Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much caffeine do you drink a day?

Coffee, soda, energy drink, etc? Any rules for not drinking past a certain time? How early do you consume your first drink?

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Default Re: How much caffeine do you drink a day?

I stopped a couple weeks ago, now it's just like a half cup a soda here or there

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    I stopped a couple weeks ago, now it's just like a half cup a soda here or there
    So you didn't stop..

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I used to drink about a large coffee with cream and sugar nearly everyday but since it's now winter, I like to get hot cocoa after my last class. Drink it and relax, watch some youtube. Then stop by the gym and watch people play ball until about 6-6:30. Sleep/do work and then ball from 10:30-12 at night. Been a daily habit. I study till 3-4 am after. I'm an early morning person, much more effective after 1am for some reason.

Some of the guys at 6pm are really good so sometimes I catch myself watching them longer then expected.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I used to drink about a large coffee with cream and sugar nearly everyday but since it's now winter, I like to get hot cocoa after my last class. Drink it and relax, watch some youtube. Then stop by the gym and watch people play ball until about 6-6:30. Sleep/do work and then ball from 10:30-12 at night. Been a daily habit. I study till 3-4 am after. I'm an early morning person, much more effective after 1am for some reason.

Some of the guys at 6pm are really good so sometimes I catch myself watching them longer then expected.
    Do you live on campus?

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Do you live on campus?
    5 min walk off.

So you didn't stop..
    I did and I didn't. I was drinking one of these every single morning with my breakfast for who knows how long and big cups as much as I desired when I got back home.

Before that it was Mountain Dew

That practice I quit.

**** coffee. Tastes like shit. The only caffeine I get is from soda (Preferably Strawberry/Grape Soda) and I drink that stuff once every 1-2 weeks.

I did and I didn't. I was drinking one of these every single morning with my breakfast for who knows how long and big cups as much as I desired when I got back home.

Before that it was Mountain Dew

That practice I quit.
    Why the F would you drink coke in the morning

Why the F would you drink coke in the morning
    For the caffeine duhh lol I got to wake up early, needed something to keep me going in those dog mid-morning hours. Now I'm just suffering through it ugh

For the caffeine duhh lol I got to wake up early, needed something to keep me going in those dog mid-morning hours. Now I'm just suffering through it ugh
    Men drink diet.

Do you drink any caffeine as a substitute now in the morning? I don't get how people rely on caffeine in the morning. I need sustainable energy, not bursts then a crash before noon. I'm looking for that now. Exercise in the morning is a start. Try it

Do you drink any caffeine as a substitute now in the morning? I don't get how people rely on caffeine in the morning. I need sustainable energy, not bursts then a crash before noon. I'm looking for that now. Exercise in the morning is a start. Try it
    None. And when I work out in the mornings I still get sleepy an hour or so later only now I got muscle fatigue to really emphasize it

Its because it's so much easier to get going with that caffeine and people who have desk jobs where they are sitting on their ass most of the day won't really get a chance to wake up. For me, I do physical work so I prefer my coffee after lunch when I have to gear up for the second half of the day. I just have to suffer through that first stage of laziness that is sometimes there in the morning until my blood gets pumping. I don't like drinking more than one coffee because it can mess with my sleep and I like mine sugary so it's just extra calories and sugar.

Good night sleep with 20-30 mins or so of moderate exercise after waking is a great way to get going... Just a brisk walk will do it. But I just personally don't see enough benefits from waking up earlier and either losing sleep/or free time in the evening to justify exercising in the morning. That being said... if I didn't have a job that got me moving anyway, I might not feel that way.

Bottom line it's all about how can you not feel shitty while at work... find whatever works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Its because it's so much easier to get going with that caffeine and people who have desk jobs where they are sitting on their ass most of the day won't really get a chance to wake up. For me, I do physical work so I prefer my coffee after lunch when I have to gear up for the second half of the day. I just have to suffer through that first stage of laziness that is sometimes there in the morning until my blood gets pumping. I don't like drinking more than one coffee because it can mess with my sleep and I like mine sugary so it's just extra calories and sugar.

Good night sleep with 20-30 mins or so of moderate exercise after waking is a great way to get going... Just a brisk walk will do it. But I just personally don't see enough benefits from waking up earlier and either losing sleep/or free time in the evening to justify exercising in the morning. That being said... if I didn't have a job that got me moving anyway, I might not feel that way.

Bottom line it's all about how can you not feel shitty while at work... find whatever works for you.
    What do you do for work? And how do you recover everyday from working in a physically demanding job? Thats good you moderate your coffee consumption.

And yeah i agree with the last person. Everyones situation is unique and different, do what you need to do