Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-24-2007, 01:19 AM   #16
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Article blaming a certain "10 mins" for game 1's loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
I think Phil just wants to share the minutes between Smush, Farmar, and Shammond... not so much of McKie...

.. I don't know the exact reason why either.

He should give some minutes to Mckie if anybody on the bench, because he is a verteran and a veteran presence is always good during the playoffs. IMO he would be great for leadership and some support, also he needs to get some minutes because he still has something in him.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:23 AM   #17
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
he still has something in him.

We saw a spurt of that "something" toward the end of the season. His defense is a plus, but his offense hasn't been too good.

But we'll see how things go with him....
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Why not McKie? Is he hurt again?

I wish that Smush would learn to foul hard... there were SEVERAL opportunities where Smush could have administered a hard foul (not flagrant) on Barboza, but instead he took girlish swipes at Barboza, with at least one being an AND1 for Barboza.

Smush is not the only reason the Lakers lost this game, but he is a good example of why the Lakers are not over achieving.

I think mckie would have a difficult time keeping up with the up and down offense of the suns. He is a nice veteran presence, maybe against a team like the spurs, but the suns are way too athletic and quick for him. I dont think he would match up well enough against the suns. Only for a few minutes at a time. We cant blame smush for everything but in his limited play, he did hurt them more than help. That 3 to end the 3rd by barbosa...smush was so far from him, barbosa even said he was caught offf guard becasue he had so much space. I agree with you that we need to send him a msg that he isnt allowed into the paint by fouling him hard a few times. He isnt afraid to get in the paint because he barely gets touched. Plus, who else thinks they shouldve pounded the rock into lamar more? He was playing very effectivly but for some reason he stopped getting the ball. I think kobe felt like he had to carry the team but some of his shots were ill advised, long threes especially. I think lamar is our only true advantage against the suns, no one can really handle him in the post, and we need to stop relying on the 3 ball and kobe to take over.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: