no problem with them making money but the issue is that by keeping so much money at the top it leads to worker apathy, more waste, less quality, and creates further social problems.

If people refer back to there econ 101 classes I'm sure you guys talked about the concept of a liquidity trap. This was an issue during the great depression. When people would remove money from the banks and hoard instead of letting it circulate. It was because of this the social welfare programs we see today were created. The economy works by the movement of money between parties and the more money the lower class has the more that can be spent as spread throughout the rest of the economy. Leading to rising profits in the long term for the people at the top, due to the fact they can reasonably raise prices without hurting there sales figures.

Essentially I think a big issue in the modern economy is that we are experience another form of a liquidity trap. This time instead of it not being in banks is stashed in the hands of the ultra wealthy of the country. If you have 1 million youll spend more then if you had 100K, just like if you had 10 mil you spend more then if you had 1, but at a certain point you reach a saturation point where the more money you make itll just be collecting up. Is someone that has 10 bil gonna spend less then if they had 20 bil? Now the issue is finding where that saturation point is.

Another issue is that even if you don't think much of a McDicks employee they are in the same level as you. Even if you work in middle management in a big company you are just a cog in a machine. So by degrading the mcdonalds employee your also in turn devaluing yourself and essentially making the proposition that low level employees are easily replaceable and not worth the economic investment from the company's owners. Instead all people in the low level postions should be fighting together to get real play across the board because they are you and you are them. Unless your a CEO your interests should lie with the lower level employees who are at the same basic level of you. Even if your at a better job and have a degree and advanced a few spots in your job and make 100k, your still closer to the mcdonalds grill guy then you are to the CEO of your company and unless all the working class employees stand up and demand to stop the mistreatment we experience this cycle will continue perpetually.

Now this does need to be within reason. No one says a McDonalds employee needs to make 30 or 40 and hour, but would 12 be that outrageous? We are just as much a part of the profits the company derives as the CEOs are. You can say without the CEO the company would fail but without the low level employee that company would fail too. While we are more replaceable it isn't to the extent that company's make it seem, within reason because obviously anyone could figure out how to work at McDonalds, tho the speed of the job is vastly underrated, when I worked there we had to make orders with 30 secs or less, which sounds easy but your getting a lot of 4 or 5 sandwich orders along with nugs and shit so it requires more thought and more effort then people are willing to admit. This is due to the fact that we've been indoctrinated into believing anyone working an unsavory job is essentially worthless and were above them, when really were close to the same level all things considered. Also if we created a more balanced pay system social welfare programs wouldn't need to be as far reaching as they are now and they would have more money to work with as well.

Just my thoughts on the issue. I was rambling and IDK if it all makes sense. Im sure someone will call me out for being dumb and I wont disagree. I'm not a trained economist. I would like someone like Jailblazers to read over this tho and give me there 2 cents on the issue.
Rizko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #38
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizko
Exactly. What you guys fail to recognize is the fact that the labor force is needed just as much as the employer to make the money. Its a fallacy that's been perpetuated in modern America that the laborer has no value in comparison to the corp they work for.

When I worked at a relatively slow McDicks I saw a financial statement. They paid non management employees 14 grand in a week. 10 grand to management employees and 20 grand in overhead. that's 44 grand. They pulled in 64 grand. meaning 20 grand when up to corporate. This McDonalds was part of a chain in my area that included like 6 others. So if we assume everything to be the same that means corp. gets 120k in profit per week.

I have no problem with them making money but the issue is that by keeping so much money at the top it leads to worker apathy, more waste, less quality, and creates further social problems.

If people refer back to there econ 101 classes I'm sure you guys talked about the concept of a liquidity trap. This was an issue during the great depression. When people would remove money from the banks and hoard instead of letting it circulate. It was because of this the social welfare programs we see today were created. The economy works by the movement of money between parties and the more money the lower class has the more that can be spent as spread throughout the rest of the economy. Leading to rising profits in the long term for the people at the top, due to the fact they can reasonably raise prices without hurting there sales figures.

Essentially I think a big issue in the modern economy is that we are experience another form of a liquidity trap. This time instead of it not being in banks is stashed in the hands of the ultra wealthy of the country. If you have 1 million youll spend more then if you had 100K, just like if you had 10 mil you spend more then if you had 1, but at a certain point you reach a saturation point where the more money you make itll just be collecting up. Is someone that has 10 bil gonna spend less then if they had 20 bil? Now the issue is finding where that saturation point is.

Another issue is that even if you don't think much of a McDicks employee they are in the same level as you. Even if you work in middle management in a big company you are just a cog in a machine. So by degrading the mcdonalds employee your also in turn devaluing yourself and essentially making the proposition that low level employees are easily replaceable and not worth the economic investment from the company's owners. Instead all people in the low level postions should be fighting together to get real play across the board because they are you and you are them. Unless your a CEO your interests should lie with the lower level employees who are at the same basic level of you. Even if your at a better job and have a degree and advanced a few spots in your job and make 100k, your still closer to the mcdonalds grill guy then you are to the CEO of your company and unless all the working class employees stand up and demand to stop the mistreatment we experience this cycle will continue perpetually.

Now this does need to be within reason. No one says a McDonalds employee needs to make 30 or 40 and hour, but would 12 be that outrageous? We are just as much a part of the profits the company derives as the CEOs are. You can say without the CEO the company would fail but without the low level employee that company would fail too. While we are more replaceable it isn't to the extent that company's make it seem, within reason because obviously anyone could figure out how to work at McDonalds, tho the speed of the job is vastly underrated, when I worked there we had to make orders with 30 secs or less, which sounds easy but your getting a lot of 4 or 5 sandwich orders along with nugs and shit so it requires more thought and more effort then people are willing to admit. This is due to the fact that we've been indoctrinated into believing anyone working an unsavory job is essentially worthless and were above them, when really were close to the same level all things considered. Also if we created a more balanced pay system social welfare programs wouldn't need to be as far reaching as they are now and they would have more money to work with as well.

Just my thoughts on the issue. I was rambling and IDK if it all makes sense. Im sure someone will call me out for being dumb and I wont disagree. I'm not a trained economist. I would like someone like Jailblazers to read over this tho and give me there 2 cents on the issue.

Repped even though it won't do much
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:04 AM   #39
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Quote:
They make an average of 28000 thousand after taxes which is double what most American McDonald's workers get before taxes... Plus all of those taxes give the people of Denmark free health care, excellent public transportation, free college etc.

I met a family from Denmark when I was in Istanbul. They seemed so relaxed and have said that the stress of getting a career of your choice without really worrying about the money and all the gov't expenses.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:22 AM   #40
Rizko
Celtics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan

Repped even though it won't do much
Thanks. Im gonna rep you back just for slogging thru that lol.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what I said. Even if you don't completely agree or outright disagree.

Knowledge can only be gained thru hearing oppositional thoughts to your own.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:25 AM   #41
Rizko
Celtics Fan

I suggest people to read up on the veil of opulence. It gets into more specifics about some of the things I was talking about

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...ype=blogs&_r=0

http://www.partiallyexaminedlife.com...l-of-opulence/
Old 09-13-2014, 01:34 AM   #42
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

The problem with raising wages, or raising the minimum wage, is that it mostly effects privately owned mom and pop shops... who already struggle to compete with their corporate counterparts.

While I'm sure a corporation like McDonalds who makes <20k a week can afford to pay their employees $12 an hour... the mom and pop burger joint down the street who makes >5k a week can't.

There have been a lot of good ideas in this thread, but the truth is, it's already way too late for serious change. America is dominated by multi-national corporations, and they won't stop until they own everything, and everyone works for them.

If you're looking for security, you're best bet is to work for a corporation, and climb as high up the ladder and you can. The higher you make it, the less you're being exploited. I would personally NEVER work for a corporation. I've been anti-corporate America for about a decade now, and fortunately have a career where I'm my own boss, and only have to sell myself (service).
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:50 AM   #43
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
While I'm sure a corporation like McDonalds who makes <20k a week can afford to pay their employees $12 an hour... the mom and pop burger joint down the street who makes >5k a week can't.

this argument doesnt really hold up when you look at places with high minimum wage like australia or western european countries. there are plenty of small mom and pop businesses in countries like denmark that manage to pay their employees high wages and get along just fine. its not like giant corporations are taking over europe because they are the only ones who can afford to pay higher labor costs.

Last edited by Nanners : 09-13-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:37 AM   #44
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
If you can't compete, why shouldn't you go out of business?

If the mom&pop burger joint down the street doesn't do enough business because not many people want to go there and buy their products, why shouldn't that business fail?
Old 09-13-2014, 02:42 AM   #45
tomtucker
NBA All-star

Quote:
They make an average of 28000 thousand after taxes which is double what most American McDonald's workers get before taxes... Plus all of those taxes give the people of Denmark free health care, excellent public transportation, free college etc.

right............. but housing, food , etc. is twice as expensive as in the US.....so it comes out about even
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: