Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 11-13-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
iamgine

iamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputation
Default Blazers need new coach

I think Nate Mcmillan need to be replaced as the head coach. I feel that he has not made enough progress for the Blazers. Not that he had a great track record to begin with. Also, the way blazers play is very mediocre. When I watch them on TV, I sometimes feel like crying over the plays.

We all know that Blazers has players that will become future hall-of-famer. PTB has the potential to be the best team in the NBA in 4 - 6 years but only if their leader is the right one. I feel that Nate is not the person to lead what could potentially be the future best team in the NBA.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Blazers need new coach

You sure? Blazers are the youngest team in the league and have just won 4 in a row (Hornets, Griz, Mavs, Pistons).

On top of that, Aldridge is really coming around as well as Webster. If you ask me, McMillan is doing great.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
I think Nate Mcmillan need to be replaced as the head coach. I feel that he has not made enough progress for the Blazers. Not that he had a great track record to begin with. Also, the way blazers play is very mediocre. When I watch them on TV, I sometimes feel like crying over the plays.

We all know that Blazers has players that will become future hall-of-famer. PTB has the potential to be the best team in the NBA in 4 - 6 years but only if their leader is the right one. I feel that Nate is not the person to lead what could potentially be the future best team in the NBA.

How have your feelings altered since you created this thread?

OR

Do they remain much the same?
Done_And_Done is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
How have your feelings altered since you created this thread?

OR

Do they remain much the same?

Great bump. Next year will be Nate's first true evaluation year. He may be in trouble if we aren't on track for the playoffs next year, but this season will be seen as a success even if we miss the playoffs. I think the Blazers are actually ahead of their scheduled development.

Also, it excites me that Oden is running now. In an interview with Jim Rome he said he wouldn't even need anymore check-ups with doctors anymore if it weren't for the fact that he is a pro basketball player.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
divisionbyzero0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

divisionbyzero0 has decent reputationdivisionbyzero0 has decent reputation

I propose a trade...

Nate McMillian, for PJ Carlisimo...

Sounds good right?
divisionbyzero0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #6
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by divisionbyzero0
I propose a trade...

Nate McMillian, for PJ Carlisimo...

Sounds good right?

Ah... PJ... I remember when he was coaching the Blazers...
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
divisionbyzero0
Can barely lace up my sneakers

divisionbyzero0 has decent reputationdivisionbyzero0 has decent reputation

Lol exactly... it could be a lot worse, and I'd KILL to have Nate back
divisionbyzero0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine

The Blazers are already over achieved. They are doing better than most people expected to be.

And...no current Blazers will be in the Hall of Fame in the future as of today.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #9
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

...I hate when people rip into Nate because his record as a coach! He coached a very young team in Seattle with the exception of Ray Allen and Gary Payton. How did Seattle do when Nate left? Mhm...

Now Nate is coaching the Blazers. They over acheived each of his three seasons here. Get off his back! Nate will probably be considered in coach of the year talks if it wasn't for Houston's 19 game winning streak continuing without Yao Ming.

Yes some of his calls and decisions are questionable but he is the best coach in the league at developing young talent.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: