Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 11-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #16
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default for the glove

hey glove

thanks for being a good sonic fan man

i have noticed you standing up for the sonics in the main--- i have some friendly suggestions to make your arguments even more effective.

are you open to hearing them?

let me know bro
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #17
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
hey glove

thanks for being a good sonic fan man

i have noticed you standing up for the sonics in the main--- i have some friendly suggestions to make your arguments even more effective.

are you open to hearing them?

let me know bro
Yeah sure...

Thanks...

Your a great Sonic fan too

Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 AM   #18
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Yeah sure...

Thanks...

Your a great Sonic fan too

try this and see how people will react differently:

1-- if you disagree with a post, dont acknowledge it by the quote reply. just generally refer to it in your response but not by the persons name-- just the idea

ex-- someone says: stockton was better than payton in leading his team.

just respond by a new post with your point-- "although stock was great with his jazz teams over the years, payton led the sonics against them to a better record of 345234 vs 5454443; etc ,etc , etc (whatever your point is)"

by not directly acknowledging a post, you implicitly do not give it credibility; by acknowledging it, you bring more attention to it. you dont need to bring more attention to most of these comments-- just ignore the knuckheads and use their comments to make a stronger point if you wish

2-- another way to respond is though a "reframing" of the point. it is what political parties do to each other all the time. they do not let their opponant dictate the question. the one who controls the question, can control the responses (why do you think i like starting the threads more than posting a ton of responses? )

ex-- stockton is better than payton because he is the all time assists leader

response: "everyone knows that stockton is the all time assists leader but i am refering to paytons overall game, in particular what his infectious defensive efforts did for the team that made the team succeed. that is something that stockton didnt do. it is the overall game of gp that makes him a more valuable point guard in my opinion"

you can even use the guys quote. people like to be acknowledged when they are right; when people feel acknowledged, it softens them up for your point-- but just turn it around to make your point

by reframing the point, you can be more effective in them getting them to open to your point

they say a war is won more with the covert operations more than the head to head battles

keep the gp and sonics love out there glove20 i got your back

i hope some of these suggestions can be helpful in your "battles"-- if you go more covert, you'll win more and keep the knuckleheads at bay
Old 11-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #19
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Glove, let me give you my two cents:

-Acknowledge other people's points, don't just ignore what they say and continue to rant.

-Admit that the other guy might possibly be right.

-Don't repeat what you say multiple times; no matter how many times you say it, it won't change people's minds. Try arguing in a different way or using different facts.

-Be real. Don't make outlandish claims and then try to support them even though its obvious your wrong. Just admit it or move on.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:06 AM   #20
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Glove, let me give you my two cents:

-Admit that the other guy might possibly be right.

-Be real. Don't make outlandish claims and then try to support them even though its obvious your wrong. Just admit it or move on.

good suggestions too bbb

are you primarily a kings fan? where do the sonics fall in your line of favorites?
Old 11-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #21
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Thanks RBP

Some of those were pretty good...
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:34 PM   #22
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Thanks RBP

Some of those were pretty good...

give it a try glove__

nothing to lose....
Old 11-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #23
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

hey glove

just caught up with your bet last night in the nba forum

i thought the sonics would win too--- problems with the bench and its rotations were the difference

i hope you continue to post here

it would be VERY lonely in sonic land
Old 11-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #24
heykid
Can barely lace up my sneakers

heykid has an OK reputation so far

I'll still be here
heykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #25
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykid
I'll still be here

good!

any new pics from the magic game? d howard reminds me of a young moses malone
Old 12-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #26
heykid
Can barely lace up my sneakers

heykid has an OK reputation so far

yeah, I got em up....

BTW- you guys need to RECRUIT, go to other forums, talk to their Sonics fans, tell people you know, go to sports bars and hand out flyers......just do it!
heykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #27
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

glove

check out www.ClubSonics.com

hk is starting a pretty good thing... i'm seeing how it all develops
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: