Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-23-2006, 02:49 AM   #1
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.
Default Should the Lakers retire shaqs jersey

I don't like shaq but you can't take away his contributions to those championship teams. Yes they should
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 AM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe#1fan
I don't like shaq but you can't take away his contributions to those championship teams. Yes they should

i think they will want to but shaq will refuse
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #3
Magic man
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Magic man has an OK reputation so far

I think that they should retire it. It may have to happen after he is retired for a few years, but I have a feeling that he wouldn't turn down an opportunity to inflate his ego.
Magic man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

how often are active players jerseys retired by other teams?
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

despite the fact he never got in shape. waited the last possible second for surgery on his toe, fought with kobe, kept yelling at games to Buss "You gonna pay me now?" everytime he dunks...I still think he is one of the laker's top centers in history and should have his number retired after HE retires. But Kobe should be mentioned above him because he is more loyal to the organization
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:25 PM   #6
BOOHYAH310
I airball my layups

BOOHYAH310 has no real reputation yet.

Quite simply....yes. He has done more for this organization as a player than any other player has in this era. 3 championships (3 finals MVPs). He deserves the honor. You know he has always wanted to be up with Kareem and Wilt.
BOOHYAH310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

i'll just answer like this...

jeannie buss has said numerous times on interviews that shaq's jersey will be retired.

that's all i have to say on this matter.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 AM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yep, they gotta retire it. Now, will Shaq act mature and respectful if the Lakers do it? Who knows... thats the side of Shaq I hate. He whined about Orlando for years until the Lakers angered him... now he's whining about the Lakers, although more subtly.

He is a great player, just a big egotistical baby in my opinion... then again, so is Kobe... they DO belong together... HAHA (just kidding!)
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:16 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
He is a great player, just a big egotistical baby in my opinion... then again, so is Kobe... they DO belong together... HAHA (just kidding!)

Unfortunately that is why they arent together.

But yeah it will be retired just Like Shaq's old ass
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: