Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default PlayStation Meeting 2013

Anyone else watching this tonight (6 p.m est. if i'm not mistaken)?

They'll be presenting the PS4/Orbis (one of the possible names for the new console) and it seems a lot of Sony's 1st party developers will be there (sucker punch, naughty dog, Polyphony Digital, Team ICO).

It's also expected they'll be showcasing the new Gran Turismo, Last Guardian and maybe the new next-gen Final Fantasy, among others.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: PlayStation Meeting 2013

Quote Originally Posted by LexiKhan
    It's also expected they'll be showcasing the new Gran Turismo,
    GT5 was the entire reason I bought a PS3. And it let me down terribly (I actually gave my PS3 to my little sister). I don't know what happened but it was like they didn't play a racing game (specifically Forza 2 and 3) in between development and release. They dropped everything that made the original games awesome and tried to push it in a new and untested direction which made it sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t.

Decent college freshman

I'm glad the next generation of consoles is starting to move forward. No good games coming out for a while because all the developers are anticipating the new systems.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

I hope developers start concentrating on the story more.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    GT5 was the entire reason I bought a PS3. And it let me down terribly (I actually gave my PS3 to my little sister). I don't know what happened but it was like they didn't play a racing game (specifically Forza 2 and 3) in between development and release. They dropped everything that made the original games awesome and tried to push it in a new and untested direction which made it sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t.
    Not to mention the continuous delays upon more delays etc etc etc IMO drained almost all the excitement and anticipation completely out of it. The finished product was trash when you consider how "grand" and "groundbreaking" it was supposed to be.

If Sony is smart this time, they'll have the new PS4 GT game complete and finished on launch date.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Yeah, a lot of the games they showed as launch titles for the PS3 came way too late and were underwhelming (most notably GT5, FFXIII and Tekken 6). That and the 600$ price tag gave them too much of a slow start.

Let's see what they bring this time around.

Hopefully they shoot down some of the more annoying "rumored features" like the required online as DRM, the per month charge, the no used games, the streaming games as a main source of games rather than downloads. These are things i don't like or want.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Hopefully they shoot down some of the more annoying "rumored features" like the required online as DRM, the per month charge, the no used games, the streaming games as a main source of games rather than downloads. These are things i don't like or want.
    Go on niko boi! You tell 'em! You go boi!

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

I actually like the idea of streaming games that were ps3 ones. It saves HDD space, and it should mean cheaper prices for those games. Ideally though, it would be more of a

"Oh you purchased these PS1/2 games or waited to download PS3 games instead of buying them? Let us help you out and give you those for free since you already paid for them (d/l or stream), and buy the ones that you want now to stream"

That said though, if they DRM everything they obviously didn't pay attention to when music piracy was rampant. Because I doubt the Steam Piston could save gaming like iTunes did music.

Using the Piston as an example as a potential savior since M$ and Sony may have their heads up their ass again.
    Last edited by ImmortalNemesis; 02-20-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Go on niko boi! You tell 'em! You go boi!
    and i do want GT5.

if that is the case then I may quit consoles.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

in this economy how many people will have $450-500 (reported cost) lying around to drop on this? Plus you've got to by a game or two..

especially considering the Xbox 720 will be released at a more consumer friendly price.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    in this economy how many people will have $450-500 (reported cost) lying around to drop on this? Plus you've got to by a game or two..

especially considering the Xbox 720 will be released at a more consumer friendly price.
    If the PS3 was $600, and now the PS4 will have a rumored price point of $400-$500 range, then that's Sony's way of saying we're offering an inferior product compared to the PS3, because never in the history of gaming generations from one to the next has a manufacturer *DROPPED* their MSRP on the new generation console from the one before.

Maybe it's just me, but Sony is beginning to look more and more like the next SEGA in the making. Those cocky assholes thought the legacy of the legendary PS2 would carry them into this current generation and dominate hands down compared to Nintendo and Microsoft. LOL, that obviously backfired all over their dumbasses, even despite the 360's notorious hardware flaws.

Sony is in trouble if they don't play all their cards right in this next go 'round.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    If the PS3 was $600, and now the PS4 will have a rumored price point of $400-$500 range, then that's Sony's way of saying we're offering an inferior product compared to the PS3
    I don't think so. That $600 price tag was a huge part of why sony started so slow last generation. They know people won't pay that kind of price, they'll probably end up taking a loss on console sales for a while.

Also the ps3 recently passed the xbox in sales, and while I hope Nintendo does well I worry their WiiU will share the same fate as the Dreamcast.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 02-20-2013 at 02:52 PM.

NBA lottery pick