Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Article: LA Times - Sasha Vujacic or Jordan Farmar: Who's 'least improved'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy on another message board
No point guard who has ever won an NBA championship under Phil Jackson has ever averaged more than 12.3 points per game (BJ Armstrong-93) or 4.4 assists per game (D. Fish-01) or 1.3 steals per game (R. Harper-96 and 98 ).
i love the little discalimer "who has ever won an NBA championship"

forget that part, it really has no bearing on the topic...

gary payton 5.5 points per game 14.6 points

i understand the point and use it often to explain the triangles equal opportunity based system but the fact is closer to that phil jackson has never had a elite level point guard to work with, until he had payton who was well past his prime, yet even an older slower payton sharing the floor with kobe shaq and malone took advantage of the system just fine, gary payton 4 years earlier would have wreeked havoc on the nba...

i'll add that the pg position is small in the triangle for one reason and that's to match up against other smaller quicker gaurds for defensive purposes if phil could avoid having the smaller guys on the floor he would, that's why he favored pippen over armstrong...

point gaurds are not traditional point gaurds in the triangle but i have no doubt that an elite point gaurd in his prime would be able to do some real damage in phils system.. don't forget the triangle gets tweaked to take advantage of the best atributes a roster has, you just have to have a player worthy of it to happen

with jordan it was the sf position with shaq the center and with kobe the sg spot... the only reason the triangle has not had a point gaurd go crazy in it is because there has never been a PG capable of being highlighted in it

Last edited by gts : 04-04-2009 at 09:44 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:18 AM   #17
Lakers73
I airball my layups

Lakers73 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Article: LA Times - Sasha Vujacic or Jordan Farmar: Who's 'least improved'?

Least improved goes to Farmar.

At least Sasha is a pest for opposing players with his "D".
Lakers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:01 AM   #18
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i love the little discalimer "who has ever won an NBA championship"

forget that part, it really has no bearing on the topic...

gary payton 5.5 points per game 14.6 points

i understand the point and use it often to explain the triangles equal opportunity based system but the fact is closer to that phil jackson has never had a elite level point guard to work with, until he had payton who was well past his prime, yet even an older slower payton sharing the floor with kobe shaq and malone took advantage of the system just fine, gary payton 4 years earlier would have wreeked havoc on the nba...

i'll add that the pg position is small in the triangle for one reason and that's to match up against other smaller quicker gaurds for defensive purposes if phil could avoid having the smaller guys on the floor he would, that's why he favored pippen over armstrong...

point gaurds are not traditional point gaurds in the triangle but i have no doubt that an elite point gaurd in his prime would be able to do some real damage in phils system.. don't forget the triangle gets tweaked to take advantage of the best atributes a roster has, you just have to have a player worthy of it to happen

with jordan it was the sf position with shaq the center and with kobe the sg spot... the only reason the triangle has not had a point gaurd go crazy in it is because there has never been a PG capable of being highlighted in it

Can you imagine vintage KJ running the point in the trip post? I can I can even see vintage starburry (post brain transplant) doing well in that system.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #19
Alpha Bravo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Alpha Bravo has an OK reputation so far

im not a huge fan of either player but if i had to pick one it would be farmar. sasha doesnt do anything for me...he doesnt shoot the ball very well which is supposed to his thing...his perimeter defense is poor because he is not real quick...he cant defend bigger guards because of he is not very physical...he does stupid **** all of the time such as dumb fouls/bad shots and always *****ing at the officials which really bothers me even when gasol does it...plus his 'prettyboyness' is extremely annoying..i just dont like him and i think he should be traded...i not 100% sure about this comment but i think i would rather have shannon brown ready for the playoffs than sasha but im not sure on this...

farmar...i have more tolerence for at this point...he isnt playing very good right now but i think he has more potential so i wouldnt trade him unless the trade is going to give us something very good...plus with bynum back i like him in the second rotation with odom/gasol or bynum/walton and someone else maybe powell.
Alpha Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #20
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Legit 2 Quit
Does anyone else miss Ronny Turiaf? After Drew's injury we got a little taste of what Josh Powell could bring to the table and at the time he looked really good. For a month or two I thought he was equal or possibly better than Ronny Turiaf. Now that he's become a part of our regular rotation though, his faults have begun to show. He's a poor finisher, has a low basketball IQ, isn't a great defender, and seems to juggle a lot of passes that come his way.

As I have discussed before, I couldn't agree with your comments on Powell/Turiaf more. He looked really good in garbage time, but when the game is on the line and he has gotten more minutes, its evident that he doesn't live up to the hype. He has hard hands (a la Kwame Brown) and I don't see him overcoming that somehow. He is still pretty decent - good for some rebounds and other things, but nowhere near the value of a Ronny Turiaf. That is for sure.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: