Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 03-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #1
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far
Default Beat by the Hawks

Okay, now it's getting REALLY sad! Beat by the Hawks without their
best player, Joe Johnson. How low can the Griz go? Man, I want them
to get the top pick but at least they can win a few more games.
I know I've said some good things about Pau but now I'm not so sure.
Since he has come back they haven't gotten any better. I think he
can be much better than he is playing now but he doesn't have the same
desire as he does when he plays for his Spanish team. The Griz biggest
personnel loss was Battier but Battier isn't THAT good. To go from
a playoff team to a last place team in one season there is more to it than
losing Battier. Eddie Jones is playing great now for the Heat. When he
was with the Griz he couldn't hit the ocean. Jerry West says everything
is hunky dory and a okay. I don't know if this is part of his grand scheme
to make them so totally awful that the only way to go is up or if he is secretly still working for the Lakers and wants them to disappear. The only positive I can see for this season was that Rudy has gotten a chance to develop.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:48 AM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Beat by the Hawks

What would you rather happen: Grizzlies do well in the season only to get swept first round in the playoffs for a 4th time in a row or not do so well and get top pick in the draft and can possibly make the playoffs next year.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
What would you rather happen: Grizzlies do well in the season only to get swept first round in the playoffs for a 4th time in a row or not do so well and get top pick in the draft and can possibly make the playoffs next year.

like i said i hope they get the top pick but still win a few more games. the way they are losing a few wins won't make any
difference. the celts are starting to play well as are the sixers so it is
obvious the griz have the worst record locked up even with a few more wins. my point of the post was how they went from a playoff team
to the worst in the nba when their biggest loss was battier.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Dude the grizz are not good.They are really the worst team in league.We just have to hold out a couple more months.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have no idea how we went from a playoff team to the worst in the league. Because Battier isn't a team changing player, sure he wins the ball on hustle plays but is he really that effective??

Maybe the chemistry of the team has gone down. If so, we are screwed, because if the team can't mesh together then there is no hope apart from making some major changes in the offseason. Which I think is the direction to go.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: