Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 11-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #151
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

I know it's early but Yao's the MVP of this season so far.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #152
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

I started watching on ESPN, couldn't stand the fact that the commentators made a 2 or 3 point Miami lead seem like a blowout game, switched over to local coverage, and I plan to go back and watch the game again on ESPN replay to see what they were saying as the Rockets stepped on the Heat's throat. Should be funny if all your posts are any indication.

Anyway, this is what the Rockets have to do if they want to get that respect. They don't need to settle for playing elite teams close, they don't need to beat them by a point or two in Toyota Center, they don't need to be "good enough"...they need to HANDLE the good teams on a regular basis. So far they've done that. So far they're averaging 27 point victories against the two teams that were in the Finals last season. I'd say that's a good start.

Very proud of my guys tonight, but they better not lose focus after a big win. They've got a brutal schedule their next few games with San Antonio on Tuesday, followed by Chicago and Detroit. At this point 2-2 should be bare minimum for the stretch.

So, I fully expect to see Sportscenter highlights of Shaq's dunks and Wade's very few spectacular plays with 2, maybe 3 clips of Yao's dominance sprinkled on as an afterthought. Definitely wouldn't be surprised to hear "Heat lose" rather than "Rockets win", either. No respect...yet.

Now, where's that guy that was arguing with me earlier today that Yao hadn't surpassed Shaq yet...? Funny part is that his argument was based strongly around WINNING.

Last edited by ClutchCityReturns : 11-12-2006 at 10:54 PM.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #153
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

shaq is having more trouble getting anything to go in the post or getting deep enough, we have barely any depth as they said, im not liking this

anyone hear Becky hammond accendently call Wade Lebron at halftime i don't know if that can be considered a diss or what
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #154
jamesalan9
I hit open layups

jamesalan9 has no real reputation yet.

Well there is one thing you cannot deny. Shaq's defense, especially in the pick and roll, is horrible! He just cannot move quick enough anymore that he will get burned in those type of plays. Its been evident in all his games this season.
jamesalan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: