Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-27-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Default Halo 3 - Keep It Clean trailer

Apparently this is a campaign expansion for Halo 3. It's a cool trailer. I haven't heard much news about it, I guess Bungie is keeping stuff under wraps.

Quote:
Bungie Video Teases New Game
The new project is related to Halo 3, but how? Video inside.
by Ryan Geddes

September 25, 2008 - The wait is over, Halo fans. Well, sort of. After its aborted countdown at E3, Bungie Studios started the clock ticking again this week, and this morning a new teaser trailer was deployed on the developer's Web site.

Labeled "Keep it Clean", the short video opens with what appears to be flaming spacecraft plummeting toward the surface of a planet as it enters the atmoshpere, and the camera cuts back and forth between the speeding craft and what look like security cameras in large metropolitan areas...

Article continued here: Article and Video at IGN

Quote:
September 25, 2008 - As is their custom, the developers at Bungie set the Net ablaze with rumor and speculation today when they unveiled a teaser trailer for the company's newest project: an expansion to the Halo 3 campaign.

Dubbed "Keep it Clean," the trailer appears to show an eerily quiet New Mombasa on Earth, just before the Prophet of Regret's ship hightails it through the slipspace portal near the end of Halo 2. The resulting explosion is captured by a network of security cameras, possibly controlled by "The Superintendent," an urban infrastructure artificial intelligence.

The cameras also capture what seem to be landing vehicles like those used by Orbital Shock Drop Troopers, the Halo universe's equivalent of Navy SEALs or Marine Recon troops. They're shown entering the atmosphere before the explosion. But afterward, only one is seen zooming toward the surface. And before it impacts, the screen goes black and the Halo 3 logo pops up, along with the phrase "Keep it Clean."

It would (and frequently does) take an army of Halo fans to decode everything Bungie says and does, and we'll let the fanatics at Halopedia and Bungie.org tear the trailer apart. We're most interested in what form this new project will take, how it will play and when we'll get our hands on it.

So the IGN Xbox team, along with honorary member and Insider editor David Clayman, gathered around the vodka cooler to debate the trailer's portent. Is Halo 3 getting a squad-based parallel campaign? Will Master Chief be involved? Are we truly heading back to the events of Halo 2, or is this trailer just giving us some context for the real campaign to come? How will this new content affect multiplayer, if at all? Read our thoughts below and then weigh in with your own comments and questions. Let the name-calling begin...

Article continued here: Expounding on the Halo 3 Expansion

Quote:
Sounds like this is definitely not a downloadable expansion to Halo 3, but an entirely new game.

Erik Brudvig, IGN Xbox Team Executive Editor

Last edited by WhiteMosɘs : 09-27-2008 at 04:15 AM.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star

Default Re: Halo 3 - Keep It Clean trailer

Seriously? Halo 3 was one of the most disapointing games in recent memory.. who the f*ck cares bsides 14 year old fanboys of Halo... which im pretty sure you are.
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakitoEspanoza
Seriously? Halo 3 was one of the most disapointing games in recent memory.. who the f*ck cares bsides 14 year old fanboys of Halo... which im pretty sure you are.

Who the f u ck cares? Not the millions of people that have viewed the trailer, or the people that bought 8.1 million copies of the game, or the endless stream of websites and forums discussing and breaking down the trailer. Yeah, I guess you're right, no one cares.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
t-rud349
Maybe Next year...

Quote:

I guess someone's not very good at Halo
t-rud349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 AM   #5
TakitoEspanoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rud349
I guess someone's not very good at Halo

The game sucks and I dont play it online because of how horrendus it is sorry. I played the campaign in Halo 3 for about 3 missions before I was through with it because it was absolute horse shyt.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #6
Mamba
Vince Carter > Kobe

Quote:
The game sucks and I dont play it online because of how horrendus it is sorry. I played the campaign in Halo 3 for about 3 missions before I was through with it because it was absolute horse shyt.
ye u definately suck at halo. its one of the best multiplayer games every, only shooting game that has surpassed it is call of duty 4 and that is certainly debatable. theres nothing better then using the hammer in camo mode running around and killing the **** out of everyone
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Decided to play halo 3 the other day, as I hadn't played it in months. Still enjoy it. I still prefer call of duty 4, but then again co-op campaign is a lot of fun.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
ye u definately suck at halo. its one of the best multiplayer games every, only shooting game that has surpassed it is call of duty 4 and that is certainly debatable. theres nothing better then using the hammer in camo mode running around and killing the **** out of everyone
No. It's not even the best of the series, how can it be best all time?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #9
TakitoEspanoza

Socom series and Call of Duty 4 are both significatly better than this garbage.

I would also take Counter srike over it.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:51 PM   #10
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Halo 3's innovation = Jack sh*t.

Edit: And when I say it has no innovation, that doesn't mean it's a "bad" game, just disappointing.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-05-2008 at 10:40 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: