Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: why are white people such great shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Hope this doesn't come off as racist, but this is my observation from experience.

White guys usually just shoot when they play eachother, rather than drive and do flashy stuff. My brother pretty much only shot jumpers, so he's a good shooter, but can't do anything in the post and can barely hit contested layups to save his life.

You're basically just good at what you grew up doing most of the time. Black kids tend to like the speedy flashy parts of basketball since it makes you look cool, white guys like the shooting and stuff that helps you actually win the games.

My game looks pretty bad, but I usually win 1v1 and 2v2, because I have good defense, an ugly but good slashing moveset, and can hit jumpers. Pretty much the opposite of the flashy/cool game that some black guys have.

To me though (a white guy), I'd rather win (especially win big) than look good but lose. Of course. . .plenty of black guys have good jumpers too. My friend Lawrence had a badass jumper, good dribbles, good D', good slashing moves, was fast, etc. Whole package pretty much.

Anyway can be good, but that's just my guess as to why the random white guy seems to have the same generic game, just like the random black guy seems to have their same generic game. It's just how they play I guess :P

White guys want to have good dribbles, and black guys want to shoot well, but they just don't do it enough to be good at it.
    So if im half white/black i am legend?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Jason Kidd came into the league with limited shooting ability. Now he sits as one of the top 3-pters made leaders in the league all-time.
    I can't believe this is still being discussed. I mean, c'mon, guys. Unless you're a dumbass who has been living under a rock, you need to realize that race is just a man-made term. The only true race that exists among us is the human race.
    there is scientific proof that western africans have better fast twitch muscles than other ethnicities.

Say what you want, but race is a factor in your physical development.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    White Men Can't Jump
    negged for this post lol..
    thanks un-signed negger..

(I wish I could neg myself for this post

JOHN WALL ALLDAYERRDAY JohnWall2's Avatar

dis thread turned to da wrong direction

Quote Originally Posted by J21
    there is scientific proof that western africans have better fast twitch muscles than other ethnicities.

Pretty much. They also have the ability to train their fast twitch muscles into slow twitch muscles as well so they get the best of both worlds.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Pretty much. They also have the ability to train their fast twitch muscles into slow twitch muscles as well so they get the best of both worlds.

Then they aren't really fast twitch muscles. Fast slow twitch cannot be changed there is a third type that can take on characteristics of the other two. Everybody has this type but some have it more than others. I doubt that this is true with all blacks though because most Americans, white or black have ancestors from all over the world. Genetically speaking there is more difference between a white person with dark hair and a red head than that same white person and someone with dark skin. Its a pointless debate though.

I guess Kenya would be eastern Africa but I would guess that Kenyans would have more slow twitch fibers than others
    Last edited by 01amberfirewv; 02-19-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
    Then they aren't really fast twitch muscles. Fast slow twitch cannot be changed there is a third type that can take on characteristics of the other two. Everybody has this type but some have it more than others. I doubt that this is true with all blacks though because most Americans, white or black have ancestors from all over the world. Genetically speaking there is more difference between a white person with dark hair and a red head than that same white person and someone with dark skin. Its a pointless debate though.

I guess Kenya would be eastern Africa but I would guess that Kenyans would have more slow twitch fibers than others
    Fast twitch muscles can be trained into slow twitch muscles while slow twitch muscles can only remain the same.

Banned

And there is sceintific evidence that the average IQ in Sub-Saharan Africa in about 72......thus, the lack of good black QBs in the NFL? "Say what you want, but race is a factor"....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by northwinds
    And there is sceintific evidence that the average IQ in Sub-Saharan Africa in about 72......thus, the lack of good black QBs in the NFL? "Say what you want, but race is a factor"....LOL
    I don't know what you're talking about, but unless you have something interesting to say, write it down in an articulate and comprehensive way, otherwise, shut the **** up.

Because they have to make up for a lack of leaping ability.

/thread

Banned

I don't know what you're talking about, but unless you have something interesting to say, write it down in an articulate and comprehensive way, otherwise, shut the **** up.
    Dude....you're the one that brought up genetic racial differences, claiming blacks are superior to whites in jumping ability....I just took your argument to its logical end....sorry you can't comprehend a simple paragraph.....that's a "you" problem.

Im white 6'0" tall
    got 38" vertical last time i measured
    yes i can dunk, im fast also

but i would trade all my athleticism for a larry bird stroke
    i put up at least 2000 shots everyday
    nothing beats the sound of swish

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Jason Kidd came into the league with limited shooting ability. Now he sits as one of the top 3-pters made leaders in the league all-time.
    I can't believe this is still being discussed. I mean, c'mon, guys. Unless you're a dumbass who has been living under a rock, you need to realize that race is just a man-made term. The only true race that exists among us is the human race.
    A set shot is different. Jason Kidd still can't make a jump shot, only a set 3. You can get like a million reps a day at those... not that impressive. still have to give him his props for developing one, cus like I said, the chances are low that someone who can't do it coming into the league become effective at it.

Quote Originally Posted by northwinds
    Dude....you're the one that brought up genetic racial differences, claiming blacks are superior to whites in jumping ability....I just took your argument to its logical end....sorry you can't comprehend a simple paragraph.....that's a "you" problem.
    they are. they have more fast twitch muscles

end of discussion. you didn't provide any facts, you just tried to make a weak straw man argument and failed miserably.