Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default nintendo ds lite?

whos got one?
anyone use mod cards with theirs? (r4, m3, dstt, cyclods)
which is the best?

prly gonna pick one up soon, and wanna know which mod thingie is best to get
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: nintendo ds lite?

R4 is the most well known AFAIK and is the one we use for homebrew games.

I have a DS Lite and it's simply awesome, I had to recharge it 3-4 times in the first few days I had it because I was simply addicted to it.

I say definately get one, it's a great mobile gaming platform for anyone of any age.

Oh and be sure to pick up some cool games with it, I can recommend a few if you'd like
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im definitely interested in all the mario games, especially mario kart
and as well as the numerous rpg's... chrono trigger ds remake looks nice
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

one of the greatest consoles of all time, not even just among handhelds imo

i use the r4 and it's very user friendly. some great homebrew apps about..

mario kart is a must have. arguably the best mario kart ever, i think it plays the best out of the series.

new super mario bros is sweet too, good throwback mario game, and the first 2d platformer mario game since snes

there are tons of rpgs, quirky puzzle games, and the other genres are more than covered, but one genre that i think goes underappreciated on the ds is the first person shooter. the touch screen-stylus control provides the best control available for a handheld shooter. in fact i aim more accurately on my ds than my 360.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd take a look at the game library before you do. If you're using it to mod it and put emulators on it, that's one thing, but if you plan on playing console games, then I'd rethink it. Yeah, I love my DS, but for every Phantom Hourglass, Chrono Trigger, and hell, even Pokemon Diamond, there are at least 10-15 games that don't even deserve to be on the market. Handheld games in general aren't great, but I'd deifnitely advise it over the PSP.

EDIT: If you really want to mod it, I recommend waiting until the DSi comes out. A little more modern, and with the flash memory built in, it should be easier to hack. Doesn't have a US release date, only "well into 2009," whatever that means.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:46 AM   #6
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
I'd take a look at the game library before you do. If you're using it to mod it and put emulators on it, that's one thing, but if you plan on playing console games, then I'd rethink it. Yeah, I love my DS, but for every Phantom Hourglass, Chrono Trigger, and hell, even Pokemon Diamond, there are at least 10-15 games that don't even deserve to be on the market. Handheld games in general aren't great, but I'd deifnitely advise it over the PSP.

EDIT: If you really want to mod it, I recommend waiting until the DSi comes out. A little more modern, and with the flash memory built in, it should be easier to hack. Doesn't have a US release date, only "well into 2009," whatever that means.

Q3 2009
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i didnt like the Mario Kart on DS. if you have trouble snaking you simply cant beat anyone online. It gives me an awful hand cramp. I did like Metroid Prime Hunters but it gave me some damn nasty hand cramps too. New Super Mario Bros was sweet if you like old school platformers. Zelda was sweet (when is it not?) and my sister really likes this one called Professor Layton and the Curious Village .
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
i didnt like the Mario Kart on DS. if you have trouble snaking you simply cant beat anyone online…

Mario Kart DS was great for its online play in general, but then Mario Kart Wii came out and addressed the snaking issue. Mario Kart Wii > Mario Kart DS.
Nevertheless, Mario Kart DS is a pretty decent game.

Anyways, DS is a pretty solid platform and offers good gaming choices over a broad range of genres. My friend had a mod that would run emulators for NES and Genesis, (that I had played, there may be other he had but I'll have to confer with him) They ran pretty good and I was going to pursue it myself but then my daughter adopted my DS and I'm pretty much with out a DS… I'll proabably get me a DSi whenever it comes out…

DS has the software support that the PSP is severely lacking… even though I can be found playing my PSP more simply because of Every Extend Extra and Lumines.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wtf is snaking?
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

on the newer Mario Karts there is a way to get a mini speed boost when power sliding/drifting. On the DS version, if you are good enough, you can basically give yourself an endless speed boost. Its kind of hard to do IMO and it makes it literally impossible for those who can't to ever beat those who can. It makes the online MKDS gameplay broken IMO and is a major reason why I didn't really like the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnX4l8UoQUc
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: