Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-21-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

Default Gasol for Odom/Sasha

Do you do it?
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Default Re: Gasol for Odom/Sasha

Lamar would be very valuable for the up-tempo style Memphis is trying to play. I would need to review the numbers and the contracts to see if the trade would be good for Memphis, but I think the Lakers or Toronto would be the first teams to look at if I would gonna trade Gasol.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

Im starting to think maybe its best for pau to leave.Only because of ivaronis style.He is basicly making rudy his guy.Miller is playing to unselfish.Or he tries to hard.He is just playing off this year.I think we need better guard play.Jr.smith might be available.So is ridnour.We need some flare to get the crowd back.If we arent winning we at least need to look good.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #4
Nbafan77
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Hi, as much as a boost Gasol may be for the Lakers, I don't really think we would trade odom and the machine for him. Anyways Sasha is staying, he's been playing better then everyone but kobe the last few games.
Nbafan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
artificial
:-P

I agree in that Odom probably fits better for the up tempo style Memphis is playing, but I really don't think he (and Sasha) are worth Gasol -even taking into account that he isn't playing at his best in this system-.

Odom is goofy and would probably lower the overall team IQ, and idea I really dislike.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I agree in that Odom probably fits better for the up tempo style Memphis is playing, but I really don't think he (and Sasha) are worth Gasol -even taking into account that he isn't playing at his best in this system-.

Odom is goofy and would probably lower the overall team IQ, and idea I really dislike.

In a short term situation, I agree. In long term, I think it could be beneficial for the Grizzlies. Odom is contracted until 2009 only while Pau has a much longer contract. With Memphis entering the lottery with chances of getting a top 5 pick, they would have a very young and talented core (Conley+Gay+new pick) plus good cap space when Odom's contract ends. In three years they could have something close to a contender (or at least a PO team again).

Last edited by berraco : 01-31-2008 at 11:57 AM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Im a the point where I am ready for pau to go.Not because I dislike him.I want pau to move to a nationally viewed team.So that he can get the respect he deserves.And a fan base that will glorify him,not disown him.Memphis is horrible for him.I would love for him to go some where and be a side kick to a super star.Like cleveland or L.A. Just somewhere he can play where the crowd loves there home team.But with a star already there. Then when he wins a ring everyone in memphis will cry and it will be sweet.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: