No we don't!

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Wisconson next!

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

They didn't look good at all last night. I like your chances

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    They didn't look good at all last night. I like your chances
    Yeah, but you do remember our games against Michigan, Michigan State, Xavier....hopefully we can pull this one out at home. This would be a HUGE win if we get it. Would really help our tournament standing and our confidence.

You guys have looked very poor at times, no doubt about it.Still, Wisconsin is playing on the road and probably won't "get up" for this game like they would against Ohio St. or even a top 25 team for that matter. Your at home, with a hostile crowd, and due for a big win. This may be the only time I ever say this, but Go Illini. A win and Kansas will move up in the polls!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    You guys have looked very poor at times, no doubt about it.Still, Wisconsin is playing on the road and probably won't "get up" for this game like they would against Ohio St. or even a top 25 team for that matter. Your at home, with a hostile crowd, and due for a big win. This may be the only time I ever say this, but Go Illini. A win and Kansas will move up in the polls!
    Ahh, the hidden motive is revealed.

Anyone else watch the game? We were soooooooooooooo close. I really thought we had it. We need to learn to close games and spend some more time practicing our freethrows. Also McBride can ease up on the shooting drills and start learning how to ****in pass the ball. Really frustrating when he turns it over so much. Oh yeah..what the hell happened to Jamar Smith? He couldn't buy a bucket.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

That game broke my heart. Jamar's clearly hurt. He's cheating on running through screens too. He just doesn't have that mobility, looks sluggish to get free.

Shaun Pruitt...man he played big today. Rich McBride? Wow, he's finally playing well, thank God. Warren played Warren's game and I just can't put my finger on Brian. He looks good but then just commits so many bad fouls. Really, how many games has he fouled out of?

This team really needs to learn how to close out games. It seems like since Bradley and Mizzou we've had a tough time doing so. It kills me.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

is illinois even ranked? I dont think they are.

Texas A&M wrecks

Saw a basketball once scotpollardshair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Anyone else watch the game? We were soooooooooooooo close. I really thought we had it. We need to learn to close games and spend some more time practicing our freethrows. Also McBride can ease up on the shooting drills and start learning how to ****in pass the ball. Really frustrating when he turns it over so much. Oh yeah..what the hell happened to Jamar Smith? He couldn't buy a bucket.
    What a game. IMO McBride needs to chill out a bit when passing...But overall it was exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    I already think he was better than Paul Davis. Numbers-wise, or even skillwise? No, but he was way more athletic, played with a better motor (though not aggressive scoring-wise), and was a much better defender. Head to head, it's no coincidence that Augie outplayed Davis more often than not in their careers.

Anywho......

http://www.midstatehoops.com/videos/...ashington.html

Say hello to DeAndre "Ticket" Liggins. Undoubtedly one of the staff's top targets for the 2008 class.

He's a better passer than Julian Wright. I don't mean a better passer than Julian Wright at the same age....he's a better passer than Julian right now. Not as tall, and not nearly as good of an athlete (then again, few are) which is why he's not as highly ranked as Julian was....but I want Ticket. He may not be a superathlete, but for what he can do with the ball, he's plenty athletic.

Some Illinois fans aren't enamored with him, and I don't understand why, exactly. I don't know if it's because he does everything fairly well but doesn't excel at anything (except passing), or if it's because he's not considered a future prep All-American, or if it's because he's old for his grade and some think he doesn't have as much room for improvement as others.

Well, I guess I understand the reasons perfectly...I just don't agree with them. If Weber hasn't offered Ticket yet- Liggins claims he has an offer- I hope he does soon.

My 2008 wish list:

DeAndre Liggins, 6'6" PG/SF, Chicago Washington (Rivals.com No. 84)
    Michael Dunigan, 6'9" C, Chicago Farragaut (No. 41)
    Verdell Jones, 6'4" PG, Champaign Central (No. 77), OR Lewis Jackson, 5'9" PG, Decatur Eisenhower (No. 94)
    Scott Suggs, 6'6" SG/SF, Washington, Missouri (No. 65), OR Matt Humphrey, 6'5" SG, Chicago (No. 70)

Give me four of those guys and I'll do cartwheels.

TheGame414 is all over this kids nuts. I heard Coach Calipari (sp?) from Memphis has been watching him closely, and was in attendence for his last game. He's a pretty good recruiter, he got Derrick Rose to commit to a crowded backcourt. Probably not a good sign for you guys. Just thought I'd pass that along.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I heard someone say Illinois isn't even goign to make the tournament. wtf?

A win tonight would really help their chances. It would really suck to be an illini fan if you : Lose out on Eric Gordon, Get beaten at home by Kelvin Sampson (Denim), and not make the NCAA Tournament.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

We have to beat Indiana at all costs. There has to be something worth salvaging. I expect this team to come out with a chip on their shoulders.

This game vs. Indiana is about pride if nothing else. I really don't want Indiana to just come in and pee on you guys.