Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: If Cavs finish with 67-68 wins but fail to win the title..

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    Not at all, they aren't favored to win it all this year. You can only call em chokers if they are up 2-0 or 3-1 and then blow it.

The Lakers are favored to win it all, if they don't win this year, it'll be two years in a row and then people will call them chokers.
    Which will be definitive of the career, the hype, Kobe Bryant.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KobeRules24
    who said they aren't elite homer? i pointed out the truth, they can't beat great teams/good defensive teams consistently. they play bad teams a bunch of times, 9 teams under .500 in the east, only 6 over .500!!!! they are a good team but clearly overrated.

Calling the team with the best record in the NBA "clearly overrated" is a pretty homerific statement.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by c_az_a
    Which will be definitive of the career, the hype, Kobe Bryant.
    i guess that being a top 20 player of all time is all hype

Banned

It all depends on how the Cavs get eliminated(If they do at all). If it's a hard fought 7 Game series, you obviously can't say they choked. If by some chance they happen to get swept in the finals or ECF...you'd still have to look at how close the games were, what LeBron averaged before calling it a choke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Like I said, Cavs take care of business against teams they SHOULD win against. The elite teams though have developed a gameplan to embarrass Lebron (big guys shade over to clog the lane) and shut down the Cavs. Cavs have done nothing except beat up on average teams all season. Unless Lebron finally gets his act together in the playoffs this year, they won't make the finals.
    I wouldn't base everything off lebron playing exponential in the post season to get to the finals alone. Remember, Cavs have been struggling all season with injuries and such to multiple key players.
    Delonte has been marginal since his recovery, pavlovic is still searching for his game, and Mo has been struggling every other game. The only team the Cavs are losing to right now are themselves; barring the winning streak.

If the Cavs can stomach their big games and click just like they do majority of the time they will be fine. Just like how the other ELITES who have beaten them mysteriously give up games to worse teams, makes no sense but they will need to plug their leaks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Calling the team with the best record in the NBA "clearly overrated" is a pretty homerific statement.
    i base my opinions on facts....look at the stats:

Cavs record vs. the next 4 best records in the league (outside of Spurs as TD and Ginobili were injured): 3-6

Lakers are 9-3 against the next best teams (Cavs, Celtics, Spurs, Houston, Magic).

The cavs beat us the crappy teams but dont show up when they play great teams, they are overrated son. give me stats that support your opinion that they are the best team in the league.

Cavs record vs. the next 4 best records in the league (outside of Spurs as TD and Ginobili were injured): 3-6

Lakers are 9-3 against the next best teams (Cavs, Celtics, Spurs, Houston, Magic).

The cavs beat us the crappy teams but dont show up when they play great teams, they are overrated son. give me stats that support your opinion that they are the best team in the league.

how bout the 57-13 record THE ONLY STAT THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS. In the end of the season what matters is your record, not which teams you beat up on and which teams beat up on you.

how bout the 57-13 record THE ONLY STAT THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS. In the end of the season what matters is your record, not which teams you beat up on and which teams beat up on you.
    Cavs are not playing the knicks, bobcats, bucks, or raptors in the postseason. they will have to beat great teams, good luck lmao

Cavs don't necessarily "NOT SHOW UP" just because they lose to elite teams, it's because their game plan is set up to win as many games as possible during the regular season. Obviously it shows they lost very FEW game to the elite teams, but things like that are to be prepped for in the playoffs. Having a winning game plan vs one elite team does not constitute having a game plan vs another. The Cavs are not going to beat the magic the same way they beat the knicks.
    Based on how the cavs use lebron to set up everyone else on the team, it's worked a high % of the time. Just like the elites are smart enough to thwart this strategy, you can't expect the cavs are stupid enough to stay with it come playoffs. Coach Brown has to be working on a solution for denying james entry to the lane to create strategy employed by many teams.

I would never expect playoff intensity to be = reg season intensity. So I expect the Cavs to have answers for how the other elites have delivered the FEW losses the Cavs have. At the same time I expect the other ELITEs to have answers ir/when their current winning gameplan fails

UNLIKE KOBE HOMERS and OTHER D*CKRIDERS I have logic as to how the cavs can and will get to this chip, and I understand fully that they are not invincible and are obviously underrated because of a FEW shortcomings from teams with the same if not MORE shortcomings from worse teams

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

I hope to God that the Cavs don't lose to anyone before the finals in less than 7 games. Not because I like them, or enjoy watching them play, but because I like ISH. And we all know the insane amount of LeBron hate threads would be created if he lost before the finals and didn't take the series to 7 games. Then their would be the defending Lebron threads. Then their would be Kobe>Lebron, then Wade>Lebron, and so on for the entire offseason making ISH a hellhole of unreadable trolls and bullsh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR]

but to actually answer the question...no I don't think it would be considered a choke. The 3 contenders are all pretty evenly matched so it won't be a choke for any team whether it be the Lakers/Cavs/Celtics who win/lose.

Cavs are not playing the knicks, bobcats, bucks, or raptors in the postseason. they will have to beat great teams, good luck lmao

Yeah i guess the cavs are just going to have to struggle and pull through

Lakers are more likely to get knocked out early IMO.

You make no sense, you start a thread talking about the Cavs possibility of being chokers depending on whether or not they win a title and then you make it completely obvious that your only agenda is to make the Lakers look better than the Cavs by belittling the East. Your Lakers are 5-5 against the Eastern playoff teams outside of the Cavs and Celtics.

Its time to get back to reality though, the playoffs are a totally different game. Theres 3 teams this season who are by far favorites to win it all (LA, Cle, and Boston)...The only way one of those teams could be chokers is if A - they get swept in any round, B - Theyre up by 2+ games in a series and lose that series, or C - if they go out in the first 2 rounds.

EDIT: My bad, I misread the first page and I thought Koberules24 started the thread...He was just the guy who turned it into a Lakers debate when it was clearly started questioning the Cavs.
    Last edited by cdbleb; 03-25-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks for admitting it, the western conference is tougher.

I actually believe the lakers, celts, magic can get knocked out earlier since for SOME REASON they seem to F*ck up against the much lesser teams.
    By KobeRules24 Logic, the Cavs only mess up against the elites, so I expect to see them guaranteed in the finals/chip, and the other elites to only have a 60% chance of getting to the finals/chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Automajic23
    Cavs don't necessarily "NOT SHOW UP" just because they lose to elite teams, it's because their game plan is set up to win as many games as possible during the regular season. Obviously it shows they lost very FEW game to the elite teams, but things like that are to be prepped for in the playoffs. Having a winning game plan vs one elite team does not constitute having a game plan vs another. The Cavs are not going to beat the magic the same way they beat the knicks.
    Based on how the cavs use lebron to set up everyone else on the team, it's worked a high % of the time. Just like the elites are smart enough to thwart this strategy, you can't expect the cavs are stupid enough to stay with it come playoffs. Coach Brown has to be working on a solution for denying james entry to the lane to create strategy employed by many teams.

I would never expect playoff intensity to be = reg season intensity. So I expect the Cavs to have answers for how the other elites have delivered the FEW losses the Cavs have. At the same time I expect the other ELITEs to have answers ir/when their current winning gameplan fails

UNLIKE KOBE HOMERS and OTHER D*CKRIDERS I have logic as to how the cavs can and will get to this chip, and I understand fully that they are not invincible and are obviously underrated because of a FEW shortcomings from teams with the same if not MORE shortcomings from worse teams
    dumbest reply of the day