Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Default The Draft Thread

the 2010-2011 Season has ended for the Cavs, with a record of 19-63. Thanks to a nice resurgence in the last couple of games, we didn't end up with the worst record in the NBA. Something that might come as a surprise because of our record setting losing streak.

We obviously didn't make the playoffs, so the next thing for the Cavs to look forward to is the Draft and Free Agency. We have two lottery picks in the upcoming draft that looks to be losing talent everyday with many of the top players returning to school. That said, what do you think we should do in the draft? While the order hasn't been set yet, we all have to have players that we want the Cavs to pick up, whether it be the Duke standout Kyrie Irving, the beast from Arizona Derrick Williams, taking our choice of an international big like Kanter, Valanciunas, Biyombo, or Motiejunas.

Cav fans, lay out your hopes for our future

Default Re: The Draft Thread

The Cleveland Cavaliers have two first round picks in the 2011 NBA Draft.

"Every year we know one thing: We know there's 10-15, 12-15 good players,” Cavs General Manager Chris Grant said. “Our job is to figure out who those guys are. Those are the marching orders we give our scouts: Go figure out who those guys are."

Grant said he and his staff will meet with coach Byron Scott and his staff to determine a course of action moving forward. Asked whether he anticipated drafting to fill a need or to acquire the best player available, Grant did not hesitate.

"My philosophy, best available," he said, "particularly when you're drafting high, you want to look for the best talent and human beings. The human being part is very important."

Via Mary Schmitt Boyer/Plain Dealer
    can't argue with that philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker
    the 2010-2011 Season has ended for the Cavs, with a record of 19-63. Thanks to a nice resurgence in the last couple of games, we didn't end up with the worst record in the NBA. Something that might come as a surprise because of our record setting losing streak.

We obviously didn't make the playoffs, so the next thing for the Cavs to look forward to is the Draft and Free Agency. We have two lottery picks in the upcoming draft that looks to be losing talent everyday with many of the top players returning to school. That said, what do you think we should do in the draft? While the order hasn't been set yet, we all have to have players that we want the Cavs to pick up, whether it be the Duke standout Kyrie Irving, the beast from Arizona Derrick Williams, taking our choice of an international big like Kanter, Valanciunas, Biyombo, or Motiejunas.

Cav fans, lay out your hopes for our future
    I'm not sold on Irving for whatever reason. He barely played 300 minutes in his freshmen season. Derrick Williams looks like a good athlete. I'm not sure who I'd like the Cavaliers to pick, I just hope it turns out well.

Is there actually a player that has everyone thinking 'Oh snap, we gotta have him'.... Hopefully we get the number 1 or 2 pick, and we'll probably play it safe with Williams or Irving. Now, the Clippers pick is the one that will be interesting. I hope we're going for a high risk, high reward option there. But seriously, any way we're going in this draft is gonna have its proponents and adversaries.

French Toast Mafia Sterlingsucks's Avatar

If you guys can luck out and get 2 of the top 3 picks that would be sweet obviously if its #1 you go Kyrie, the #2 Derrick Williams then #3 Enes Kanter but if stay put in your regualr spots and take #2 Derrick Williams and #8 I would go for Alec Burks/Klay Thompson beacuse J.J Hickson should be your PF even though there are plenty available in the 2011 NBA Draft that would take from his minutes and Parker is what 36 years old now...

Were either gonna get Irving or Williams. Either one would do. Baron can coach Irving on being a good NBA PG, Williams is good cause we need a 3.

French Toast Mafia Sterlingsucks's Avatar

This is IF they dont get jumped in the Lottery...if they get jumped 1 time thats fine but 2 or 3 would be horrible ! to have to settle for the #4 pick would suck

Nick Gilbert, the 14-year-old son of Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, will represent the Cavs on stage at the NBA Draft lottery Tuesday in Secaucus, N.J.

Nick is the 2011 National Children's Tumor Foundation Ambassador.

The CTF is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of more than one in 3,000 children born with Neurofibromatosis, a nerve disorder that causes tumors to grow anywhere in the body at any time.

Nick was born with NF and has endured brain surgery, the loss of vision in one eye and four rounds of chemotherapy.

''We talk a lot about heroes in sports, but sometimes we overlook the heroes that are in front of us every day,'' Dan Gilbert said. ''Nick has never complained a single time about the bad card he was dealt, and instead, chooses to focus on all that is good and exciting around him. He is an example of perseverance, determination and life the way it should be lived. Nick is my personal hero.''

Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal
    anything that brings a little more attention to the Children's Tumor Foundation is good in my book

Good college starter

The Cavs should look out for Darius Morris from Michigan. He's a big 6'4 PG.

First and Fourth picks. this is something we can build on

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

looking good

Decent college freshman

Congrats. Irving seems to be a foregone conclusion. Part of me would consider Derrick Williams and then either Walker or Knight at 4 though. Otherwise I guess its someone like Valciunas or Leonard at 4.

nice interview with Kyrie from DraftExpress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErMV6...layer_embedded

Good college starter

I'm hearing the Cavs could draft Kyrie Irving and Derrick or Irving and Alec Burk.

Which pair would be better?

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    I'm hearing the Cavs could draft Kyrie Irving and Derrick or Irving and Alec Burk.

Which pair would be better?

i think derrick williams is gone by the 4th pick, so id like to see either irving and valanciunas, or irving and kanter