Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: Good things to do after getting dumped?

Happened to me a few years ago. I was this girl for almost 3 years but the last 6 months I became distant and was seeing other girls on the side. We kinda just faded apart, we'd have sex when I wanted it but that's about it. She comes to me one day, and says she met a guy at work who wants to date her but she's not even sure we are broke up, but it seems like it's over and wants my permission to date him. I was jumping for joy inside. I can get rid of her without the messy breakup and guilt trip. Especially since she would always be trying to contact me when I was busy. So I kiss her on the cheek and tell her yes, it's ok.

So she starts seeing this guy and I start to get a little jealous, and try to get her into bed. I almost succeed one time but she stays strong, and remains loyal to this guy. The fact that she doesn't want me now, makes her more desirable than ever to me. I start thinking about what I have let go, how my life would have changed if I had married her since she started talking abut marriage after 2 years together, which coincidentally is when I started finding her less attractive.

Sorry for the rambling, but getting on topic. I lost literally 18lbs in weeks. Couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, every ounce of my being wanted to pick up the phone and call her, or think of excuses to meet up with her. I don't know how you could read because I tried that but my thoughts would drift back to her, and I'd put the book down. Listening to music just made things MUCH worse. My friends would ask what's wrong, they had no idea I wanted her back, but my pride refused to allow me to spill my guts to them. Went on like this for maybe a whole month where sometimes I would actually feel physical pain in my chest. I tried to get with other girls but my game was off, they could sense something was wrecked inside me, and it had to be off putting to them.

Then one day I was staring up at this ceiling fan at my work, and my pain and desire for her clicked off like a light switch. The effect was instant. I never really felt much for her after that. I don't know what it was but if I could bottle that instant change in chemistry, I'd be a billionaire and save the world a lot of misery.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Cucked Duck Dong

OP got his thread cucked by Long Duck Cuck

Stuff like that happens to everyone right?

Or is it just me?

Thing is I'm starting to feel that same lack of desire for my current gf even though there is nothing wrong with her and she treats me great . Setting myself up for round 2...

Banned

They just get boring after 2-2.5 years. After honeymoon phase is up, all relationships are living on borrowed time.

I think that's as long as we humans were evolved to want to be together. Marriage contracts and social constructs are the only thing that keeps so many people in society monogamous for so long, and note how miserable nearly everyone with a wife is. Note how so many marriages end in divorce now that the social stigma has been removed.

Keep your head up dawg. Don't let em see you sweat, they smile at your pain. Bitches be crazy

In my experience, if you were really into her, it is going to hurt for a while, you are going to have suck it up and let it pass. Or you can do the whole "jump on the next one" tip, that works for while.

Remember, it is better to be by yourself than with someone who doesn't want to be with you, it took me a little while to figure that out, but once I did, man, did the weight lift off my shoulders.

You should continue to be active, keep running, try a sports league or just hoop at the park. And I would advise to keep it civil, let her do her thing and you do yours.

But mainly, keep your head up pimpin

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    They just get boring after 2-2.5 years. After honeymoon phase is up, all relationships are living on borrowed time.

I think that's as long as we humans were evolved to want to be together. Marriage contracts and social constructs are the only thing that keeps so many people in society monogamous for so long, and note how miserable nearly everyone with a wife is. Note how so many marriages end in divorce now that the social stigma has been removed.
    This is just something that losers who can't attract quality long term partners say

Never been dumped so it's hard to say, but when I dump a girl, I always move on to the next as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    This is just something that losers who can't attract quality long term partners say
    I thought you were a love 'em leave 'em player. What do you know about long term partners?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    I thought you were a love 'em leave 'em player. What do you know about long term partners?
    I've been with my current girlfriend for over 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    I've been with my current girlfriend for over 4 years
    Curry is already married.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

OP start a list of things you want to do , as well as clean out your mind of her....
    Concentrate on you for a while , then find a girlfriend... go slow bro

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    Happened to me a few years ago. I was this girl for almost 3 years but the last 6 months I became distant and was seeing other girls on the side. We kinda just faded apart, we'd have sex when I wanted it but that's about it. She comes to me one day, and says she met a guy at work who wants to date her but she's not even sure we are broke up, but it seems like it's over and wants my permission to date him. I was jumping for joy inside. I can get rid of her without the messy breakup and guilt trip. Especially since she would always be trying to contact me when I was busy. So I kiss her on the cheek and tell her yes, it's ok.

So she starts seeing this guy and I start to get a little jealous, and try to get her into bed. I almost succeed one time but she stays strong, and remains loyal to this guy. The fact that she doesn't want me now, makes her more desirable than ever to me. I start thinking about what I have let go, how my life would have changed if I had married her since she started talking abut marriage after 2 years together, which coincidentally is when I started finding her less attractive.

Sorry for the rambling, but getting on topic. I lost literally 18lbs in weeks. Couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, every ounce of my being wanted to pick up the phone and call her, or think of excuses to meet up with her. I don't know how you could read because I tried that but my thoughts would drift back to her, and I'd put the book down. Listening to music just made things MUCH worse. My friends would ask what's wrong, they had no idea I wanted her back, but my pride refused to allow me to spill my guts to them. Went on like this for maybe a whole month where sometimes I would actually feel physical pain in my chest. I tried to get with other girls but my game was off, they could sense something was wrecked inside me, and it had to be off putting to them.

Then one day I was staring up at this ceiling fan at my work, and my pain and desire for her clicked off like a light switch. The effect was instant. I never really felt much for her after that. I don't know what it was but if I could bottle that instant change in chemistry, I'd be a billionaire and save the world a lot of misery.
    The animal desire to pound someone , you can't have , or had and broke up , is a power natural thing.
    Our minds are more powerful then other animals in the kingdom , its called moving on , and appreciating the good times as an experience we won't want to forget.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Watch anime and cry yourself to sleep

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165
    Watch anime and cry yourself to sleep
    So be Jameer?