Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-30-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far
Default Lakers record without Odom - 13-10

Would just like you guys to acknowldge how good they played when Odom was the only core player who was injured and what their schedule was like.

Yes, 13-10 was their record.

Now say whatever you want but 23 games is a big enough sample to prove my point.

No, the Lakers are not better than Odom but he isn't nearly as crucial to them as you may like to think. In 05 he was considering they had no big men, no rebounding, nothing.

Now? Not so much. Odom is very redudant with some of his skills.
For example, playmaking...he isn't even a primary playmaker, we don't even run the triangle that much and ball movement suffers more when Luke is out.
Scoring? LOL. Freaking Brian Cook looked good replacing that scoring.
Defense? Eh...say what?
The only thing we really missed was rebounding but Kobe stepped up in that department without Odom.

Folks, he isn't a difference maker here. I don't know how else to prove this.

13-10 is quite a decent record without him and it's not like he was only one that was missed.
It's not like we haven't played some powerhouse teams multiple times during that stretch.

It's an alarming stat. The guy we're paying $13 mill for just doesn't make so much impact.

Let it go. He must be gone. Stop thinking with your heart, damnit. He's a misfit here.
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lakers record without Odom - 13-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
Let it go. He must be gone. Stop thinking with your heart, damnit. He's a misfit here.

How about you let it go? You have made your point over and over and over again. We all know where you stand and at some point, out of maturity, you have to learn to agree to disagree with people.

Thank you.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:21 AM   #3
Liberalo
Banned

Liberalo has an OK reputation so far

Well, you're assuming that I consider myself mature. I don't.

So I won't let it go.

I'm just asking for some simple arguments to why is Odom so freaking important to this team and so irreplacable, so valuable and whatnot.

I'm waiting..
Liberalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thats the spirit! I feel better now...

Old 04-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Liberalo,

I'm on your side on this situation so why don't you tell everyone here how many ppg we averaged as a team without Odom.

a lot huh?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberalo
Well, you're assuming that I consider myself mature. I don't.

So I won't let it go.

I'm just asking for some simple arguments to why is Odom so freaking important to this team and so irreplacable, so valuable and whatnot.

I'm waiting..

certainly the most accurate post you have ever made.

Last edited by bleedinpurple : 04-30-2007 at 09:12 PM.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #7
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
certainly the most accurate post you have ever made.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: