Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default LeBron James: Leadership is my greatest advantage over Kobe

from a lakers forum 'Clublakers':
    jungbum

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:36 am Post subject: LeBron James: Leadership is my greatest advantage over Kobe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sportsucc.media.daum.net/uccm.../v7717314.html
    ?u_b1.valuecate=1&u_b1.svcid=03D&u_b1.objid1=22195 &u_b1.targetcate=1&u_b1.targetkey1=22763&u_b1.targ etkey2=7717310

An article is written by MyDaily Paper in Korea and I translated it.

[MyDaily = Reporter Kang Ji Hoon]

'The Pioneer Leader of Post Jordan' LeBron James (Cleveland) visited Korea to participate in 'Vita500 World Basketball Challenge 2006 and to meet with his fans.

On August 12th, James was at 'LeBron James Court' donating event in Whee-mun High School of Samsung-dong in Seoul. "I'm happy to see that the students are very pleased," said James. He greeted the fans by saying that he hopes that the students gain inspiration through basketball.

Furthermore, he mentioned that "Basketball is the world's greatest sports. I hope that the teenagers will attempt to play and learn the passion from me. Moreover, I find worth living by giving it out to the community. I know very much about the life of high school students, because I recently have graduated not too long ago. I wanted to give the opportunities for them to play basketball." Thus the reason why he donated a basketball court to Whee-mun High School

Last season, James averaged 31.4 points per game. It was a surprising stats for NBA 3-years new-coming player, but he had given the title of best scoring player to Kobe Bryant (LA Lakers), whom averaged 35.4 points per game. They're the rivals whom will meet at the superior levels for years to come.

James said "Kobe has the scoring powers and wills to score anywhere on the court. Since both Kobe and I have the wills to win, it's very fun to play games with him. But I'm inherited to lead and also born with the leadership. That is my greatest advantage compared to Kobe."
    James said he respects Michael Jordan the most. "Since my childhood, I respected Jordan and he is the player that everyone has to love," said James. At press conference in Coex Intercontinental Hotel on the 12th, James said "I feel overflowing just being compared to great player like Jordan."

James participated as a member of the "Dream Team" in Athens Olympic of 2004, but Team USA have only scored a bronze model. Regarding this statement, he said "I was a rookie at that time and had no experience. But for this event, the wills to win are superior. Fellow players such as Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony are also full with passions."

At 'LeBron James Court' donating event, Team USA members, Joe Johnson (Atlanta) and Chris Paul (New Orleans) have participated too. James and Paul created a fantastic slam dunk to give a wonderful and unforgettable memories to Korean fans.
    uhh .
    Last edited by indy; 08-13-2006 at 07:06 AM.

Saw a basketball once

He's such a tool. A leader who keeps biting his nails and waves some pseudo tough rap sign because he likes Jay Z... The kid is like 12 in his head and he talks about leadership? Man, when he had to pick between the brains and the muscles, he sure didn't make a reasonable choice.

Lebrons a douche. I'm glad wade will never be an a-hole like him.

I wish people would stop calling him King James. He should be Prince James until he matures a little.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

I think there's general consensus among NBA players that Kobe's not a good leader. James just did confirm it.

And James is premature? Come on, I've never heard or read anything about LeBron having problems with his teammates or coaches in the past and present. It's Kobe who has been having beefs with everyone around him.

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe both on and off the floor. I'm glad that LeBron is man enough to say that. You know, anyone who says negative things on Kobe gets criticized by the press and his fans nowadays.

Good High School Starter Voice of Reason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    I wish people would stop calling him King James. He should be Prince James until he matures a little.
    Matures? He is mature and just stated what most think.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    I think there's general consensus among NBA players that Kobe's not a good leader. James just did confirm it.

And James is premature? Come on, I've never heard or read anything about LeBron having problems with his teammates or coaches in the past and present. It's Kobe who has been having beefs with everyone around him.

LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe both on and off the floor.
    key words. If Sam Smith hadn't written 'The Jordan Rules' ,perhaps we would have never heard anything about jordan.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    Matures? He is mature and just stated what most think.
    For me taking a jab at your colleague without a reason is immature.
    I don't think kobe is a good leader but it is not lebrons job to tell me that.
    Last edited by indy; 08-13-2006 at 08:43 AM.

Good High School Starter Voice of Reason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indy
    key words. If Sam Smith hadn't written 'The Jordan Rules' ,perhaps we would have never heard anything about jordan.

For me taking a jab at your colleague without a reason is immature.
    Its obvious he was asked about Kobe Bryant and while he implies Kobe is the better scorer, he is a better leader. How is that a jab? You're lookin into it more than you should. Much like how the media operates to start drama and controversy.

Not Bron James job? Then maybe he shouldnt do interviews anymore giving you nothing on his views on the game of basketball and his peers. People complain when MJ doesnt give his thoughts on the game and its players especially from the past. Always taking the easy way out. Now we're upset someone is stating the obvious?

Bron has always been said to be more of a leader than Kobe by media and analysts.
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 08-13-2006 at 08:45 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason

Its obvious he was asked about Kobe Bryant and while he implies Kobe is the better scorer, he is a better leader. How is that a jab? You're lookin into it more than you should. Much like how the media operates to start drama and controversy.
    he is saying kobe isn't a leader . I believe thats a jab.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indy
    he is saying kobe isn't a leader . I believe thats a jab.
    I don't think that was a jab. It's not like LeBron just said that Kobe's a horrible teammate to have. He just said he feels he's a better leader than Kobe(what everyone in the NBA could easily agree).

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Default ...

Damn, I smell hate. Anyway, it's the absolute truth. If you look at Kobe his first couple of years he was very immature on the court. He spoke well and you could say he was more articulate than James. But Lebron was ready at 18 and what he is saying if he said this, is one advantage he had coming into this league was that he is a natural leader and that is to his advantage and really not only over Kobe but over other players of his generation who have talent but no leadership qualities. James may be miffed about Kobe's no show for team USA and really the messed up way Kobe played it. I personally was looking forward to seeing Kobe with this team. I also think Lebron is much smarter than his diction would indicate.

Lol, here we go...

Have we really gotten to the point where you can't even be honest and speak the truth without people getting upset ? He is a better leader than Kobe, everyone knows this including the Kobe fans, so what is the problem ?

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Its people on thsi board taht would get mad if Ray Allen said shooting was his biggest advantage over Kobe. Kobe's fanboys are just sensitive and can't stand to hear someone put even the smallest ***** in Kobe's armor. It was not a jab, the young'n was just speaking the truth.